Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

I don't think anyone, including VFC, has ever said the gun was lipo ready. Simply that most of us have switched to lipos. Even KWA's "lipo ready guns" aren't that different than most guns. It's a risk we all knowingly take. Sorry if we gave you the impression that these are designed to work under those conditions ... because they're not. They're designed to work with a 8.4V or 9.6V NiCd or NiMh battery with the internal components that came in the gun.

The internals consists of an 8mm enhanced precision Gear-Box. Equipped with professional steel bushing, high strength steel gears, a durable Polymer Carbon made from the same material as used on the Glock pistol frame, and high quality ball bearing spring guide. It has been strictly tested by a 12 volt Car Battery and is suitable for use with Lithium-Polymer batteries.

That was directly from RedWolf's SR15E3 description.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll just take my chances and continue running on a 11.1v lipo. It's not so much the ROF than the sheer reactivity of trigger pull (only recently switched to AEG, was playing with an M4 GBB for over a year before, so I was used to instant mechanical trigger response).

Here be pics.

dcfc0010s.jpg

dcfc0008c.jpg

Titleist, your dual SR builds posted on M4Carbine.net are a great inspiration for me. I'm hoping my SR16 will look pretty close to yours. I'm giving credit to you all around me and everyone who've seen your pics are astounded by them (the guns AND the photo skills).

I'm just hesitating on the optic:

-I have an G&P ML2 replica I like a lot (adjusts very well) but I can't take of the lens cover and added to the sight in itself, the whole package is quite bulky. Once on my SR16 with a Wilcox type mount, it just seems... out of place. Like a big block of black plastic that extrudes from the sleek and elegant lines of the SR.

-I've been dissapointed with every single T-1 replica (either not fully adjustable, or very poor dot brightness and often bad build construction). I like the fact that it's small and discreet, but the aperture is only 20mm (I dunno, just plain not comfortable for me).

Any ideas on something rugged, replica available, fully adjustable and that complements elegantly a 16" SR?

Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll just take my chances and continue running on a 11.1v lipo. It's not so much the ROF than the sheer reactivity of trigger pull (only recently switched to AEG, was playing with an M4 GBB for over a year before, so I was used to instant mechanical trigger response).

Here be pics.

Titleist, your dual SR builds posted on M4Carbine.net are a great inspiration for me. I'm hoping my SR16 will look pretty close to yours. I'm giving credit to you all around me and everyone who've seen your pics are astounded by them (the guns AND the photo skills).

I'm just hesitating on the optic:

-I have an G&P ML2 replica I like a lot (adjusts very well) but I can't take of the lens cover and added to the sight in itself, the whole package is quite bulky. Once on my SR16 with a Wilcox type mount, it just seems... out of place. Like a big block of black plastic that extrudes from the sleek and elegant lines of the SR.

-I've been dissapointed with every single T-1 replica (either not fully adjustable, or very poor dot brightness and often bad build construction). I like the fact that it's small and discreet, but the aperture is only 20mm (I dunno, just plain not comfortable for me).

Any ideas on something rugged, replica available, fully adjustable and that complements elegantly a 16" SR?

Well, you could splurge on a real T-1? Because The only other sight I think compliments an SR like yours is an Aimpoinr CompM2 on a cantilever system. And you already have an ML2, so... :unsure:

And after seeing your incredibly Magpul-fied builds on GGi, I'm disappointed! I expected at least a MIAD!

And after seeing your incredibly Magpul-fied builds on GGi, I'm disappointed! I expected at least a MIAD!

Lulz. Don't worry, I got a MIAD and a AFG incoming. I couldn't drop the one I used for my GBB build as it's a RP (real polymer?) MIAD and won't fit an AEG. I also have an enhanced 0.7" buttpad coming soon.

Concerning a RS T-1, it's a no go. I've been selling to much organs and blood to the chinese to spend some more on a RS optic. I'll have to wait finishing university and getting a job.

I'll have to try a cantilever mount. And maybe trading in my ML2 for another one that has removable lens covers.

ASGI, free shipping and 10 percent off :)

Just did this last night ordering the SR15E3 Combat Master. Can't wait for it to come in! :D

On that note, does anyone know how long ASGI's "free shipping" usually takes for AEGs?

Sorry for the off-topic. :blush:

Edited by laleme

IIRC VFC actually recommends the use of a 12v nimh or 11.1v lipo in the manual, I'll double check, however., TBH, VFC gears SUCK. They might not be bad metal, but auto shimming is the gheyest of the ghey, and they constantly lock up with a higher power spring (the little auto-shimming springs aren't strong enough and the gears move further apart), this is from working on numerous VFC 416s(4ish IIRC) and a few scars (2). If Auto-shimming gears really did work well, I'd be out of a job, but they don't :P

They do, however, work quite well on stock level springs, but it goes downhill form there.

I just snapped some craptastic pictures of the current state of my SR-15 (My dad sold the lenses for my DSLR :( ), they'll be up in a few, so I shan't be breaking the rules.

Edited by Vercingetorix
The only gearbox upgrade is a higher fps spring to have it shooting around 410 fps on 0.2g BBs.

Hmm, maybe VFC have improved something in their SR-15/16 line? Because they definitely failed hard in the 416s and the few scars I had a chance to mess with.

I've put like 10 rds through my SR15, so I cannot comment on that.

Firstly - Nice gun :)

Secondly - Try the G&P T1. I've done a quick review of mine on here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=179613

I found it to be fantastic. No trademarks is the only downside, really.

Hmm, maybe VFC have improved something in their SR-15/16 line? Because they definitely failed hard in the 416s and the few scars I had a chance to mess with.

I've put like 10 rds through my SR15, so I cannot comment on that.

IDK, the gears on my stock VFC seem great.... BUT I did open it up the other day.

Metal 8mm bushings, Metal spring guide with bearing, polycarbonate piston, polycarbonate tappet, Metal Piston head, no complaints...... Might swap gears and spring for a higher FPS set up.

My tech that looked at the internals felt the internals were far better than the 416s he's seen. For what that's worth.

but auto shimming is the gheyest of the ghey

I checked when I opened my SR gearbox: no autoshimming. Weird aye? My previous HK416 VFC had autoshims.

Anyways, thanks for your input people.

To USCMCorps: I read a couple pages before you use 0.27g biovals. For a stock 16" SR15 (arg, should I say SR16 or 15? I mean really, it's a SR15 E3 IWS with an SR16's full auto capability...) , what do you recommend me? 0.25g?

For a stock VFC 16" SR15 I would use 0.25g BBs.

The SR15 SBR upper w/ 12" barrel is not available as a separate upper at this time.

Guys, we really should move this discussion to that other dedicated VFC SR15 thread in the General Discussion forum. We're supposed to be discussing pics in this thread.

Since the Triple Tap comes up a lot I figured I'd share a photo I took from SHOT 2010 I found on my drive (now that I have a computer and can sort through them). Here's your peek at the Super Tap:

I'm sure you can guess which is the super and which is the triple.

Super.jpg

I'm sure you'll see airsoft copies soon enough. Though from what I hear even this design has since changed.

Hows that LaRue EOtech riser rail Vercingetorix? I've been meaning to get one but I can't justify spending $30 on one from EBB.

I like the one I have, it was good for when I had standard M4 FSB, etc. I have no experience with the china-clones so I cannot comment on the quality, etc.

I am actually selling the EO 552 and LT mount, if anyone is interested/shameless plug.