Really cool stuff.

scorch

After reading and contributing to the rant thread, I thought to myself "Why so negative?" and decided there should be a thread for great stuff.

Stuff that I really dig at the minute.

Painkillers, for getting rid of the pain in my jaw so I can sleep. I got a hella bad toothache and anything making it go away is amazing in my book.

Mobile phones, I don't need a pocket load of change for the phone box like the old days. Top notch.

Sky plus, oh how do I love thee? Lots. Love it long time, in fact. Babylon 5, recorded to watch when I am good and ready, and not being stuck in the house watching it when its on. Thumbs up.

iPod, music on the move, decent battery life, no carting tapes or CDs about with me.

So what are you guys loving at the minute?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed about pain killers & the mobile. Most of my snowboard trips are sponsored by Neurofen & the modern mobile has changed our way of life.

Samsung b2100.

Sure it's low tech by iffyphone standards but it's genuinely shock & water proof.

I love the look on folks faces, when I chuck it out of windows or off ladders & drop it in a pint!

I have said good bye to 3 phones in the last few years because of water damage. I know that I could be more careful but I just ain't. So this thing was just made for me.

It's a little light on features but hopefully, if it sells, they will make flasher phones water proof too.

It does have a built in torch & it's scary how often that gets used. The battery is the real seller, I got 11x24 hour days, using it as much as I could before it finally came up 'low battery'. I was stunned as I normally have to charge every night!

It even has an mp3 & vhf radio. Happy days. :D

Marin Mount Vision Pro mtb.

I bought this bike over 10 years ago, when they first came out. Amazingly, it's still going strong. I've had to rebuild the wheels & replaced the head with a kriss king. The shocks finally gave up last year, break pads & tyres last about a year.

Other than that, it's as I got it. That bike has done over 100,000 miles, including trips to Snowdon, Avoriez & mt Blanc. I've commuted on it, ridden in the sea & deliberately jumped it into various bodies of water. Sure, I look after it but never thought it would still be going all these years down the line.

Truly indestructible & a reliable companion through some really hairy adventures.

Air travel.

You can go to Geneva for £15. :mellow:

Need I say more?

The 'slimline' or 'flat' screen.

Once upon a time we had crt, which was great, but big, heavy & power hungry. Now, we have lcd, led. plasma & god knows what. The aplications for this are phenominal. We can now view still or moving pictures, vertually anywhere, allowing entertainment, data, communication etc. on an otherwise unobtainable level.

We truly live in marvelous times, taking amazing stuff for granted. Make the most of it.

Greg.

Sky plus, oh how do I love thee? Lots. Love it long time, in fact. Babylon 5, recorded to watch when I am good and ready, and not being stuck in the house watching it when its on. Thumbs up.

BBC Iplayer - for the same resons only worse, as i barley ever watch TV i wont set up the thing to record it, I player has it on for a few days later so i have a larger "wondow" of oppertunity to watch it.

Windows 7, the most stable windows OS to date.... not that it says much really.

I also just passed my CBT so i am quite chuffed at that ^.^ (Cumpulsary Basic Training, allows me to ride small motorbikes)

I also just passed my CBT so i am quite chuffed at that ^.^ (Cumpulsary Basic Training, allows me to ride small motorbikes)

Unlucky. I won my right to ride HUGE bikes, back when all you had to do, was a figure 8 in a playground & start, stop & fig 8 round some streets. Cost £15 (one million, million, million, million, of your modern pounds), took all of 1/2 hour & then you could ride a real bike. Not that they were THAT good back then but they were fast enough. :D & that 'right' lasts until I'm even older, so, since the age of 17, I've been allowed to ride whatever I like. Amazing. :D

In no particular order:-

My Tassimo machine.

I forgot about that!

Nesprsso.

Insert capsule, press button. Instantly receive the sort of coffee, you used to have to leave the country for. Amazing. :huh:

Greg.

I dont trust myself with more than a 125, so i am not so worried that i am limited to that.

That's a good sign.

Unlike most cocky mugs, who get the biggest bike they can & crash it on the way home from the dealer, you'll go far.

Welcome to Arnies motorcycling, ;)

Greg.

I dont trust myself with more than a 125, so i am not so worried that i am limited to that.

You should be worried that you're not worried. :unsure::P

In my day it was all mental 2-strokes and, looking back, I think we all made right tw*ts out of ourselves on them.

I recall, specifically, one set of lights half way up a steep hill near my house and I had to rev the nuts off it to avoid stalling at the lights.

Maybe modern 4-stroke 125s have more grunt and better clutches?

That WOULD be a really cool thing.

Hmm agreeing with things as above such as Mobile phones etc...

My fav really cool thing?

The button that puts the roof down on my car :P

Much better than having to faff around doing it myself :D

I can probably think of others but that was the first thing that popped into my head lol

When you walk toward somebody and you sort of step out of the way to let them through, but they do the same thing so you step into each other, then both of you step the other direction and do the same thing, and you both find it funny, is great. Normally people just get frustrated and its awkward or whatever.

When you walk toward somebody and you sort of step out of the way to let them through, but they do the same thing so you step into each other, then both of you step the other direction and do the same thing, and you both find it funny, is great. Normally people just get frustrated and its awkward or whatever.

It's just not the same without the egg/smiley avatar thing.

Greg.

Bacon. I'd be the size of a supermodel if it didn't exist. Honestly, it truly is a versatile and joyous substance. Bacon sarnies, Bacon on pizza, Bacon in a fry up, it's all good.

Bacon, i truly love you. You've always been there for me, wether cooking a fine meal for a woman, or a drunken sandwich at 2am. You've never let me down, you're reasonably priced, and you taste amazing in every application you apply yourself to. I love you, Bacon.

Archived