Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USCM what are the AK-length lipos you are using?

You should make a thread in the project suggestions section for your SR-25

yeah thats a great idea, i have some questions and i don't really want to keep cluttering up the picture thread.

might as well add a little while im at it.

P1000942.jpg

P1000948.jpg

P1000941.jpg

P1000936.jpg

Edited by brimm2000

P1000654.jpg

My latest baby: VFC KAC PDW. Same one from PR4... I told him I'd buy it off him one day :P

I've got the short barrel, a KAC muzzle brake, EOTech 551, PEQ15 ( working red laser) with a 7.4 1100mah lipo in it.

GORGEOUS little gun.

Great guns guys!

I made some progress. My machinist got the parts back to me in record time.

sr25midbuild01sm.jpg

Still need to repaint the gas block and the end of the barrel with Alumahyde II Matte Black. The bottom cuts underneath the gas block are close (thanks to pics Titleist shared with me), but not quite perfect. But pretty close. Close enough for me (for now).

sr25gasblock01.jpg

sr25gasblock02.jpg

sr25gasblock03.jpg

sr25gasblock04.jpg

USCM what are the AK-length lipos you are using?

You should make a thread in the project suggestions section for your SR-25

I have no problem fitting either one of these two batteries in the buffer tube: Intellect 11.1V 1400mAh 20C LiPo Battery and King Arms 11.1V 1600 mAh 12C LiPo Battery.

I'll start a Project thread once I'm a little closer. :)

USCM, just a few notes of comparing it to the one in front of me now:

-Trademarks on the EMC URX rail are all black, not white. You may want to fill those in. The screws on the URX are also flat (take a look on your SR-15 upper and you'll see what I mean).

-EMC Selector is scalloped like the PDW on the right side.

-The brass deflector is about half as tall as it should be (obviously not something you can control)

-Ambi bolt release (you know about that already).

Edited by Titleist

Damn that's nice USMC. I'm tempted to make something similar from my SR-25 but it would look no where near as good as that.

I think I'll just get an SR15E3 to fill my URX craving. Well if I can find one in the UK. And decide between the VFC and KA.

uscmCorps - That is absolutely awesome! Top work... I'd love a GBB version of that :P

True. Sadly no 7.62 GBBRs are commercially available on the market. I do wonder if that's something the big companies will pursue someday. Probably not for a long time though.

-Trademarks on the EMC URX rail are all black, not white. You may want to fill those in. The screws on the URX are also flat (take a look on your SR-15 upper and you'll see what I mean).

-EMC Selector is scalloped like the PDW on the right side.

-The brass deflector is about half as tall as it should be (obviously not something you can control)

-Ambi bolt release (you know about that already).

-Trademarks : That I can fix. For some reason I thought those trades on my real SR15 upper were white too. On yours are they engraved which is why they still show up even though they're black?

-Scalloped right selector : Good catch. I'll get my machinist to do that by copying one of my real ones. I wonder how much that'll cost me ...

-Brass deflector : Gonna have to live with it.

-Ambi bolt release : Yeah, there's not much I can do with that given I started with the M110 variant. In the end I guess I justified the need for a functional ambi-selector over the inaccurate addition of the ambi bolt release.

Good points though. Thanks!

Damn that's nice USMC. I'm tempted to make something similar from my SR-25 but it would look no where near as good as that.

I think I'll just get an SR15E3 to fill my URX craving. Well if I can find one in the UK. And decide between the VFC and KA.

I do like the SR15E3. Funnily, after handling the SR25 a lot, regular AR's feel tiny! :P

You said you would do it, and then you did just that.

Mad props on a beautiful gun!

Thanks, Shin!

uscm I'm guessing you based that off Titleist's real battle rifle. Looks nice and pretty similar :D

For sure. I wasn't a huge fan of the look of the SR-25 until I started talking to Titleist about the gun's specifics during our Dynamics class (back then he was still deciding between the KAC and LMT). The other issue I debated was that my team and I are trying to stick primarily with the AR platform (AK's for PMC or OPFOR scenarios) so that we share commonality in mags. Using the SR-25, would make me a standalone shooter in that regard, but at least the overall look is in keeping with what we're going for. The EM Carbine is probably the first version of the SR-25 that really caught my attention as something I'd personally consider using. I've been setting up my SR15's in a very similar way to how Titleist runs his for sometime now (with what I want on the gun and what works for me as both an airsofter and RS shooter it's configured for practicality) and that configuration translates very well to the SR-25.

haha, awww...the SR-25 EMC copying is so flattering :P

Get a black PEQ-15 on there and a Scout and you'll really get me blushing.

-Trademarks : That I can fix. For some reason I thought those trades on my real SR15 upper were white too. On yours are they engraved which is why they still show up even though they're black?

Correct they're engraved and then anodized, so they have the same deep look as the engraving on the receiver.

For example you can see a bit of the rail engraving and the lower:

4511735103_b3b15aab88_b.jpg

Edited by Titleist

Funnily, after handling the SR25 a lot, regular AR's feel tiny! :P

Its about time you put down the sparklers and picked up a boomstick

But yeah AR-15s are small guns

take a pic of the sr25 next to the pdw so we can all share a jolly over how inadequate the latter is

Edited by Azulsky

True. Sadly no 7.62 GBBRs are commercially available on the market. I do wonder if that's something the big companies will pursue someday. Probably not for a long time though.

WE is getting pretty damn close with the SCAR-H and M14 coming soon. I think an SR25 is only inevitable by now.

For sure. I wasn't a huge fan of the look of the SR-25 until I started talking to Titleist about the gun's specifics during our Dynamics class (back then he was still deciding between the KAC and LMT).

Wasn't it the Larue OBR?

Great lookin piece BTW. Agreed with Titleist 100% on the Scout.

Correct they're engraved and then anodized, so they have the same deep look as the engraving on the receiver.

Unfortunately, the Ares URX isn't engraved like on the receiver. I may end up just giving the lettering a light dusting of matte black until you can still see the lettering, but only barely.

take a pic of the sr25 next to the pdw so we can all share a jolly over how inadequate the latter is

I'll definitely take a picture of the family when they're all done (SR16 E3, SR15 E3 SBR, SR15 E3 16", PDW, SR47, SR47 with URX, SR-25 EMC, and the M203 Standalone. Hopefully the LMG isn't too far off).

Wasn't it the Larue OBR?

Ah, yes, that was it. I understand function over form ... but I was never a big fan of the looks of the OBR. The KAC is far sexier. A GBB SR-25 would be cool ... I just don't see as popular of a platform as the M14 or the SCAR which is why I don't see it being made any time soon. A GBBR SR-25 would be nice for sure though.

DIdn't someone have a Daytonagun XM110 custom made from a G&P XM110 for them? That would be about as awesome as they come IMHO, though 'Corps that thing is awesomely beautiful as it is (and by extension, so is Titleist's, though you probably didn't need me to tell you).

I though you'd say that and to be honest I agree with you, my T1 micro-dot was what I intended to use but its mount isnt cooperating so I'll need to file it down or something before it'll fit properly so its just a place holder for the time being.

In fairness though the KAC promo shots showed the pdw mounted with an M2 which isn't that much different in terms of looks.

EDIT: scratch that on the t-1 it wasnt anything a spanner couldnt fix.

I'll post a better pic tommorrow.

Edited by -Drake-