Your ideas for airsoft projects

thegunnut

I'm not entirely sure you understand. Other than the engine, the design is virtually identical to an AEG. The power shouldn't be any higher than a standard AEG. Just out of curiosity, when you say 'petrol powered', do you mean you burned petrol as a propellant, or did you just use some incredibly powerful springs? Either way, you must have done something insane to get that sort of FPS.

Petrol engines are much more powerful then aeg motors, even the tiny ones in strimmers. MUCH higher RPM and much more torque. If you dont use a stiff spring your gun will explode and if you do it will put you over the FPS limit and be dangerous, but as you have already stated, you dont care about peoples safety as long as its fun .....:)

Nice __, i think he deserves one too horn.gif

(shadow @ May 26 2005, 05:35 PM)

1. What your saying is, you want to have a high ROF even if it means being dangerous to the people you fire at?

Yes

So your intentionally trying to hurt people with this thing! :angry: You sicken me and should be an would be banned from any airsoft site should you try to use it even if you did somehow manage to build it. You are the kind of person who is bringing this negative media coverage to our sport.

How many fingers do I have? Ten. Ten triggers can control (wait for it...) ten guns. What, do you think I'm going to be holding them in my hands? The point of this is that I don't need to. And who said anything about reloading? When I said more ammo, I meant more ammo in the magazines. I'm talking about really huge box mags and ammo hoppers here, not low-caps.

Ok, you try fitting 10 minimi’s with box mags close enough so that you can fire them with just your fingers and thumbs, it cannot be done. You really need to think about how stupid what your saying is. Also what is the point in having a 'powered suit' if its still 1 shot 1 kill? You may have 2 minimi's at the most but somebody could easily come up behind you, as you'd be making so much noise anyway and hit you.

The most interesting point though is how on earth are you supposed to acquire an M242 in the UK???? Even if you did get hold of one it would definitely be deactivated, not very useful. If you think you could build all this, that it would be efficient and legal, then you go ahead. I warn you that you would be promptly banned from any airsoft site and due to the nature of what you are trying to create, arrested due to its lethality.

Petrol engines are much more powerful then aeg motors, even the tiny ones in strimmers. MUCH higher RPM and much more torque. If you dont use a stiff spring your gun will explode and if you do it will put you over the FPS limit and be dangerous, but as you have already stated, you dont care about peoples safety as long as its fun .....:)

Actually, I figured I could get around that problem by getting rid of the spring altogether and using the motor to power both the forward and backward motion of the piston. The power can be reduced in any number of ways, such as reducing the amount of air that the piston displaces or by diverting some of the air away from the barrel.

So your intentionally trying to hurt people with this thing!  :angry: You sicken me and should be an would be banned from any airsoft site should you try to use it even if you did somehow manage to build it. You are the kind of person who is bringing this negative media coverage to our sport.

I never said that it was my intention to hurt people, just that if it happens, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. 99% of people just aren't worth caring about.

Ok, you try fitting 10 minimi’s with box mags close enough so that you can fire them with just your fingers and thumbs, it cannot be done. You really need to think about how stupid what your saying is. Also what is the point in having a 'powered suit' if its still 1 shot 1 kill? You may have 2 minimi's at the most but somebody could easily come up behind you, as you'd be making so much noise anyway and hit you.

They don't have to be close together. The guns are going to be mounted elsewhere on the suit, and connected to the triggers by wires. Say, for example, I have a gun on my shoulder, so I run a wire down my arm to one of the triggers. I can't believe I'm having to explain something so obvious.

The most interesting point though is how on earth are you supposed to acquire an M242 in the UK???? Even if you did get hold of one it would definitely be deactivated, not very useful. If you think you could build all this, that it would be efficient and legal, then you go ahead. I warn you that you would be promptly banned from any airsoft site and due to the nature of what you are trying to create, arrested due to its lethality.

Funny, I never realized that building a replica required that I have one of the originals, especially not one that's still active. Do you think I'm going to convert a real gun to fire BBs?

Right, so your actually trying to build a replica gun which can fire a projectile which will be lethal to somebody. Don't you realise just how illegal that is? Don't you realise that any good site owner would kick you off their site and ban you if you tried to use it? I do hope it does work just so the police can take it off you and destroy it in front of your eyes, to see how stupid you are.

Sectionfive isn't the only person who believes you need a damn good kicking. One of the prime debates of why airsoft is better than paintball has been that airsoft hurts less. If you start seriously injuring people then you will get a damn good kicking, I can assure you of that.

You still haven't answered how practical this suit will be. You said your going to have something like 10 standard AEG's on there all firing at once. Coupled with the noise that would make, the noise of you moving and the size of what people can shoot at, snipers could have a field day. 'Oh, here comes that idiot in his 'power suit'. Well he can't get us at this range, lets take him out'. Your money and time would come to nothing. Why do you think at most sites the limit for a support gun is 350fps max and for a sniper rifle it can be up to 500fps, because a sniper only fires one shot at a time, thus doing less damage.

By the way, in reference to an earlier post of yours, yes there is such a thing as too much RPM. Imagine BB's hitting a piece of paper at 1 BB per 5 seconds for 10 seconds. Only 2 bb's hit it, not a lot of damage. Now imagine 1 BB per 0.2 seconds, that’s 50 bb's in 10 seconds, considerably more damage. Now imagine that was a 10 second burst at some body’s face, which is going to do a lot of damage!

It doesn't matter us complaining anyway, you'll never be able to use it

Riiiiiiight, John.

Are you retarded?

Do you have ANY common sense?

Personally, I don't think you do.

But hey, Why should we care?

As if a site owner would let you use something like that once it's been chrono'ed!!

Now, Once (more like if) you build this idiotic weapon, I (and most likely all of the Airsoft community) have just one small favour to ask you.

Can we test it on you? :D

Tom.

Archived