Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

Lambolurker: I love your SR. Or it might be the red velvety thingy behind it that brings out the all the black of your black rifle.

Here be some of mine:

sr16e3iwsarion4.jpg

sr16e3iwsarion3.jpg

sr16e3iwsarion2.jpg

sr16e3iwsarion1.jpg

USCMCorps: when stippling VFC rail panels, everything went fine. When I tried doing the same to genuine KAC panels, the plastic was very hard to melt and when it did, it stuck in fat blobs to my soldering iron. It made quite a mess of everything. What's the secret to this? You need some kind of special Costa-approval so that the KAC panels let themselves be textured? T_T

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when stippling VFC rail panels, everything went fine. When I tried doing the same to genuine KAC panels, the plastic was very hard to melt and when it did, it stuck in fat blobs to my soldering iron. It made quite a mess of everything. What's the secret to this? You need some kind of special Costa-approval so that the KAC panels let themselves be textured? T_T

No surprise really. VFC panels were made for airsoft while the KAC panels were made to stand up to the heat of a barrel of a rifle. Try a soldering iron that is hotter than the one you currently are using, that may do the trick.

What Reincarnation said. I wait till my soldering iron is pretty hot before I start using it. The stippling goes pretty fast when the iron is hot. You might also want to buy some spare tips and modify them for stippling. I took one of my spare tips and rounded the tip producing really nice simple dimples.

Ion: niiiice. This is the GBB-R I always wanted to build. Though you have to admit you cheaped out on us: where am KAC Prime kit? :P

So, intending to pimp it up a bit (at least ambi-controls!)?

Ion: niiiice. This is the GBB-R I always wanted to build. Though you have to admit you cheaped out on us: where am KAC Prime kit? tongue.gif

So, intending to pimp it up a bit (at least ambi-controls!)?

Thanks man.

Haha, I do intend on ambi controls, at lease the selector switch. I want to finish getting the gun where I want it performance wise before I start more external stuff. Its become a money pit already and I've only had it for a week. biggrin.gif

I would love a Prime kit, so expensive though, and it has RS threads I believe, so the URX wouldn't fix to my knowledge. But the Prime kit is awesome for sure. I wouldn't mind having that. Although I'm not sure I'd ever use my gun with a Prime body on it.

Edited by Ion

Ion: Prime WA kits are definitely skirmishable. I doubt that they're anodinized like the real deal, but the finish is still pretty powerful. It will hold up a LOT of abuse. Just don't use the receiver as a mallet for banging on rocks and it should be fine.

Talking about receiver finish, I'm dead impressed by my VFC SR15E3IWS. I banged it everywhere on the course of multple skirmishes, and the receiver is still brand new looking (though dirty)! Way tougher than G&P stuff that scratch by just looking at the thing sideways.

Ion: Prime WA kits are definitely skirmishable. I doubt that they're anodinized like the real deal, but the finish is still pretty powerful. It will hold up a LOT of abuse. Just don't use the receiver as a mallet for banging on rocks and it should be fine.

Hmm. Maybe I'll reconsider them then. I'd still worry about scratches though. Haha. I'd run around with a pillow to throw down in front of the gun. :D

My SR16, soon to have the stock replaced with an ACE stock when the lipos arrive :)

Is that a Marui SR? Awesome! Looks like you kept it mostly stock too. Brings back many memories.

I think we can tell from this thread that VFC has successfully commoditized the super-accurate KAC look. I remember 5 or so years back, when Marui was still king and before the SPR craze, they were the first people to start making replicas of KAC rails, and anyone who wanted a KAC had to assemble it themselves, maybe even splurge for a real KAC rail. Nowadays, it seems like everyone and their mother has an SR15 IWS.

Well I did some shuffling around on my real AR so, the T1 got to come off for a bit. Yeah Yeah Yeah... I know that the QDSS is a NT4, but I cant find a NT3 one for the PDW.

DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN1297.jpg

DSCN1296.jpg

Heres my Mk11 I am going to replace the PAQ-4 with a PEQ15 soon. And toss on some iron sights.

DSCN1302.jpg

Cans

DSCN1306.jpg

I don't know if you guys know:

Does VFC sell the triple tap brake that comes with the PDW separately?

Also, I remember there was some discussion on this, but how have you guys managed to strip the finish and polish your TTBs?

Edited by slu

I don't know if you guys know:

Does VFC sell the triple tap brake that comes with the PDW separately?

Also, I remember there was some discussion on this, but how have you guys managed to strip the finish and polish your TTBs?

I am not sure if VFC sells it separately.

However you could always check out the G&P or King Arms version. I believe they retail for around $25 and are very solid. Redwolf and WGCshop both carries them.

-Shin