Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you got the tritium one? How is it?

Very nice, people are worried about the amber dot getting washed out by the sun, but really it only gets washed out by the sun if you aim it directly at the sun. The sucker gets bright during the day. Its as bright as the ambient light it captures. In total darkness, the tritium works to illuminate it.

I've been wanting to try chroming/buffing my G&P TTB to look like my real used KAC TTB. Came out okay. Pretty close to one of my real ones. After I buffed the TTB entirely, getting the scorching to stick was a bit of a pain.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8581/ttb01sm.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4006/ttb02sm.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6347/ttb03sm.jpg

wow fantastic pics......!

IronWolf: Please don't quote pictures, in future remove the image tags to help save browsing space.

Edited by IronWolf

Ares SR 25 M110 SASS

KA SR16 E3

Both still factory spec inside and out, haven't had the time/imagination to enhance them yet.

Solid rifles, well made and nice trades on both. Shoots well, 390-410 for SR16, 420-320 for SR25

Soz for large pics and soz for pics not being very artistic, I have no sense of "flair"tongue.gif

dsc1360.jpg

dsc1330.jpg

dsc1339x.jpg

I installed a G&P SR-25 URX onto one of my SR-47's.

sr47kac01sm.jpg

sr47kac02sm.jpg

sr47kac03.jpg

And since it was developed for USSOCOM, I thought it was somewhat apropos to use this mount :) :

sr47kac04a.jpg

sr47kac04b.jpg

I then added some Magpul accessories:

sr47magpul01sm.jpg

sr47magpul02sm.jpg

Not sure which I prefer between the mostly KAC style SR-47, and the Magpul-ized SR-47. I like both, but I think I prefer the Magpul style one as it feels that it follows more my own style. I definitely prefer the URX over the original RAS it came with. The URX gives it a more streamlined look which, if KAC was actually still making the SR-47 today, would probably have been implemented for the rifle.

(* click any side profile pic to see a larger version)

I definitely prefer the URX over the original RAS it came with. The URX gives it a more streamlined look which, if KAC was actually still making the SR-47 today, would probably have been implemented for the rifle.

Totally agree.

I rather dig the SR47 with the Knight's furniture with the Arsenal 5.56x45 replica smoke magazine.

Nice 47 uscmCorps.

What's the fit like with those Beta Project mags? When I've tried plastic AK mags

(AKM, AK74) in my SR-47 they've been a really tight fit. They look a lot easier to carry in kit set up for AR mags than standard AK-47 mags.

I'll not mention that they are the wrong calibre for the weapon, That's just something the AK fanboys do :rolleyes:

I rather dig the SR47 with the Knight's furniture with the Arsenal 5.56x45 replica smoke magazine.

Yeah, I'm not that much of a stickler when it comes to AK mags. I know AK geardos cry bloody murder over that, but it's never bothered me that much. I like the look of it and that's enough for me.

USMC: throw on a UBR!

It did cross my mind. I'm trying (and failing) to avoid spending more money right now. We'll see.

Nice 47 uscmCorps.

What's the fit like with those Beta Project mags? When I've tried plastic AK mags

(AKM, AK74) in my SR-47 they've been a really tight fit. They look a lot easier to carry in kit set up for AR mags than standard AK-47 mags.

I'll not mention that they are the wrong calibre for the weapon, That's just something the AK fanboys do :rolleyes:

I actually bought this particular SR-47 second hand several years ago. The previous user upgraded it like crazy, and filed the inside of the magwell a little to better accommodate different mags. My AK Beta Project mags go in and out of the magwell with ease.

I do like the 1st one better though, mostly because Im a sucker for KAC rail covers and cantilevers

Yeah, I like both versions. Initially I put Magpul XTM panels on the rail, but it seemed to add some visual bulk. Once I put the Rail ladders on there instead, it just felt *right*. The all KAC version does have a special place in my heart, but the latter Magpul version just feels more "me".

No offence to the other SR-47 owners out there, but Corps, your '47 is the only '47 that I've ever really liked.

The URX looks just so much better than the standard FF RAS. Between the two, I prefer the Magpul'd SR-47. The URX would be considered an update/upgrade to the platform, as would the Magpul gear, so I think the combo fits and works very well together.

-Vic

:D

Because I'd said my self in this topic and AR-15, will not post anything with to much Magpul on it :P

Here is the setup with full Magpul bits click here for that topic.

The one above is more like UKSF in one way or other, L 119A1. Colors are FDE but there was something wrong with lighting, and didn't make another round of photos when I saw that. :(