Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My SR15 :D

SR15.jpg

Body2.jpg

RIS.jpg

On the list to complete it: Guarder SR15 body, VFC front and rear flip up sights, G&G SR15 silencer, Harris bipod, 6x KA short mags, G&P pistol grip, G&P Solid stock (for the option), G&P vert grip (for the option) and maybe another G&P M3, so both this and my M14 can have an M3 on at the same time, instead of one having the Aimpoint and one having an M3.

What body do you guys reckon would be better, "SR15 Match" or "SR15 M5"?

• 2 months later...

Ok im exactly sure if this question belongs here but we'll see. I'm planning on buying a SR 25, and I was wondering which brand I should get. The G&P SR 25 or their new SR 25k URX. Also the classic army one. One of my main questions is on the G&P SR 25s they say CNC, I'm wondering what this means and what advantages it offers. If anyone could point me to a good review of any of them. Thank you in advance.

Ok im exactly sure if this question belongs here but we'll see. I'm planning on buying a SR 25, and I was wondering which brand I should get. The G&P SR 25 or their new SR 25k URX. Also the classic army one. One of my main questions is on the G&P SR 25s they say CNC, I'm wondering what this means and what advantages it offers. If anyone could point me to a good review of any of them. Thank you in advance.

CNC stands for "Computer Numerical Control". What it basically means is that, any part that is fabricated via CNC process, is actually made by being machined using a computer assisted lathe and/or mill. Most metal airsoft parts are not produced via CNC and are made by pouring molten metal into a steel mold. When the metal is cooled it is brought out of the mold and with minimal clean up, the part is essentially finished. CNC on the other hand, typically starts off with the machinist taking a block of metal, and using the computer and machinery to chisel away at the block of metal until it becomes the finished piece. The reason why CNC costs so much more than molded metal is because CNC is typically a much more accurate process and also because CNC requires a lot more time and skilled labor to produce.

It also should be noted that some times a machinist will produce a metal piece via the metal molding process, but once the piece is pulled out of the mold the machinist will use CNC on the piece to trim the piece down to very accurate tolerances. A lot of companies will advertise such a piece as being CNC'ed although the piece wasn't machined straight out of a block of metal. Why does this matter? Well it's not such a big deal when real steel manufacturers do it as they are working with steel or other strong metals. However, a lot of airsoft companies will work with softer metals (pot metals, etc.) that are easy to cast in a mold, and then CNC the piece afterwards. The problem is that these pot metal pieces are typically not as strong as say aluminum pieces and definitely not as strong as steel parts. It's probably not that big a deal in the big picture of things, as these are afterall toys, just something to keep in mind.

As for which is better amoungst the various SR25s... I'd go for the G&P URX... it's just so dang sexy! ;)

• 2 months later...
a KAC front flip up sight would complete the gun.

That and a knights flip up rear sight are the last two things on my list externally. Unfortunaley i can't find the knights style flip up front sight as an airsoft replica, so i might have to source a real steel one. God knows how much that'll cost? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
THAT IS SICK. I love the fore grip... Hmmmm.... with the magpul stock that would kick @ss.

Like this?

SR-25.jpg

I had the stock on there before (still have it) but the problem is the battery. Didn't want to use a battery bag. A custom battery might fit into the handguard, but probably not. Plus the build of it would make it rather hard to access.

Glad you like it. Yeah, I may change my mind and put the stock back on. I can put the battery bag on the left side of the stock, towards me, so that to others it's not as obvious, but I'm not sure. There's already a small channel cut out of the bottom of the base of the Magpul stock for the wires. Thanks yet again to my buddies Denis & Nick for various help working on it.

4 Pages of utter SPAM is not acceptable guys! If you want to talk nonsense take it to PM, arguing flame baiting and just shooting the breeze should also be taken to either PM or the Chatroom! Either keep it on topic or it gets closed down.

Just to let you know I have cleared out all the non relevant posts.