G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They only announced it a few months ago, it has been in the works for about a year and a half though,. it was ready to ship this time last year but there was some hold up with regards licensing etc. I think they were trying to get the use of Trades from FN maybe. The production model is gonna be at this months IWA in germany, by which time there might be a few already doing the rounds on the net., :)

They only announced it a few months ago, it has been in the works for about a year and a half though,. it was ready to ship this time last year but there was some hold up with regards licensing etc. I think they were trying to get the use of Trades from FN maybe. The production model is gonna be at this months IWA in germany, by which time there might be a few already doing the rounds on the net., :)

G&G first announced a F2000 back in like 2004. If you click on that link to ASR even somebody said "I wish G&G would hurry up and make that F2000 already", and that post was dated in 2007!

They had an announcement a few years back, probably 2005 of what guns they should make for that year and the next, and they asked everyone to email them with the order they would like the items produced. The F2000 was literally at the top of that list on most everyone's posts and emails about that, yet half the list has been produced since then. In 2007 someone made a petition I believe here on arnies to get G&G to crank it out already, and that fell on deaf ears.

Also

Finally we get a good F2000

I wouldn't hold my breath on a first gen G&G product, it'll be a year or two till we can call it "decent" let alone good.

They had an announcement a few years back, probably 2005 of what guns they should make for that year and the next, and they asked everyone to email them with the order they would like the items produced. The F2000 was literally at the top of that list on most everyone's posts and emails about that, yet half the list has been produced since then. In 2007 someone made a petition I believe here on arnies to get G&G to crank it out already, and that fell on deaf ears.

Also

I wouldn't hold my breath on a first gen G&G product, it'll be a year or two till we can call it "decent" let alone good.

That'ts exactly my point, it has been in the works for a long time, but they never announced its release.

As far as how reliable its going to be, as an owner of maybe 5 G&G guns i don't see why it wont be decent. their pneumatic blow back was a new design and that so far has been a big hit and has been as reliable as any other.

So, anyone has a clue on release date?

ahem, Its "released" now. ^

as above, its on their list sent to distributors already. I suspect the retailers are just waiting for them to arrive at this stage.

As far as how reliable its going to be, as an owner of maybe 5 G&G guns i don't see why it wont be decent.

m14 gen one was ######, L85s were junk at first and now are "ok" depending on who you talk to, if you look at first gen G&G guns they have a track record of releasing buggy or flawed designs that they do fix (more than most companies do), but it takes time to figure out what is a flaw, and what is user error. That's all I'm saying, not that G&G is a bad company, just that new products always have issues right out of the gates.

Terrible, something to do with the piston and gears setup i think but all i know is it is the only L85 model i have seen strip itself.

But saying that the new SG550 looks good and this could be another winner, hopefully.

'FireKnife'

I feel the need to clarify something, there seems to be a huge misconception that the L85 gearbox was low quality it was actually great materials build quality. And these problems only arouse when the guns were modified to run less hot. When the gun was one the early ones and has not modified its still running fine now, however hot. There was a kit that was specifically designed to work around the issues if I remember correctly. I have owned AEGS from every manufacture and I would say G&G are among the best for build quality and materials .

G&G quality has been high, but small issues on a small number of components results in G&G blackmarked for shoddy design.

The L85 piston issue is not because of downgrading. Its because they did not change the piston teeth inteface surface when they changed the sector gear design, hence the last tooth on the piston mismatches with the sector.

I had a G&G SR25 that shot at 150fps, and was about as accurate as a Chinese springer. Turns out the airnozzle inner diameter was not even the same as the cylinder nozzle's diameter, thus leaking air, and the inner barrel was sh1te. A few mods later along with a new barrel the SR25 turned out to be a very accurate rifle.

Looking at G&G parts today they are an example of precision manufacture, but they still do not put in the quality parts that even Chinese manufacturers today would put in. Hence why I think they still have a little way to go.

Still, would be good seeing the much awaited F2000. I had the JLS, and while it was nice, it was still miles off from a real steel. I hope they do add a precocking system into this.

Archived