Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My SR25 SASR:

SR25scoutver1.jpg

She is almost done still waiting on the Knights one piece scope mount, Harris style Bipod, and Tango down style QD short fore-grip. Once those come in it will be complete.

Just added the Berska 1.5-4.5X20 scope and a Prometheus tight bore barrel. Would have a Prome strike chamber and hard bucking too but for some reason it would jam up. So I threw a G&G bucking and the Tightbore into the stock A&K chamber.

I am debating on adding a DYTAC PEQ15 FDE for looks to it as well but I am not sure if that is even worth it. I mean it would look sweet but...meh. I think the last thing I will need to add internally will be a MOSSFET to assist in more reliable semi-auto fire.

A few questions for you guys.

1) How hard is it to get the URX off of a VFC SR-15 w/ a G&P tool?

2) Any steel 11.5 inch barrels out there? All I've been able to find is the King Arms alluminum one, and I'd rather somethign as pretty and solid as the steel VFC 16iner on it now.

3) Is the Combat Master 12-11.5in barrel steel? Is it possible to buy from VFC direct?

4) Does the VFC Combat Master TTB work with the VFC QDSS can?

Looking at making my SR-15 a SBR w/ my existing VFC KAC suppressor, and since its so easy to rip the upper off, I could easily have a longer "suppressed" inner barrel setup, and sorter SBR setup too.

Lastly, anyone got pics of the combat master barrel suppressed? Or an 11.5in KAC SBR suppressed?

Huge thanks! I realize it is a lot to ask, but I figure, since many of you own these types of guns, have built these types of guns, etc, it'd be easier to ask and find at least some answers than just pure searching (which I am doing).

Would you happen to know the item number (I am assuming it came with your manual) of the gas block, gas tube (and the pin needed to pin it to the gas block), combat master 12/11.5in barrel, the ttb and the shims, etc that come with it?

Never mind, I found the manual on VFC's own website. Never knew they had that stuff on there.

Emailed their sales department. Hopefully I'll be able to SBR my SR15 soon, and get my haynes box in it too (I sent them a request for the bolt catch mechanism parts that will allow it to work with a standard V2 GB).

Thanks guys!

And sorry for the double post.

To those with a VFC SR15E3 IWS Combat Master (Or any VFC SR15 for that matter) what connectors does the battery have, stock? Also is the buffer tube big enough for a lipo?

Comes stock with a small tamiya plug.

I am able to fit a 7.4v buffer tube lipo in there with ease.

The fuse takes up a good amount of space though.

I cannot fit my 11.1v lipo in it with the fuse(maybe I need to play around with it more). It comes with some nice quality black tamiya (small) connectors.

TBH, I don't care, because as soon as I figure out how to retain the ambi-selectors and bolt catch with a regular V2, I am ripping out the VFC guts and replacing it with my haynes CNC Mechbox and all, I like having a mosfet when running 11.1v lipolys, especially a mosfet with a wolfdragon lipo protector PCB.

Also, "self-shimming" gears for FTL. Put an M120 in and they lock up like nobodies business.

On a different note, what are everyone else's VFC SR15s chronoing at? Mine is around 300-310 w/ .25s.

Edited by Vercingetorix
Comes stock with a small tamiya plug.

I am able to fit a 7.4v buffer tube lipo in there with ease.

The fuse takes up a good amount of space though.

I cannot fit my 11.1v lipo in it with the fuse(maybe I need to play around with it more). It comes with some nice quality black tamiya (small) connectors.

TBH, I don't care, because as soon as I figure out how to retain the ambi-selectors and bolt catch with a regular V2, I am ripping out the VFC guts and replacing it with my haynes CNC Mechbox and all, I like having a mosfet when running 11.1v lipolys, especially a mosfet with a wolfdragon lipo protector PCB.

Also, "self-shimming" gears for FTL. Put an M120 in and they lock up like nobodies business.

On a different note, what are everyone else's VFC SR15s chronoing at? Mine is around 300-310 w/ .25s.

Interesting. Yeah, I heard the fuse was a PITA. I guess I'll get a 7.4 then. Because I hate crane stocks, and I suck with AEG internals. I mean, I can just barely a tell a V2 from a V3 apart. :P

7.4 it is. thank you gentleman.

Edit* Wait, is there a major size difference between 7.4/11.1?

Edit 2* Whudafxup- can you maybe guesstimate whether http://www.airsoftglobal.com/product_info....roducts_id=9442 <-- that would fit into the buffer tube?

Edited by BrooklynBorn

The battery you linked is: 105mm x 19mm x 19mm

The battery i am using is: 102mm x 19mm x 11mm

It might be a tight fit, but you should be able to get it in there.

Not sure if you will be using the crane stock it comes with or not but i am able to fit mine with a CTR stock and collapse it to the second position closest to the receiver.

I am able to use a King Arms 11.1v Lipo Battery wired to Deans just fine in my VFC SR15 with Magpul CTR stock.

Sure the stock can't "close down" all the way, but I use my retractable stocks at position 2 anyways.

-Shin

Edit: spelling - all these midterms are burning holes in my head

Edited by luvs2shoot
The battery you linked is: 105mm x 19mm x 19mm

The battery i am using is: 102mm x 19mm x 11mm

It might be a tight fit, but you should be able to get it in there.

Not sure if you will be using the crane stock it comes with or not but i am able to fit mine with a CTR stock and collapse it to the second position closest to the receiver.

Ok. I was going to get the one you linked to, but out of stock. So now I'm getting the firefox. Is the tight fit with length? or width? I assume length because it's a circle, so 19mm all around would be fine.

Thanks for the help.

I am able to use a King Arms 11.1v Lipo Battery wired to Deans just fine in my VFC SR15 with Magpul CTR stock.

Sure the stock can't "close down" all the way, but I use my retractable stocks at position 2 anyways.

-Shin

Edit: spelling - all these midterms are burning holes in my head

Amen bro. Amen.

Damn. Out of stock. <_<