Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

Metal finishes are particularly tricky. For example anodizing has no true "black" it's actually dark purple or blue that's so deep a value that it appears black. So parts that appear purple'ish (KAC rails for example) don't have as thick of anodizing.

Parkerizing can also give a blue appearance sometimes. Why I brought it up is that KAC is constantly changing the guns as they go, and little variances happen during production, so pegging down the EXACT look varies.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is purely as reference here, I won't post pics here because of the rules.

That said, on my E3 IWS the lower is a dark matte gray, upper is a darker black receiver, rail is dark gray/purple, gas block is dark gray with a touch of blue, barrel is quite gray.

Hope that makes sense.

Metal finishes are particularly tricky. For example anodizing has no true "black" it's actually dark purple or blue that's so deep a value that it appears black. So parts that appear purple'ish (KAC rails for example) don't have as thick of anodizing.

Parkerizing can also give a blue appearance sometimes. Why I brought it up is that KAC is constantly changing the guns as they go, and little variances happen during production, so pegging down the EXACT look varies.

What he said. Quoted for truth.

@ 08kecarv: I don't have that particular one, but they do look a lot alike. They'll both work just the same.

Edited by Hispeed1

Nah its cool Hispeed, I'm not raggin' on you for it.

In fact, since most of the finish is dark blue/purple, my SR15's must be the most unrealistic KACs I have!!! :P

Now to keep this a picture thread:

009-11.jpg

Don't mind the bits of seeds and what not, its from walking in and out of the house.

@ 08kecarv: that's the King Arms SR-15E3 with the 16" barrel and 10.3" (midlength) URX II right?

@ Fiddle: I'm pretty sure you can use those quick-detach sling loops on the receiver of the VFC KAC-PDW. It'd be fail for them if it was just for looks-lol!

To all-somethings tripping me out-for some reason when I compare/look at this pic~the 16" rifle with the 12.3" rifle-length URX II (bottom) looks longer than the same rifle but with the 10.3" (top). It maybe just because of the longer rail (Sorry for photo-chopping your pic 08kecarv)

urx2.jpg

Edited by Hispeed1
@ 08kevarv: that's the King Arms SR-15E3 with the 16" barrel and 10.3" (midlength) URX II right?

Yup.

@ Fiddle: Yes they work. But they're not the most secure mounts IMO. I've had them fail on me a couple times, especially on the VFC SR15's/SR16 when the gun inexplicably completely detached itself.

Just bought me a DBOYs PDW, I am going to by a VFC one in a few weeks. I just needed it for a CQB game soon. I hope I can get it in time and down grade it.

I am thinking about taking off the rear sight and putting on a normal 600m one. Then run a T-1 behind a PEQ15. Then on the right side a scout light. I would prob use a KAC hand stop or TD stubby, haven't decided yet.

You know Billy Bob, that sounds almost exactly how I want to set up a PDW when I get one. Instead of using a TD stubby i'd be using the KAC short grip though.

@Hispeed: Yeah its a 16" barrel but I just measured the URX and it comes out to right around 10.5". It is however the mid length URX. I'll have to take a measuring tape to my G&P SR15 URX when it gets home to see if the measurements are the same.

@uscmCorps: Can you do me a favor and find out the dimensions of your VFC SR15's grip? I want to see if the dimensions are in fact the same.

Mahalo! ;)

Yup.

@ Fiddle: Yes they work. But they're not the most secure mounts IMO. I've had them fail on me a couple times, especially on the VFC SR15's/SR16 when the gun inexplicably completely detached itself.

cool, I guess I will just have to check a load of QDs to see which one works the best.... How to you use a sling on your PDW?

OK, So I got my VFC KAC PDW today, I am in love.. LOL (For now at least), Anyone have recomendations on a PEQ box to get, Besides this PEQ2 it some with, Maybe a PEQ15, How hard is an internal battery mod? Do U need the RA tech lipo kit or can U just remove the gas tube.

EDIT: lol, BNIB VFC PEQ2 for sale :)

Edited by fiddlesticks4220

A quick word of caution to anyone who has a VFC SR15/16 (and this probably applies to anyone with a VFC/Dboys PDW and the new KingArms SR15/16 which all use the same selector design) ... with a lot of use, the hex screw holding in the left side ambi-selector may back out over time and as a result disengaging it from the selector gear set. I recommend occasionally checking that screw to make use it's not too loose. This happened to me on Saturday and I almost lost my left selector. It was a quick and simple fix when I got home, and it was fortunate that I had a spare KAC SR15 to switch to ... but it would have sucked had I lost any parts in the field.

Yeah you can Fellowz.

By the looks of it two pins are holding your gas block in place; punch em out and you should be good to go. However, be on the look out for a hidden grub screw somewhere, a lot of gas blocks have them. If you don't take it out, you'll get a lot of nice deeply engraved silvery white lines all over your barrel :waggle:

@Hispeed: Yeah I mean triple tap brake. If you've got a couple and you aren't using em, wanna get rid of some??? :D

what would be an ideal replacement for the RIS block i have now?

I personally prefer this type of gas block, however you should choose whichever you like and you think looks best:

05-075-01L.JPG

Just found this picture on the internet; its not mine but it sure as hell looks meeeeeeean!!!:

IMG_0907-1024-Stick.jpg

Edited by 08kecarv