Super Light Carbon Fibre Pistol Silencers Coming Soon

Rob15

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if I recall correctly that would be illegal.
Which is slightly stupid

Stupid or not, it's probably not something that should be discussed on an open forum. Send Rob15 a PM if you must.

Ever wonder exactly what happens when you attach a replica suppressor to a real AR-15?

But did it suppress the one round that it fired?

Count me in for a 16mm threaded silencer. My KP45 Tactical is quite naked up front.

Could you, or anyone else who owns the KWA USP Tactical what direction thread it has? I'd have thought retailers that stock it might perhaps list a useful bit of information such as the thread size and direction but obviously not from all the ones I've looked at, not even KWA bother saying on their website! :o

As there would appear to be some demand for a 16mm thread and a few guns it'll fit I'll be looking to have a pre-production cap done on the first batch and a small amount of 16mm threaded caps on the second batch although I should point out that it might add a tiny bit of weight onto the listed weights.

I am also looking into slim versions of the silencers in the same lengths and with a 23.3mm O/D body and a 187mm length version of the current ones (close to the size of the Mk23 silencers) as well.

I'd be interested in knowing where the center of gravity is.

As for those that arn't up on thier physics or mechanics its a leverage thing. For a simple example of just how important leverage is try pushing open a door at the hing side and on the unhinged side and notice the diffrence in force you have to apply for the same effect.

Also the threads on a TM MK are extened beond the silencer by aproximatly 9mm though I can see no reason that they have to be like this.

Rob, iirc its the same as the Mk23

16mm CW threads all round if that is the case :)

I'd be interested in knowing where the center of gravity is.

I can give you some rough weight figures on this, although the postal scales I have here are not as accurate as the counting scales over at the factory, but anyway....

The 120mm carbon fibre tube with the bonded in endcap and threaded insert is about 20g, the bonded endcap alone iirc weighs about 3g, the threaded insert 2g and the fixing endcap is about 10g. The foam doesn't even register on the counting scales so that is next to nothing. 40mm of carbon fibre tubing of this spec is 5g'ish so on a 127mm version 50% of the weight is within the first 47mm of the length closest to the pivot point.

Q: Are Paintball and/or Airgun Sound Suppressers NFA firearms?

The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

Numerous paintball and airgun silencers tested by ATF’s Firearms Technology Branch have been determined to be, by nature of their design and function, firearm silencers. Because silencers are NFA weapons, an individual wishing to manufacture or transfer such a silencer must receive prior approval from ATF and pay the required tax. See also “What are the required transfer procedures for an individual who is not qualified as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer of NFA firearms?” and “How does an individual obtain authorization to make an NFA firearm?” for application details.

If you have any further questions as to the classification of a paintball or airgun silencer, please send a written request to ATF’s Firearms Technology Branch.

[18 U.S.C. 921(a)(24), 26 U.S.C. 5845(a), 27 CFR 479.11]

My source www.atf.gov/

we know that a few would be illegal, being that there are suppressor available for airsoft guns that are made out of steel. but it doesn't apply for all of them. especially ones made from carbon fiber.

Greg, best bet is to keep an eye on these news forums as anything that does get announced will be done so here first, its unlikely I'll do carbon receivers for the VSR as there isn't really any room for playing around for dimensions and as a result its likely it'd be the most expensive part, but give the least weight saving out of a barrel and receiver. I am looking into the viability of barrel sets though price and manufacturing wise, I reckon a saving well over 30% could be made on the barrel without going into mad prices :)

Excellent, I'll keep my eyes open. Remember, you will have to keep internal & external diameters the same as the stock tube (Marui g-spec 30mm outer barrel) to allow compatibility with stock & after market parts. (Barrel spacers, hop unit etc.)

Good luck with the venture. Despite my personal skepticism, it's always good to see new & innovative products in a market that can sometimes be a bit M16-a-like samee. :D

Greg.

Could you, or anyone else who owns the KWA USP Tactical what direction thread it has? I'd have thought retailers that stock it might perhaps list a useful bit of information such as the thread size and direction but obviously not from all the ones I've looked at, not even KWA bother saying on their website! :o

As there would appear to be some demand for a 16mm thread and a few guns it'll fit I'll be looking to have a pre-production cap done on the first batch and a small amount of 16mm threaded caps on the second batch although I should point out that it might add a tiny bit of weight onto the listed weights.

I am also looking into slim versions of the silencers in the same lengths and with a 23.3mm O/D body and a 187mm length version of the current ones (close to the size of the Mk23 silencers) as well.

Just had a look at my KSC USP-T, and it is indeed the same as the KSC Mk23. 16mm pos. thread.

I've bought a rather neat looking Mk23 flash hinder and it fits both my Mk23 and my USP-T. And although it looks badazz on my USP-T, but a carbon suppressor would top that easily. ^_^

• 3 months later...

Update time!

The 128mm versions are now almost ready for sale after quite a few delays with production, the suppressor bodies and all the caps are now complete and awaiting foam so they can be assembled so I'd estimate about 2 weeks give or take a bit before they are all ready to send out.

Couple of revisions, a 16mm CW version will be available on this first batch but in a very limited quantity, the weights appear to have crept up about 1g/2g (I suspect this is from the scales rounding up more than anything with a completed suppressor) from the final prototypes and the 16mm caps are 1g lighter than the 14mm versions.

Price is confirmed at £60 GBP for the 128mm length, the 88mm version will be done on the second batch and should be a bit cheaper.

I also got some quick photos during production and a video for those into CNC machine-candy ;)

The CNC Lathe

10mm Hex broaching on the inside of the threaded endcap

Mmmm, raw T6 2014 aluminium

• 1 month later...

Update time, after even more annoying delays these will now go on sale within the next couple of days, another revision is that none of the initial batch will have foam in and the retail price will be dropped to £56 for these as a result.

• 4 weeks later...

These are now on sale in the 128mm length with a limited quantity of foam filled versions available for £60, shipping within the UK starts from £2 and £3 for worldwide airmail shipping. www.LeesPrecision.com

• 1 year later...

All Superlight Carbon Fibre Suppressors have 20% off this month

Foam filled versions were £60, now £48

Foam filled 14mm CCW with a 16mm thread adapter was £66, now £54 (Suppressor element of the price has 20% off)

Empty (export) versions were £55, now £44

Postage is flat rate £1.50 for any order size to any destination country.

Available from here.

That and the ones on AM started from 100mm all the way to 300mm so were mainly designed for AEGs

100mm is shorter than the longer version of 127mm.

So how is a suppressor shorter than that one designed for AEGs going to be a problem?

I agree, every LPE product I've had has been top quality. If you can get a carbon fibre suppressor of flawless quality for less, feel free to share.

I can if HS5 does another run because LPE is in UK.

Not that I would want one.

But:

55$ for a 100mm, 60$ for a 200mm, and 68$ for a 300mm

huehuehuehuehue

Or for anyone with a pistol that wont cycle with a cheaper but heavier suppressor.

Pretty sure HS5's idea uses high quality carbon fiber.

Plus a carbon fiber front cap so it will be even lighter, and cheaper.

I think you should look at the address bar. Repeat "I am an idiot" quite a few times, then crawl back into your hole.

What are you trying?

LPE is not in UK?

You do that.

55$ for a 100mm, 60$ for a 200mm, and 68$ for a 300mm

Come back any time(from that hole you just crawled back into).

Archived