Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was done ... until I went and swapped the hopup. So unknown to me ... even though the hopup looks like a standard M4 hopup, the fact that it's captured on the gearbox is really important. ANY hopup other than the Ares hopup will have major issues with compression loss. It was really frustrating because I destroyed the ability to capture the hopup to the gearbox while working on it and that necessitated that another Ares hopup be ordered. Once I got the hopup in ... I was having electrical problems. I haven't had the time to debug the electrical issue, so I just dropped it off with my tech to take a look at. Not sure when he'll get round to it as they've got a pretty major backlog of guns to be worked on right now.

So ... the gun looks great. It just doesn't shoot at present time.

Looks expensive!

Unfortunately :(

BAD on ambi lower= LAWLS.

But, wait, does that say REAL MUR!?!?!

Yeah, for teh lulz, because; why do it for anything else? Oh yeah, because the BAD is helpful and awesome :D

Yep, RS MUR 1S

Wow! Is that skull magazine release a custom job? Very impressive so far.

Skull Magazine release = WIN! It's Al CNCed but I had to file it a bit to fit my receiver, I'll probably end up getting it reanodized because it sports raw aluminum atm. Also wish the threads were a bit deeper, but its no biggie.

why drop so much on something that will probably never be an effective skirmish weapon

I've effectively skirmished GBBR's on multiple occasions and know many people that do... Please do some research before spreading conjecture!

And plus, because it's awesome.

Edited by The Vainguard

People skirmish with GBBRs all the time; they are more than effective. Most of the complaining comes from people who thought they could spend $250-300 and hit the field. See the dozens of threads on this subject.

I have several of both, but I do most of the expensive upgrading to my gas guns since they are a lot more fun to use. Well worth the time and money.

http://www.valkyrietactical.com/product_info.php?products_id=1511

Edited by kojak

BAD on ambi lower= LAWLS.

If you shoot real ARs you'll realize that the BAD is far more useful than the ambi-bolt release currently on the KAC SR15 lower. So one might ask, why even bother getting an ambi lower receiver? Because there are more ambi features to the KAC SR15 lower, than just the bolt release. I know lefties that love the ambi mag release and QD sling mounts.

Get the button re anodized??? Where would one go about getting that done?

Good question, I wouldn't know offhand, but it's not impossible. Im sure any local CNC shop could point me in the right direction

If you shoot real ARs you'll realize that the BAD is far more useful than the ambi-bolt release currently on the KAC SR15 lower. So one might ask, why even bother getting an ambi lower receiver? Because there are more ambi features to the KAC SR15 lower, than just the bolt release. I know lefties that love the ambi mag release and QD sling mounts.

Yep, I love the BAD. But I also love the Knights lower, so the Bolt catches are mainly for looks. It was only $60 bucks more than any other Prime receiver, so I opted for it. Also, I really love the ambi mag catch and the QD Swivels in the receiver look pretty nice. I dont see many KAC Prime lowers, so I got it to be "Unique" I suppose.

Isn't there another reason you would use the BAD on a RS E3. My boss has one and i was talking to him about why would you want to put one on a gun thats already ambi. I don't really remember exactly what he said but i think it was like the right side bolt release only releases the bolt and won't lock it back with rounds in the mag or something like that.

A. I shoot and own a real AR, and know all that you mentioned.

B. There are hardly times in airsoft where you NEED to lock the bolt back un like in RS.

A. Muscle memory. He's got a GBBR that's function is similar to a real AR.

B. On both my real ARs and my GBBRs I use the BAD and rarely if ever manipulate the bolt release with anything other than the BAD.

Isn't there another reason you would use the BAD on a RS E3. My boss has one and i was talking to him about why would you want to put one on a gun thats already ambi. I don't really remember exactly what he said but i think it was like the right side bolt release only releases the bolt and won't lock it back with rounds in the mag or something like that.

Correct. The right side bolt release on the KAC SR15 E3 is designed to be exclusively that: A bolt release. You can't really lock the bolt back with rounds in the mag using that release. The BAD lets you do all that without ever having to move you control hand off the pistol grip.

Edited by uscmCorps

And I only have to move my index finger about an inch to release the bolt and in the same movement I'm able to put my finger back on the trigger; all within a second.

EDIT: Anybody have recommendations for a Grip? I dont want a MIAD. My first choice would be TD but I wouldn't mind exploring other options. I had considered a ZM Weapons grip...

Edited by The Vainguard

Just some teasers... Getting a new rail, New grip, some Noveske/Troy BUIS, EOTech 553 is at home, and getting my barrel custom cut down. Oh yeah, have a ACLM Ambi Charging handle inbound too.

SANY2790.jpg

SANY2791.jpg

SANY2792.jpg

SANY2793.jpg

Then I have to work on my DMR Upper... This isn't a specifically "Knights" themed rifle, its just a collaboration of parts I wanted to use.. Sharing it with you guys cuz it has a Knights receiver :)

Edited by The Vainguard

And I only have to move my index finger about an inch to release the bolt and in the same movement I'm able to put my finger back on the trigger; all within a second.

EDIT: Anybody have recommendations for a Grip? I dont want a MIAD. My first choice would be TD but I wouldn't mind exploring other options. I had considered a ZM Weapons grip...

Because in a combat environment under stress your fine motor skills go out the window and you need to rely on gross motor skills. For an AR you need only slap the side of the receiver with a palm to trip the release. In the case of being left handed you simply need to "knife hand" down the side of the receiver to trip the bad lever. Or if you are holding the Mag well you can trip it with a quick gross movement downwards of your right thumb.