Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an accessory. It's hard to say if there's a wrong way to use it. There's the way it was designed to be used (in front of the hand) and there's the way it can be improvised to be used (behind the hand). Either way, so long as it works for the shooter that's all that matters really. It makes sense for Costa to use it behind the hand as he uses VFGs as a point of reference for where his hand should consistently come to rest when firing his primary. So rather than all the excess material used in a VFG, he uses the bare necessities of the hand stop and improvises it to do everything he needs from a VFG ... a point of reference and a more secure grip. (I also bought a couple extra handstops for this very purpose.) His style is definitely evolving into more K.I.S.S. than his earlier incarnations. Though, I'm not a fan of the Trijicon mini RDS that rifle's got on it.

My Handstops all came with a KAC QD sling mount ... I just don't like having it attached there for either aesthetic or practical standpoints.

Looks awesome! How do you like the HurricanE body? It should be very nice from what I recall. Is the SR15 rail a G&P? Which tool did you use to install it? I had a SR16 tool but it's too short for the SR15 midlength rail so I just ordered a XM110 rail tool from G&P and I'm hoping that'll do the trick.

Does the right side selector work?

Nice! I assume you built it from scratch?

@USCM

XM110 tool should work, as its rail is rifle length, and SR15 is mid length. But I used trial and error and saved about $40. Are you building an 11.5 urx upper?

On another note

Apparently KAC's T-1 mount has now been released! Lot better looking than Larue's IMO

001-10.jpg

Edited by Whan

I've got the KAC Aimpoint mount incoming. As for the URX, I'm getting a second VFC SR15E3 IWS arriving next week and with a 11.5" barrel and a couple other accessories, I'm building a shorty SR15 like Costa's. Between the SR16, long SR15 and short SR15, I'll have my three primary guns setup as the main ones I bring with me to OPs (which for me is pretty good because I normally take 7 or more guns to any major game).

Current long SR15E3 (still need to swap the grip to an FDE MIAD):

stormsr15.jpg

Looks awesome! How do you like the HurricanE body? It should be very nice from what I recall. Is the SR15 rail a G&P? Which tool did you use to install it? I had a SR16 tool but it's too short for the SR15 midlength rail so I just ordered a XM110 rail tool from G&P and I'm hoping that'll do the trick.

Does the right side selector work?

The body is rock solid, and with the G&P crane, I can beat a man holding it from the stock tube. unfortunately, the other selector does not work.

It is a G&P URX, I got from a guy in rosemead, and used a CA SR tool that I borrowed from a shop in winnetka.

I gotta get one of those grip stops though, where did you get yours? If you have extras I'll pick them up from you, I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

This is my main weapon, I also have a SR-15 Match, @ 500fps and a PDW on the way, gonna downgrade to 320fps.

Edited by Sithlord

Used my SR15E3 yesterday in the above configuration (minus the Surefire). It was really awesome and perhaps my current favorite (only the third time I've used it now). I've never been that fond of long guns (greater than 14.5" barrels) but living in California, getting into RS guns and having to face the limitations of the laws out here regarding barrel length on RS guns, I decided to force myself to get used to long guns. And I think I'm a convert. The VFC SR15E3 was freaking bad @ss. The CA inner tightbore barrel (I'm usually a KM guy) goes all the way to the end of the replica KAC Triple Tap Brake (painted the front edge of the inner barrel matte black), and the range on this thing is phenomenal. The gun chronos at around 363 fps on 0.25g Excel Bio BBs and yet I was out ranging all of the guns on the field. I was getting M14 like ranges and none of my other high end guns have ever been close to this. I'm in love. :wub:

A few months back I had bought a bag of the Bioval Clear 0.27g BBs and decided to give them a try for yesterday's game day. They were pretty much the best ammo I've ever come across in the almost 20 years of playing I've had. Plus, the simple fact that I could see every round perfectly as they flew from the gun but they were invisible to anyone not standing within 5 feet from me and between my 7 to 5 o'clock was awesome.

uscmcorps081509.jpg

Just got this on Friday. At some point, i'm going to get a KAC handstop. That is if uscmCorps hasn't exhausted the entire US supply of them!

I only bought 3 (or was it 5) KAC HandStops. ^_^

AZN Kid, looking good dude.

My newest addition (bottom one):

sr15srightforum.jpg

sr15sleftforum.jpg

(Click pics for larger versions)

SBR version loosely based on Costa's:

sr15sbrkacrightforum.jpgsr15sbrkacleftforum.jpg

I also kinda like it with the SureFire Muzzle Brake:

sr15sbrsfrightforum.jpgsr15sbrsfleftforum.jpg