Nigel Farage harangues EU President Herman van Rompuy

Smitty619

It is true, what he says. Van Rompuy is a mob, he as no charisma, that's for sure.

But given the way he speaks about others, I doubt that mister what's his name, is any more intelligent than the EU President.

He is the kind of guy (the Brit) who can stirr up the masses, (roman empire anyone?) but actually doesn't come forward with anything solid himself.

I know, because we have plenty of those people in Belgium. It was more a comedy show, than anything else.

###### the UK didn't get the president seat? :P

He has balls, true, but what does he do for Europe? What do the others do?

Am I the only one who finds it strange that someone who hates the EU, actually is a member of the EU parliament?

funny facts.

nobody else in the EU knows Farage either. :blink: (well they do now, but I rather know about people through their actions instead of their whiny rude language)

He was proud to have wasted 6 million pounds of tax money while being in the EU for 10 years. :blink:

He hates the EU, but calls van Rompuy a silent killer, who will take the EU down. If it were so, they should be best friends. :D

Belgium is not a real country, guess who created Belgium and supplied the King. :rolleyes:

he looks like a banker as well. one with a "I don't care" look.

In the end, if you don't like it, leave. No one is forcing you to stay in the EU.

All together his show was nothing more than a farce. remember that we pay these people.

But I don't want to pay for something like that.

How about actually doing something for EU citizens, you lazy lot of EU parliament members. :waggle:

the only reason van Rompuy was chosen, was actually quite simple.

the UK didn't want France or Germany as president.

France didn't want the UK or Germany as president.

Germany didn't want France or the UK as president.

France, germany and a bunch of other countries agreed on Belgium. the UK didn't like that because, again not their president.

There was also an option for Holland, you know that cute little country that has politicians who make it an honor to ban airsoft in all of Europe.

in the end, the seat of President of EU doesn't mean all that much. they all go round their individual ways.

Farage leads UKIP, a fringe UK party who argue strongly against Europe Union and even more so against a monetary currency. Generally they get seats due to those in the UK (a significant minority) who are insecure about what they see as the homogenization of nationality and culture by Brussels but who are not so fascist in views as to vote for the BNP, who often campaign on a similar tact, and who also now worringly have two EU seats.

Both UKIP and the BNP basically attend Brussels only to protest the existence of the EU, which is why you'd be forgiven for not knowing about either party. Farage's outburst, while a little amusing is basically just the childish rant of a fringe politician trying to garner some votes from British voters in the imminent election.

But does the EU even NEED a president? The one thing Farage is right in - Barroso is well-known enough already to represent the EU. Why pull some Belgian capuchin monkey outta the hat?

You would be surprised how many positions in the EU are not needed, even in your country there are administratives wasting your tax money.

Besides, before Barroso started his EU career, did you ever hear of him?

I quite like the EU, but at the same time I also quite like the fact that we have that very British thing, someone who goes to Europe soley to antagonise Europeans. It's funny and they don't really do any harm so two thumbs up in my book.

Farage's outburst, while a little amusing is basically just the childish rant of a fringe politician trying to garner some votes from British voters in the imminent election.

While trying to get himself expelled from the EU parliament so he can come home and campaign on the "Martyr for UK's freedom" ticket...

bellend

You would be surprised how many positions in the EU are not needed, even in your country there are administratives wasting your tax money.

Besides, before Barroso started his EU career, did you ever hear of him?

In my country, administratives are MOSTLY wasting my tax money on ######. And as for Barroso - how long is he around?

In my country, administratives are MOSTLY wasting my tax money on ######. And as for Barroso - how long is he around?

that's my point exactly, so I am asking you again, did you know about Barroso before he entered the EU ring?

he's been around for quite some time, as an active person within the EU.

Farage is been around quite some time too, doing virtually nothing.

Archived