Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer some questions about the finish on my PDW...

I painted the whole thing flat black, then with 2000 grit sand paper sanded it all down. Then I sanded the TTB just to make it shiney. Then all over the guns finish I took a lighter and burnt it where I thought carbon build up would be. It turns out great and is mostly permanent, The brake you can rub it off but I try not to. After a while it will stay.

That looks awesome Billy! Nicely done. That's one of the best TTB's I've seen.

Billy Bob, cheers for that; I've just done mine and it looks awesome. If it's any help to anyone, the tip of a Zippo flame coats everything in carbon in seconds, maybe the fuel makes it more 'carbony'? I'll get a picture up when i get me hands on the camera.

*edit* That was quick...

P1000183.jpg

Edited by hwagan
To answer some questions about the finish on my PDW...

I painted the whole thing flat black, then with 2000 grit sand paper sanded it all down. Then I sanded the TTB just to make it shiney. Then all over the guns finish I took a lighter and burnt it where I thought carbon build up would be. It turns out great and is mostly permanent, The brake you can rub it off but I try not to. After a while it will stay.

Thanks for the tip!!! Really well done.

BTW, I'm interested in buying your TTB. I just don't have the time to work on mine. Let me know.

Billy Bob, cheers for that; I've just done mine and it looks awesome. If it's any help to anyone, the tip of a Zippo flame coats everything in carbon in seconds, maybe the fuel makes it more 'carbony'? I'll get a picture up when i get me hands on the camera.

*edit* That was quick...

From the pics I've seen of the RS ones, they're much more blackened, and it starts right at the tip and moves up. What a buddy of mine did, was hold it with pliers, threads facing up, and hold it over a lit match. Made it look very real.

What another friend of mine did was take some cooking oil, put it in a small, and I mean small, bowl, and then put a piece of cotton in there. Then he balled up the cotton and twisted the tip into a wick. The very end of it was dry however, so be careful. Light, and then hold flash hider over it, and it will get carbon coated in seconds.

Side note- my friend who did the cotton thing is a Hindu, as am I, and making that make-shift candle is part of prayer, and the idea of carbon coating just came to him then.

From the pics I've seen of the RS ones, they're much more blackened, and it starts right at the tip and moves up. What a buddy of mine did, was hold it with pliers, threads facing up, and hold it over a lit match. Made it look very real.

What another friend of mine did was take some cooking oil, put it in a small, and I mean small, bowl, and then put a piece of cotton in there. Then he balled up the cotton and twisted the tip into a wick. The very end of it was dry however, so be careful. Light, and then hold flash hider over it, and it will get carbon coated in seconds.

Side note- my friend who did the cotton thing is a Hindu, as am I, and making that make-shift candle is part of prayer, and the idea of carbon coating just came to him then.

A fellow Indian airsofter, on arnies, with a proper SR-15, in NJ?! Madness!

Has anyone Duracoated their SR15 FDE yet? (to replicate this: http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archiv...C/SR15_Tan.jpg

I knida want to get an SR15 just to do that. :P

I remember seeing those on AR15 and thinking ewwwww. Then saw it at SHOT ... and thinking it looked worse in person. Maybe after a cr@p load of carbon build up it'll look better, but brand spankin' new ... not so much.

G&P SR16 URX:

Hurricane 7mm Gearbox

Hurricane Bearings

AIM Steel Tooth Piston

Prometheus POM Piston Head

Riot SC CNC Standard ratio gears

Guarder SP110

Systema Energy Tappet plate

Systema Hop up chamber (might just keep stock in actually)

Prometheus Purple Bucking

SCS nub

Prometheus 363mmBarrel

Shock Transfer System

Systema magum Motor

Extreme-Fire evolution AEG computer

Magpul MIAD grip

Vltor flip up front sight

G&P stubby stock

Deans

ThuMar04152235PST2010.jpg

ThuMar04152244PST2010.jpg

ThuMar04152252PST2010.jpg

ThuMar04152301PST2010.jpg

ThuMar04152309PST2010.jpg

Crappy cell phone pictures...

just picked up a DBOYS PDW off the forum, but its missing the motor adjustment screw. can anybody tell me what the screw is, or if i can get it somewhere, or what size it is, or anything about it so i can find a replacement pelase ?

or does anybody have one ?

also, i dont have time to flick through this whole thread looking for interesting ways to make my pdw look good. can any pdw owners either pm me pics of their 'kitted' pdw's or point me to which page they're on in this thread please ?

any help would be very much appreciated. the pdw's i have caught on here looks pretty mint.