GBB M4's Confiscated and Destroyed

Kalmar

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would defend the actions of the ATF to an extent. They are only doing thier job by confiscating the firearms, and that is a good thing for Americans, or anybody else really for that matter. The problem arises with all the rubbish about how they are easy to convert and will now be destroyed.

Indeed, the F stands for firearms, and they are supposed to be experts, and should therefor know that this is completely ridiculous a notion. The correct course of action once these guns were examined would be for them to send them on to thier recipient for the correct sporting use for which they are intended.

Besides which, it is blatantly obvious at a glance that they are not for terrorist use as they are not AKs. :D

Pretty much any airsoft gun can be converted to fire live ammo. :rolleyes:

If you apply the logic that you take a real gun and exchange a part from the airsoft gun to the real gun, thats a conversion of sorts.

Even if its just taking the ris rails or flip up sights, thats a conversion.

To make this GBB fire live ammo reliably, you would have to replace the vast majority of the gun. Course, we know this. We are airsofters.

The REAL story here is that the guns were imported without blaze orange tips or the proper paper work and documentation. THATS why they were taken. The rest is just waffle and drama.

I would defend the actions of the ATF to an extent. They are only doing thier job by confiscating the firearms, and that is a good thing for Americans, or anybody else really for that matter.

Not sure how that is a defense of the ATF. They haven't confiscated any firearms, I think in the view of most Americans, such as myself, we would be better served if our tax dollars were to be deployed in other ways. I consider this as an opportunity cost issue, where ATF could have been spending their time on much more productive endeavors. I mean we're the US, everyone is trying to kick us in the grapes, there's got to be something bigger going on than a shipment of toy guns.

As a real steel owner/collector, I have come to absolutely despise the ATF. They do absolutely nothing to protect firearm freedoms in this country and serve only as a tool by which to tighten firearms laws while avoiding the political hassle of passing legislation. They do nothing as far as crimefighting goes that regular law enforcement couldnt do. What is more sickening is that the man in charge of the ATF is the Attorney General, and needless to say, ours hates firearms. The ATF is a ridiculous waste of tax dollars and a real threat to our freedoms.

This incident does not surprise me in the least. Just last week, the ATF determined that a hollow barrel shroud used on GSG-5 .22lr rifles was a suppressor despite the fact the barrel ran through it and its obvious lack of baffles. Really at some point this has got to stop. These are so obviously airsoft guns to anyone who knows anything about firearms and yes it is their job to be experts, even if they so clearly fail. I encourage all of you to notify your representatives of this and complain about the heavy handed nature of the ATF.

Wow. So I guess airsoft guns are the most important thing in the world. Didnt someone say the photo was just a stock photo of WE's and the guns confiscated weren't WE guns?

Who cares if they really are WE ? Just one more opportunity for some users to bash both GBBR's and WE.

Doesn't matter is they are GBBR's or not, for these agencies is "if it looks like one IT IS one" and unfortunately this isn't restricted to neither airsoft or the US.

No. They are idiots.

No, I think yo are.

You can't go around inforcing make believe laws on a whim simply because you feel something might be illegal - Oh wait! - That's what the ATF is for!

You spelled Enforcing incorrectly. Having firearms replica's that look VERY similar inside and out, and could in there eyes possibly be used as a weapon to cause mass harm on the population is hardly a "whim".

Fact is these people are supposed to be experts in the field.

Sorry they are not airsoft nerds like us.

THATS THEIR JOB.

To keep people safe, which is what they do, EVERYDAY.

Just because they think something might be illegal doesn't mean it is and just because they think something might be a machingun does not make it so.

The simple fact is, it looked like it could cause harm to people.

They need to provide solid evidence if that's the case and simply looking at something does not constitute a life fire test.

You mean live..... not "life". Maybe we should apply this concept on everything... Even the war on terror.

Like others have said, it would be interesting to see them try... it's not happening.

I do not want my tax dollars going to the ATF testing toy guns.

Everyone needs to cut them some slack, all they were tying to do was protect people. Like I said above, not everyone in the world is an airsoft geek and blaming them for not knowing the difference is just ignorant.

That doesnt make what they did right. They themselves are ignorant in the fact they mistook fake firearms for real ones, and didnt bother checking so what it seems like they could pat themselves on the back. Not only that but someone lost over 10000 dollars in an investment, im sure if that was your money/ airsoft guns youd be ######, and not only that but on the same "ignorant" side as most of us.

It would not take much time for them to check, they could get a two man team to compare real firearm parts with the airsoft ones and thats it. If youre taxes arent wasted here, then they will be somewhere else.

I remember a time when ATF cut down EVERY AK realsteel barrels... and someone still built a AK using a cut-down short barrel with MASSIVE muzzle flash...

ATF is overreacting to these things.

Maybe these guns can be legalized with a few holes on the barrel...etc.?

Everyone needs to cut them some slack, all they were tying to do was protect people. Like I said above, not everyone in the world is an airsoft geek and blaming them for not knowing the difference is just ignorant.

Ahhh HELL NO. Now you gone and done it. I'm *fruitcage* ######. And it's because of *albatross* *fruitcage* hole traiters like you that would just assume throw all freedom out the window so you can "feel" safe. *fruitcage* THAT. It's obvious you are not a firearm owner, or know anything about it.. if so you would share the same disdain and utter contempt for the corrupt piece of *suitcase* organization called the BATF. "They're just doing their job" huh? Well tell me, what is their *fruitcage* job? It sure as *suitcase* aint making up their own policies and enforcing them as law.. but that's what they do everyday. And this is just another example. I can not believe the *fruitcage* ###### coming out of your mouth about something "looking dangerous". You must be a member of the *fruitcage* Brady Bunch. They want to take away our "assault rifles" because they're black and scary looking. "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!" You make me wanna *fruitcage* puke. And somehow my typo's are supposed to invalidate my argument.. How about cops start arresting people now that "look" dangerous. Nevermind the fact they haven't committed any crime and the police can't prove their a danger to society either but they look like they might so lets throw em in jail anyway. ARE YOU *fruitcage* INSANE? We have freedom in this country, well, at least we did once. It's rotting away every day because of things like this and yet there will always be people like you standing by the way side doing nothing about it but cheering on until one day you will have nothing left. *fruitcage* hell you will regret it then.

/rant

Ahhh HELL NO. Now you gone and done it. I'm *fruitcage* ######. And it's because of *albatross* *fruitcage* hole traiters like you that would just assume throw all freedom out the window so you can "feel" safe. *fruitcage* THAT. It's obvious you are not a firearm owner, or know anything about it.. if so you would share the same disdain and utter contempt for the corrupt piece of *suitcase* organization called the BATF. "They're just doing their job" huh? Well tell me, what is their *fruitcage* job? It sure as *suitcase* aint making up their own policies and enforcing them as law.. but that's what they do everyday. And this is just another example. I can not believe the *fruitcage* ###### coming out of your mouth about something "looking dangerous". You must be a member of the *fruitcage* Brady Bunch. They want to take away our "assault rifles" because they're black and scary looking. "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!" You make me wanna *fruitcage* puke. And somehow my typo's are supposed to invalidate my argument.. How about cops start arresting people now that "look" dangerous. Nevermind the fact they haven't committed any crime and the police can't prove their a danger to society either but they look like they might so lets throw em in jail anyway. ARE YOU *fruitcage* INSANE? We have freedom in this country, well, at least we did once. It's rotting away every day because of things like this and yet there will always be people like you standing by the way side doing nothing about it but cheering on until one day you will have nothing left. *fruitcage* hell you will regret it then.

/rant

I happens in New York all the time. I think its called racial profiling LOL

Heres how you can sum up the ATF.

If they can somehow snap a round off with a rubberband. THEY WILL OUTLAW IT

I 150% agree with Kalmar and his rant

Knee-Jerk reactions need not apply, and that is on both sides of the argument. The fact is that someone could "reasonably" either modifiey the WE GBBR M4 into a weapon system, or use parts of the WE GBBR M4 to convert a legal firearm into an illegal firearm. The only complaint that could be lodged is against the ATFs reasoning, and remember our entire legal system is based around the concept of reason as scare as it is today.

The fact is that someone could "reasonably" either modifiey the WE GBBR M4 into a weapon system, or use parts of the WE GBBR M4 to convert a legal firearm into an illegal firearm.

That's where it turns entirely subjective where it doesn't need to be nor should it be. The crime itself is what should be illegal not the potential to do crime. But of course that logic doesn't apply when it comes to the ATF and that's how we end up with shoe-string machineguns. :angry:

Archived