Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

My King Arms SR-15 E3:

CIMG3169.jpg

It was raining outside so i had to take this inside, the colors may look a bit weird because i messed around with the contrast and brightness on my laptop.

Any comments are more than welcome, either on the gun itself or on my photography skills. :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Alston251. Classic Costa configuration never gets old ;). ... Oh, needing a 0.7" Enhanced butt pad :P

Billy Bob the Sniper: wow, your PDW seriously looks real. Love the texture of the receiver. And the mock carbon build up in the recesses, nooks and crannies and on the TTB look really awesome. I wish you could teach me how you did that.

Here's my battle-rifle/entry-carbine. A little bit of 7.62 awesomeness. "Insurgent to virgins teleportation device".

p1060533n.jpg

p1060530k.jpg

p1060528j.jpg

@ Billy bob the sniper

Is your tripe tap brake and NT4 real?

Love the finishing on both of your guns by the way.

@ Arion, heh thanks. I don't think i will bother with the Enhanced butt pad or EBP lol. I don't exactly need recoil dampening.

Also i still need a Scout light, a PEQ-15 or whatever they're using right now to replicate Costa exactly. :D

Very nice SR-25 dude, i guess it's Ares from the box. How does it perform?

I might get one when they make PMAGs for it. :P

Edited by alston251

@ Arion, heh thanks. I don't think i will bother with the Enhanced butt pad or EBP lol. I don't exactly need recoil dampening.

Also i still need a Scout light, a PEQ-15 or whatever they're using right now to replicate Costa exactly. :D

Very nice SR-25 dude, i guess it's Ares from the box. How does it perform?

I might get one when they make PMAGs for it. :P

ARES. Just got it today. Didn't field it yet. I'll update you guys once I've done so. I'm not hoping too much for Pmags. ARES has specific mags and they barely produce any for their SR line.

That Sr25 is HOT!

A Magpul ACS and Magpul MIAD in BLK would really finish it off :D

-Shin

ps: and a T-1 Micro

EDIT:

Question: Please do a mini (or even full review) of the rifle. haha specifically how well does it shoot. I am somewhat doubtful of STAR/ Ares products

Also, I saw over on Canada Airsoft Forum that these have the following:

1. Quick Swap Spring feature

2. Built in Mosfet

Can you confirm these?

Edited by luvs2shoot

Are any of the SR-25's on the market any good? I asked about the Ares at my local store, and my tech there said he wasn't a fan. :(

Corps,

I want to know too!

The only review I could find was from this Canada Airsoft Forum:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=95370

According to the poster, the ARES SR25 comes with:

-Standard Ver. 2 Gearbox (not like the CA/ A&K)

-Built in Mosfet

-Quick Swap spring feature

I really hope someone can do a more in depth review on one of these

-Shin

I am not sure if VFC sells it separately.

However you could always check out the G&P or King Arms version. I believe they retail for around $25 and are very solid. Redwolf and WGCshop both carries them.

-Shin

shin, uscm,

Thanks for the info. I do realize there are other versions of the TTB, but none of them are as current as the one VFC makes. Also, the VFC version is "chipped" to (hopefully) accept their NTSS copy, and it'd be cool if I could fit that on there.

Edited by slu

Are any of the SR-25's on the market any good? I asked about the Ares at my local store, and my tech there said he wasn't a fan. :(

i dont have any experience w/ the sr25 series; but if you want a variation of it; Ares and G&P both make the xm110's; or since having seen a lot of your builds, you can just get a plain G&P m4, and buy the G&P xm110 front kit for it and use the standard v2 gearbox so you dont need to worry about the elongated parts; and customize the hell outa it. Just another option throwing out there for you uscm. Hope helps

i dont have any experience w/ the sr25 series; but if you want a variation of it; Ares and G&P both make the xm110's; or since having seen a lot of your builds, you can just get a plain G&P m4, and buy the G&P xm110 front kit for it and use the standard v2 gearbox so you dont need to worry about the elongated parts; and customize the hell outa it. Just another option throwing out there for you uscm. Hope helps

But he want's an SR25. An M4 with a URX would lead to Sr15, which he has multiple of.

I say ARES just for externals. Upgrade internally.

Edit.

To Arion- Beautiful setup. http://http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39537 That should be enough inspiration as to what you want to make it look like. tongue.gif

Alston- Beautiful setup, but I've never seen Costa use an AFG, if his was the look you were going for.

Edited by BrooklynBorn

According to the poster, the ARES SR25 comes with:

-Standard Ver. 2 Gearbox (not like the CA/ A&K)

-Built in Mosfet

-Quick Swap spring feature

I really hope someone can do a more in depth review on one of these

It sounds promising, but I've just been hearing some not so great reviews of it which makes me nervous.

Thanks for the info. I do realize there are other versions of the TTB, but none of them are as current as the one VFC makes. Also, the VFC version is "chipped" to (hopefully) accept their NTSS copy, and it'd be cool if I could fit that on there.

The VFC PDW is one of the most accurate TTB out there currently. That said, it isn't perfect. The "chip/detent" for the suppressor is facing the wrong direction. I've been pushing for DYTac to make one that is super accurate, but the vents are too expensive to cut so they're holding off for now.

I do like the XM110's Rifle length URX. A while back I was going to get a real one for my real AR15 and have a 14.5" or 16" barrel installed on a BCM upper. I ended up going with a Mid length URX and a 14.5" barrel (with KAC TTB). I've been contemplating different ways of doing the new SR-25 Carbine as an AEG.

I was thinking, Option A:

* G&P SR-25K URX (CNC Process)

* G&P XM110 Front Set (for just the rifle length URX)

* AEG Lipo Buffer Tube + Magpul ACS Stock

Or, Option B:

* G&P XM110

* G&P SR-25K URX Front Set (for just the barrel and super brake)

* AEG Lipo Buffer Tube + Magpul ACS Stock

Option A would certainly be simpler. I'm just not a fan of the white trademarks.

And BrooklynBorn, I've seen Costa use an AFG. In person.

i'd go option B hands down uscm . From what i remember you already have amazing optics for cqb/mid aeg's (aimpoints); so w/ the xm110 full aeg you are getting a pretty nice quality scope (retails for about 70-80) with the gun so it reduces the need to get a scope (if u dont already have) to put on the sr25k/xm110 frontset . Just my .02; but wish had yr bank so could do this too as this was something i was looking to do also

And BrooklynBorn, I've seen Costa use an AFG. In person.

ohmy.gif

Well don't I look stoopid now.

And if it counts, I'd go option A. I don't really know why. Just seems easier.

Was Titleists build too nice to resist? tongue.gif

Edited by BrooklynBorn

ARES KAC XM110 While the trades our puesdo correct this is on overall impressive gun, and it looks like I will have to write a review. This is a quality aeg machined from aluminum. And I really like the design of the gearbox it is well built and engineered to accomidate the 308 style magazine but still uses mostly standard version 2 gearbox parts, with a stainless steel cylinder a sold metal hop- up, the abillity to change the spring easily. all of us now how fustrating it can be to get all the little bits back into a version 2 gearbox with the easy of the spring removal it makes the operation a breeze. I plan on doing some upgrades to turn this into a long range shooter and I feel the parts that come with the gun will make a good base.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

hah, don't bring my real SR-25 in to this, you rascal!

As for the ARES...wow, the trades are way off. The SASS isn't marked SR-25 at all, it's marked M110 (not XM110). Also all government contract rifles are made under the Knights Armament Co. lettering. Civilians get the Knights Manufacturing Co., it's also TITUSVILLE, FL not Vero Beach.

Odd no one bothered to check that against photos.

Actually, I'm trying to hold off from any major purposes. I've had a lot of expenses recently, and I'm probably over extended a bit. The only gun stuff I've been getting is because my wholesale supplier still owes me a fair amount of money from way WAY back, so I've been slowly recouping the debt through him by having him get me airsoft product (at wholesale prices). That's the only way I've been able to afford a lot of the airsoft stuff I've been buying for the last couple years.

ARES KAC XM110 While the trades our puesdo correct this is on overall impressive gun, and it looks like I will have to write a review. This is a quality aeg machined from aluminum. And I really like the design of the gearbox it is well built and engineered to accomidate the 308 style magazine but still uses mostly standard version 2 gearbox parts, with a stainless steel cylinder a sold metal hop- up, the abillity to change the spring easily. all of us now how fustrating it can be to get all the little bits back into a version 2 gearbox with the easy of the spring removal it makes the operation a breeze. I plan on doing some upgrades to turn this into a long range shooter and I feel the parts that come with the gun will make a good base.

I'm really curious to hear more about how it actually performs. My tech had negative things to say about the full stock version, but it could just be that he found it to be a PITA because it was setup a little unusual compared to others on the market.

Looking at Ares' SR-25 XM110 Carbine, it's probably more in line with what I'm looking for with less external work needed to get to the finished product. Does your have a CW or CCW thread for the Flashhider? I can get a KAC style SuperBrake for it from CA. And is the HopUp a regular M4 style HopUp or a specialized one? Were you able to find more MidCaps? Thanks!

Actually, I'm trying to hold off from any major purposes. I've had a lot of expenses recently, and I'm probably over extended a bit. The only gun stuff I've been getting is because my wholesale supplier still owes me a fair amount of money from way WAY back, so I've been slowly recouping the debt through him by having him get me airsoft product (at wholesale prices). That's the only way I've been able to afford a lot of the airsoft stuff I've been buying for the last couple years.

I'm really curious to hear more about how it actually performs. My tech had negative things to say about the full stock version, but it could just be that he found it to be a PITA because it was setup a little unusual compared to others on the market.

Looking at Ares' SR-25 XM110 Carbine, it's probably more in line with what I'm looking for with less external work needed to get to the finished product. Does your have a CW or CCW thread for the Flashhider? I can get a KAC style SuperBrake for it from CA. And is the HopUp a regular M4 style HopUp or a specialized one? Were you able to find more MidCaps? Thanks!

to answer a few of your question, CW threads, while it is a regular style m4 hop-up the hop up actually mounts into the gearbox and you do have to take apart the gearbox to remove it weather or not a standard m4 hop will work is unknown at the time. Some parts I am not to happy with is the piston and the piston head and those will be replaced they look and feel cheap and in a high fps setup will be destroyed, I will be changing the gears, adding a custom v2fix to the box, a metal piston head, the gun does not have a mosfet like ab style but the selector and switch is not a typical version 2 style I just don't have enough experience with electrical systems to give the fact straight maybe someone else can chime in on this. Hope that helps

Skint

hah, don't bring my real SR-25 in to this, you rascal!

As for the ARES...wow, the trades are way off. The SASS isn't marked SR-25 at all, it's marked M110 (not XM110). Also all government contract rifles are made under the Knights Armament Co. lettering. Civilians get the Knights Manufacturing Co., it's also TITUSVILLE, FL not Vero Beach.

Odd no one bothered to check that against photos.

Is it so wrong that I compared them to YOUR rifle? biggrin.gif

Trades on ARES and G&P are identical, with the exception of the serial numbers.

Sorry, twas a joke. unsure.gif

to answer a few of your question, CW threads, while it is a regular style m4 hop-up the hop up actually mounts into the gearbox and you do have to take apart the gearbox to remove it weather or not a standard m4 hop will work is unknown at the time. Some parts I am not to happy with is the piston and the piston head and those will be replaced they look and feel cheap and in a high fps setup will be destroyed, I will be changing the gears, adding a custom v2fix to the box, a metal piston head, the gun does not have a mosfet like ab style but the selector and switch is not a typical version 2 style I just don't have enough experience with electrical systems to give the fact straight maybe someone else can chime in on this. Hope that helps

Skint

Interesting. CW. That sucks.

Can you tell if it accepts RS buffer tubes or AEG buffer tubes? I'm trying to figure out if I need a RS ASAP or a PTS one. From what I understand the buffer tube on the Ares appears to RS spec?:

XM110 lower receiver capable of fitting either real steel or a copy buffer tube & stock

And any word on spare mags?

Luvs2shoot: yeah, that Costa photoshoot was a great inspiration for me from the start. But I have to admit the thing that got me to go the SR25 route was the Leonidas build sold by Noveske and recent Stickman builds of SR25 EMs. ACS stock, ASAP and MIAD are all part of the big picture, yeah :). I do need to get mags for it though. Seems like ARES only manufactured ten of 'em in the whole world <_<...

Yes, I did a review, alas it is in French on another forum. I got an important exam tonight so I'll translate it when I come back and fire it up on Arnies. I'll just say a couple things briefly:

-nice paint-job.

-beautiful engraved markings on the receiver.

-two small (pin-head size) holes in my receiver near the charging handle. Obvious lack of quality control during die-casting process.

-ambi controls all work.

-Crane style stock SUCKS. You can barely fit anything inside and it's a complicated and unneficient design. You have to see it to believe it. No trades on it too. And it feels like a tonka toy.

-buffer tube is screwed on, like RS. I tried fitting my milspec CTR on the stock buffer tube. No-go. Will have to change it then.

-quick swap spring feature.

-on arrival, it's lubed more than Aria Giovanni on a poolside photoshoot. Ridiculous, since it's an AEG but whatever. I wouldn't *badgeress* about it if I hadn't the nagging suspicion that they ALSO overlubed the internals.

-QD sling swivels are hard to push in their sockets.

-Overall finish is satisfactory. Inferior to VFC, but not by far.

I'll be firing it during a game Sunday. Will post feedback then. How it handles during a game will ultimately make it a thumbs up/down.

Yes, the ARES is far from perfect. Very far. But I got it because it had engraved markings compared to laser-etched on G&Ps, real ambi-controls (again, not in G&Ps) and an integrated flip up sight in the URX (not in the G&P). It was also a good deal cheaper (was on sale at AG) and I've heard two good feedbacks concerning it's range (two feedback out of the three I've found all over the intarwebz <_<. Can you believe it? Come on, either no one bought it or everyone is being very secretive about it).

Edited by Arion

-two small (pin-head size) holes in my receiver near the charging handle. Obvious lack of quality control during die-casting process.

I thought the receiver is CNC machined? :huh:

-buffer tube is screwed on, like RS. I tried fitting my milspec CTR on the stock buffer tube. No-go. Will have to change it then.

Can a lipo battery fit in the buffer tube? If you install a RS buffer tube, you'd have to cut the end cap off in order to insert a lipo ... and even then, I'm not sure if there's enough internal space inside a RS tube to accommodate a lipo.

I thought the receiver is CNC machined? :huh:

Can a lipo battery fit in the buffer tube? If you install a RS buffer tube, you'd have to cut the end cap off in order to insert a lipo ... and even then, I'm not sure if there's enough internal space inside a RS tube to accommodate a lipo.

CNC machined? Obvious lie is obvious :P. There's no way the receiver is CNCed, except if they have an awesome technology to CNC small holes with a larger cave inside (like a bubble, I don't know if you follow me here). I'm globally satsified with the finish of my receiver, despite some small details but what the hell, it's not as if it was a wall hanger. I was just expecting more for the kind of money this replica costs.

The lipo won't fit for two reasons: buffer tube has fat walls and the craptastic design of the Crane stock which has a kind of hollow tubular insert that slides in the buffer tube. Your mind can probably not process the weirdness and akwardness of this holy design. I'll have to make pics.

I won't replace it with a RS buffer tube for two reasons: one you stated already (I'd have to machine the end cap off) and two, sourcing RS accessories in Communist France is very difficult. The Government here has the monopoly over weapons, so as to better disarm the citizen against jackasses.

I just plan on either getting an ACS stock and modding it to accept lipo's or buy someones VFC Crane stock (hint! hint!).

As a pro-tip, the real KAC receiver's in all honesty look pretty crappy. Un-even engraving, forge flashing, weird random dimple marks even on the SR-25 and SR-15 upper/lowers.

So just keep in mind the real ones aren't meant to win beauty contests.

Interesting. CW. That sucks.

Can you tell if it accepts RS buffer tubes or AEG buffer tubes? I'm trying to figure out if I need a RS ASAP or a PTS one. From what I understand the buffer tube on the Ares appears to RS spec?:

And any word on spare mags?

RS SPEC for the buffer tube

airsoft gi was carrying the spare mags under the SHOOTER brand name, I think tokyo model company also had some. ehobbyasia has the hicaps ewwww.