Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, get a loverly SR-16 metal body and cover the beautiful trades in paint -_-

Im going to second that.

Corps, a year ago i would have agreed with you. Honestly though man, ive stopped putting real steel parts on my guns beyond back up iron sights and SOME stocks simply because the airsoft BUIS's and stocks (depending on model) are generally terrible. Everything else is functionally sound as far as im concerned. The only part that really doesnt cut the mustard these days are the metal body kits but again, depending on manufacturer they're close enough. I really do think that MOST people spend money on airsoft guns for all of the wrong reasons. The retards at my local site that are bragging about real steel parts on their airsoft TOYS just get a chuckle from me. We as americans have a right to own firearms, we dont need firearms grade accessories on our guns. Sure, we have the CHOICE to add them but again, my entire point here is that too many people think real steel parts make their airsoft gun better somehow.

The simple fact of the matter is that it just makes it more expensive, which as far as im concerned, makes it WORSE.

At the end of the day though, its all about choice i respect everyone's opinion and their desire to do whatever the heck they want to do. Still, the chuckleheads that think they're stroking their ego by posting their overpriced toys on an internet forum get a snicker of derision from me because quite frankly, i think they're seriously lacking in the testosterone and logic department.

Also, im not targeting anyone in this thread either, i think that WA is pretty neat. I think its way too expensive for what it is and i think Kalmar is NUTS for spending that much money on a platform thats not even really that good BUT im still envious of it simply because its a nice piece AND i bet its fun to shoot. Kudo's kal, you crazy bastidge, i really hope you enjoy the hell out of it!

Everyone who believes I have spent an absurd amount of money on this project should seriously check out my paintball gun :P As a hardcore mil-sim enthusiast, eight years of scenario paintball just didn't provide me with the realism I needed to enjoy myself or the game I played. When I decided to take up airsoft I knew I wanted the most true to life experience and the WA M4 is unquestionably just that. Yes it is costly, and possesses inherent limitations in accuracy and service life, but those drawbacks are tremendously outwheighed (at least in my opinion) by the pure joy of feeling that kick in the shoulder every time you squeez the trigger; The panic and sense of urgency in the middle of a firefight once your bolt locks back when your magazine is spent; And that ultimate badass sensation when you rack a fresh round in the chamber, ready to kick *albatross* again. For me or anyone else who this sounds appealing to, the WA simply can't be beat.

Now in furthering my defense, the real steel parts are there because I will in fact be purchasing a real AR in the near future - and I'd like to transfer as much as possible. Regardless, RS parts are no doubt built to higher specs which are not required for typical airsoft use, then again, the WA is not your typical airsoft gun (and if it hasn't been established already, I am not the typical airsoft player.) Aside from the stock and sight, which are there for personal necessity, I see no validity to the "totally unessesary" argument.

lol, get a loverly SR-16 metal body and cover the beautiful trades in paint -_-

Surpisingly, I agree completely. With hindsight I would not paint my WA again - I'm even considering scraping these parts and starting again :o The trades were really what made this gun special. The paint largely made them disappear as expected however they are still noticeable at close range. It's nearly impossible to see on camera, only in person does the light reflect to show the engravings but you can try to discern them here.

I am verry upset with myself now and dreppessed at the thought of spending another $400 on parts I already own but I'm afriad that's what's next. :(

Edited by Kalmar

One more thing I'd like to add is in regard to the "all the wrong reasons" comment made in Maqsz post. I feel that the usual bragging and one-upmanship is unavoidable at least in airsoft's demographic. It's one thing when you're spoiled and spending your parent's money, but another when you purposely spend all available funds to grow your 'e-peen'. In some rare instances such as my own, this is due to the fact that airsoft is a passion and something worth spending time, effort and money on. I'm now a full time student, but thankfully due to my brief yet illustrious career as a profesional gamer (lol no seriously) I have been able to spend my own money, on my own hobby, for me - and that's all that matters.

Edited by Kalmar
Do G&P SR-25's use the same kind of gearbox as M4's?

Not all of them, some use the v2 box and an extended nozzle, etc....

? there arent different versions of the GP SR25s are there? aside form externals that is...

and if you're referring to the GG half-assed excuse for an sr25.... then its not an sr25 so that doesnt count...

is the CA a "clone/copy" of the GP?

I'm afraid I'd strip the original finish completely. If that's the case I could try anodizing :D

What'd you paint it with? If it was simply Krylon, I've heard Brake fluid does wonders. As for stripping the original finish, I'm pretty sure brake fluid won't do it. Some guy removed Duracoat

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=6&am...19&t=239839

by dipping it in paint thinner for an hour.... and the black anodized finish is still there. If the G&P anodization is even half as strong, it'll be fine by just rubbing brake fluid on there. Although I'm not sure about the laser engravings... I think it should be fiine though.

Also, don't sue me if im wrong :(

Edit: It seems that the G&P body is anodized, and the laser engravings should be really permanent.

http://www.lazerdesigns.com/help/laserengraved.html

Maybe.

Edited by Whan
Now get a G&P M110 front end and it will be as close as you can get for the moment since no one makes an accurate receiver. :(

after the tune-up made to this rifle i barely have enough $ left to buy the proper front end kit :(

but i'm pretty pleased with it and it's performance :)

Look at the receiver...SR25 :) or MK11 if you wish. Yeah it's a real SR25 not an Airsoft one. I thought it was intresting seeing a Surefire on it. Pretty cool gun..alot more front heavy than I thought it would be as well. Most of the Scout Snipers I talked too didn't like it though(But there where a couple that liked it..hence the pics)..they prefered the M40A1. The Seal snipers I have talked too love it though...go figure.

Edited by navymp28
I has a continous rail on the top and a flash hider the SR-25 has neither.

M110 - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...10_ECP_Left.jpg

SR-25 - http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sr25-mk11m0-1.jpg

Rofl...

So you're disagreeing with the original poster, ie navymp, the guy that took the photo?

Man...