Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress so far:

sr25inprogresssm.jpg

sr25closeupsm.jpg

• Magpul PTS MIAD (my AEX gun tech, Easy E, installed proper motor contacts for me).

• RS Magpul ASAP (modified to fit on the AEG lower receiver).

• Magpul PTS Trigger Guard

• RS Magpul AFG

• RS Magpul Rail Ladders

• RS KAC Rail Panels

• RS buffer tube and castle nut (buffer tube opened up at the rear to install lipo battery

• Rear wiring shortened

• G&P KAC SR-25 Flashhider (CW). I also have the Stock Flashhider that comes with the M110/EMC (which is also CW).

What's left:

• Shorten the barrel to 16" length with a CW 14mm thread

• Install a shorter KM tightbore barrel

• Modify the gas block to the EMC style.

Edit: oh please ignore the blue masking tape, That's simply a visual gauge for me for where the flashhider will come back to

Edited by uscmCorps

Looks alright so far, all though I would recommend setting the light a little further up and tucking the wire behind the KAC rail so it doesn't get in the way when you transition.

(have you looked into changing the point of contact for the pressure switch, maybe to the twelve 0clock rail?)

Here is a pick of mine to illustrate what I mean.

photo36j.jpg

ALSO* Any votes for a Dytac Micro Aimpoint on my SR15 ???

Edited by fiddlesticks4220

Looks alright so far, all though I would recommend setting the light a little further up and tucking the wire behind the KAC rail so it doesn't get in the way when you transition.

(have you looked into changing the point of contact for the pressure switch, maybe to the twelve 0clock rail?)

Here is a pick of mine to illustrate what I mean.

ALSO* Any votes for a Dytac Micro Aimpoint on my SR15 ???

I'm looking at the Surefire SR07 Dual Switch right now. Still thinking about what I want to do with the wires. That'll have to wait until I find myself a VFC Black PEQ-15.

I like the DYTac Aimpoint with DYTac ADM mount. I got one in for a buddy on my team and the quality is shockingly good. The reticule is bright enough for outdoor use in fact.

uscmCorps,

Was there a particular reason you went with ARES instead of G&P?

Thanks.

- First and foremost, the ambi controls. The Ares has them, the G&P doesn't.

- The Ares uses more V2 gearbox parts than the G&P.

- Magazines weren't a big issue. Both used proprietary mags.

- The Ares uses RS buffer tubes which meant I had an incredible amount of rear space for lipos (I'm using AK length lipos). The G&P uses regular AEG buffer tubes, hence less space.

- The G&P is based off the SR-25 14.5" Battle Rifle, not the SR-25 EM Carbine. Therefore it used a 14.5" barrel, and mid-length SR-25 rail without the integrated front sight. The Ares SASS was easier to start with.

Things I'm going to have to live with:

- The EMC doesn't have ambi bolt release. I don't mind.

- The Ares M110 has the wrong trade marks. Again, I can live with that. The trademarks are all engraved and not filled in with white paint, so they're not that noticeable.

- The only M110 style airsoft flashhiders on the market are the ones made by G&P and Ares. Both are only available in CW threads. I bought a G&P SR-25 front set as I wanted the TTB style flashhider for the EMC, and the mid-length 7.62 URX for my SR47. So the only flashhiders that will ever go on my EMC will be CW flashhiders. Which isn't the end of the world as there aren't that many airsoft 7.62 flashhiders anyway.

It was certainly a gamble however. There were a lot of uncertainties that I had to deal with. While other Ares XM110 owners had said they thought the gun accepted RS buffer tubes ... I wasn't 100% sure. I'm still not sure about the outer barrel and hopUp. But if it keeps shooting the way my initial tests showed, this'll be an awesome gun.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_230&products_id=32387

hows this look, is it me or is the urx shorter on that than on the m110, 10 inch instead of 12 inch???

and USMC do you have any idea on the compatibility of of the outer barrel? Thats the biggest selling point on it for me.

Edited by brimm2000

The link you included is of the SR-25 Carbine (not the SASS) which has a 16" barrel but it uses a shorter rail than the EMC and a different gas block that can't be modified to look like the EMC gas block. The Evike one is also the US version which has Ares trades instead of KAC trades. It really comes down to how accurate of a replica of the EMC you want. I'm trying to get mine as close as possible, but even then there are a few things I can't get perfect.

methinks i will save my pennies for an EMC that looks flawless, personally id use the RVG over the AFG but either way it looks fantastice uscmcorps! Did you do those stippled grips yourself? i attempted a set myself but it isnt how yours look which is a bind. ill need a pointed head on the iron over a flat head.

methinks i will save my pennies for an EMC that looks flawless, personally id use the RVG over the AFG but either way it looks fantastice uscmcorps! Did you do those stippled grips yourself? i attempted a set myself but it isnt how yours look which is a bind. ill need a pointed head on the iron over a flat head.

I stippled the panels myself. Here's a simple how to I wrote for the way I do mine. For the soldering iron tip, I used a spare tip and filed the tip to a rounded point.

As for getting a flawless EMC, hopefully Ares will make one one day.

methinks i will save my pennies for an EMC that looks flawless, personally id use the RVG over the AFG...

If you want your arms to explode under the strain I would advise NOT using a straight vertical grip-style setup on the EMC. Trust me on this.

As USCM pointed out, the EMC uses a special gas block designed to interface with the EMC specific suppressor (pics of that once the ATF lets them transfer it to my dealer):

GasBlock_04.jpg

I also discovered last night when I took the barrel off to drop off at the machinist this morning that the barrel is NOT a standard AEG barrel. The rear area that interfaces with the hopUp is longer to accommodate the the regular M4 hopUp that sits further back into the SR-25 receiver which is longer than a M4 receiver. This makes me really glad that I went with the SASS instead of the Carbine. I should have the barrel and gas block back in hand on Thursday. I'll post pics if I have time. I've got an OP on Friday through Sunday.

I also discovered last night when I took the barrel off to drop off at the machinist this morning that the barrel is NOT a standard AEG barrel. The rear area that interfaces with the hopUp is longer to accommodate the the regular M4 hopUp that sits further back into the SR-25 receiver which is longer than a M4 receiver. This makes me really glad that I went with the SASS instead of the Carbine. I should have the barrel and gas block back in hand on Thursday. I'll post pics if I have time. I've got an OP on Friday through Sunday.

are you having them cut down the barrel and add threads as well?

uscm. That gun looks great! I can't wait to see if complete, should be something special..

I have a picture request for you guys, I posted this in the AR15 thread and just got one... But it didn't really help.

Does anyone have a URX 10" Rail + 16" Barrel? I need something to gauge what my DMR upper receiver would look like if I went this route.

Thanks.

SR15WOC002.jpg

G&P SR15 URX med (WOC)

Now with ACS :)

Love, love, love your gun.

(sorry for the pic quote, theres just a lot of posts happening and I didn't want it to get lost)

Edit: What length barrel is that? !0.5 or 11.5?

Edited by jgarnreiter

Really??

Any one of the Sr15's here would do.

Theres plenty of posts with them with the lest 5 pages itself.

AND http://www.google.co...=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Haha thanks... Yeah, really :P

Hmm...I wonder...

Also, I gotta' ask, as I can't find them. How much is KAC charging for the laser engraved T-1 battery covers?

I'm going to guess $50.00. :P

-Vic

IIRC KAC doesnt sell the T1 battery covers by themselves...

http://www.valkyrietactical.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_id=1645

No wonder I couldn't find them.

I wasn't too far off, though, considering that the mount itself is similar to the DD offset, which is ~$45.00. The T-1 doesn't mount directly to the DD offset, though, rather to the rail on the mount...if that makes sense. So the price is reasonable.

-Vic

38.00 dollars. Not out yet. I have a pair on order, one for each of my true knights guns (SR-15 and SR-25)

IIRC KAC doesnt sell the T1 battery covers by themselves...

You recall incorrectly. The cap alone is p/n 25871

Edit: What length barrel is that? !0.5 or 11.5?

To properly poke out from the URX rail it has to be a minimum of 11.5"

Edited by Titleist