G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

This is a thread to store info about the upcoming G&G G2000 starting with photos:

Shot Show:

(RiotSC from Airsoft Mechanics)

GGFS2000.jpg

GGFS2000disassembled.jpg

(GnGArmament)

untitled-6.jpg

(RadRockin)

post-25-126432182149_thumb.jpg

Non Shot Show Pictures:

GG_G2000.jpg

gg_g2000_spot_02.jpg

Videos:

ASGI Sneak Preview-

Information:

(USCM corps)

"Went to ShotShow this year with three of my airsoft teammates. Held the RS F2000, also held the G&G F2000. Here's my impression: the RS F2000 feels like a toy. Seriously. If I was LE or in the military I'd hold it and be like: "you've gotta be kidding me, you want me to shoot this rickety POS toy gun?" I was expecting the RS F2000 to feel solid more like a AUG, P90, or G36. Instead I walked away very disappointed and disillusioned. It set the bar very low for me. Later that day I headed over to the G&G booth. The crazy thing is, the G&G FS2000 was what I expected from the RS F2000. The G&G version was solid, well balanced and didn't feel like a toy. It felt AWESOME. I asked about the release period and the rep said February for the F2000, and March for the 2x optic. We also asked about the gear box thinking that it was the G&G M14 Gearbox, and he said that it was a new design. He didn't have any other information beyond that other than to show us that the gun broke down like the real thing. I also noticed that the rubberized butt pad was much nicer than the real one too. And if my memory is correct, it had correct trademarks.

Basically: the G&G FS2000 was fantastic. Felt better than the real thing. So long as the internals are good you won't be disappointed."

**If you have any more info, pictures, or videos please feel free to post it in this thread**

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why on earth would anybody assume that the F2000 has an M14 gearbox in it????

The long skinny design of the M14 gearbox is about the worst possible thing to fit into a bullpup.

Their L85 gearbox would fit straight in.

Course, they'd have to be nuts to actually use it.

Maybe with a super-thick cylinder head so it can use a normal piston and a decent trigger it'd be okay.

Why on earth would anybody assume that the F2000 has an M14 gearbox in it????

The long skinny design of the M14 gearbox is about the worst possible thing to fit into a bullpup.

Their L85 gearbox would fit straight in.

Course, they'd have to be nuts to actually use it.

Maybe with a super-thick cylinder head so it can use a normal piston and a decent trigger it'd be okay.

And what about a some-how adapted/modified cylinder set V6 GB? 

This has actually made me jizz.

It looks freaking awesome and with the only other option being the so-so JLS i might get one of these.

Lets hope it isn't going to be as fail as some G&G products.

'FireKnife'

Would this be your first non-pistol? :D

I think this gun will change a lot of peoples views who have negative opinions on G&G. I'm also thinking some V6 hybrid gearbox. Or maybe just a regular V6 gearbox, because G&G has never made a V6 gearbox, which is a new design to them.

First gun I ever wanted was the F2000.

Its just a great design. I seriously hope they do not mess this one up and end up releasing a flawed product.

The JLS F2000 put me right off the F2000. If G&G can do a good job with this, I can see myself selling some guns to raise the funds for this one.

And what about a some-how adapted/modified cylinder set V6 GB? 

Yeah.

TBH, I was thinking of buying one of those chinese P90 gearboxes to play around with and see if I can get it to work in my JLS F2000, just to get the 2-stage trigger working correctly.

Only thing is, the gearbox won't easily fit over the top of a STANAG mag cos the nozzle won't reach the hop-up.

Fortunately, since TM invented their blowback AEGs c/w seriously long nozzles it's likely that one could be used with a V6 gearbox in a STANAG bullpup.

I just figured the G&G L85 gearbox would be the simple choice for another bullpup.

It's keep the cost of tooling up for a new project down a bit.

Even as things are, It'd be nice if G&G had the sense to build a new gearbox that still makes use of the L85 upper gearbox and motor cage.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah.

TBH, I was thinking of buying one of those chinese P90 gearboxes to play around with and see if I can get it to work in my JLS F2000, just to get the 2-stage trigger working correctly.

Only thing is, the gearbox won't easily fit over the top of a STANAG mag cos the nozzle won't reach the hop-up.

Fortunately, since TM invented their blowback AEGs c/w seriously long nozzles it's likely that one could be used with a V6 gearbox in a STANAG bullpup.

I just figured the G&G L85 gearbox would be the simple choice for another bullpup.

It's keep the cost of tooling up for a new project down a bit.

Even as things are, It'd be nice if G&G had the sense to build a new gearbox that still makes use of the L85 upper gearbox and motor cage.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry if I'm straying from the original topic, but: Is the G&G L85 Gearbox that bad? Never seen one in person, but everyone seems to talk so bad about it. Is it a problem of design or just poorly made components?

Sorry if I'm straying from the original topic, but: Is the G&G L85 Gearbox that bad? Never seen one in person, but everyone seems to talk so bad about it. Is it a problem of design or just poorly made components?

Terrible, something to do with the piston and gears setup i think but all i know is it is the only L85 model i have seen strip itself.

But saying that the new SG550 looks good and this could be another winner, hopefully.

'FireKnife'

I think that is the one. My mistake about just dumping the gearbox in though. I suppose you could always try and recreate this, but with the G&G coming out soon, there would be no point really, less of course the G&G fails big time, but I highly doubt that. I am eagerly awaiting the release and first reviews like the rest of you.

Archived