G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

Why don't you want it to be pre-cocking? I don't understand how that can be a bad thing, assuming you have a way to release spring tension when you want to. Sure, you can get a gun firing quick enough that trigger response is almost instantaneous, but that's still almost, and that usually involves a mosfet, capacitors, and a high-voltage LiPo.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel the need to clarify something, there seems to be a huge misconception that the L85 gearbox was low quality it was actually great materials build quality. And these problems only arouse when the guns were modified to run less hot. When the gun was one the early ones and has not modified its still running fine now, however hot. There was a kit that was specifically designed to work around the issues if I remember correctly. I have owned AEGS from every manufacture and I would say G&G are among the best for build quality and materials .

G&G quality has been high, but small issues on a small number of components results in G&G blackmarked for shoddy design.

The L85 piston issue is not because of downgrading. Its because they did not change the piston teeth inteface surface when they changed the sector gear design, hence the last tooth on the piston mismatches with the sector.

Here we go again.

Saying that the L85 gearbox was a good design but that it just had a couple of tiny problems is, well, nonsense.

Regardless of the reasons, if the gearbox can't be modified within reason (and making it legal to use in a lot of markets IS within reason) then it sucks.

Also, I have no idea why Evil Dan (sorry, I don't do leetspeek) keeps banging on about this obscure thing about the L85.

Quite simply, it was the first ever select-fire gun with an 19 tooth piston and nobody at G&G seemed to mind that, when fired with anything less than an M110, the back tooth of the piston would catch on the sector gear.

Even if you set aside the issues with the piston, the trigger mechanism still sucks the big one.

Funny thing is, as I keep saying, an L85 gearbox WILL drop straight into an F2000 (obviously, with a modified trigger assembly).

I wouldn't mind betting that the reason G&G delayed the F2000 was specifically so they could design a new gearbox.

The fact that they seem to have decided not to use the L85 gearbox would suggest they're well aware how poor the L85 gearbox was.

For the record, IIRC, their M14 sucked, their GR16 sucked, their L85 sucked and, erm, I'm sure I'm forgetting another failure.

You'd have to be nuts to buy any G&G gun fresh off the drawing board. It takes them at least 3 or 4 years to sort them out, if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread revival for new info:

April release date, and ICS L85-esque spring power adjustment? Could be interesting. I am just hoping the GB uses standard parts from a V3 or V2 or something obtainable.

If a mod could also edit that video link into my first post in the video section that would be much appreciated.

Their unique pneumatic blowback gearbox is a brilliant design and as reliable as any other out there. you have an extremely pessimistic view.

they also make the best performing budget gun out there really., Ive only come across a few minor failures of the M14s and havent a bad word at all for their Armalite's.,

For the record, IIRC, their M14 sucked, their GR16 sucked, their L85 sucked and, erm, I'm sure I'm forgetting another failure.

You'd have to be nuts to buy any G&G gun fresh off the drawing board. It takes them at least 3 or 4 years to sort them out, if at all.

Thread revival for new info:

April release date, and ICS L85-esque spring power adjustment? Could be interesting. I am just hoping the GB uses standard parts from a V3 or V2 or something obtainable.

If a mod could also edit that video link into my first post in the video section that would be much appreciated.

Soooo happy, picking this one up ASAP :D

Here we go again.

Saying that the L85 gearbox was a good design but that it just had a couple of tiny problems is, well, nonsense.

Regardless of the reasons, if the gearbox can't be modified within reason (and making it legal to use in a lot of markets IS within reason) then it sucks.

Also, I have no idea why Evil Dan (sorry, I don't do leetspeek) keeps banging on about this obscure thing about the L85.

Quite simply, it was the first ever select-fire gun with an 19 tooth piston and nobody at G&G seemed to mind that, when fired with anything less than an M110, the back tooth of the piston would catch on the sector gear.

Even if you set aside the issues with the piston, the trigger mechanism still sucks the big one.

Funny thing is, as I keep saying, an L85 gearbox WILL drop straight into an F2000 (obviously, with a modified trigger assembly).

I wouldn't mind betting that the reason G&G delayed the F2000 was specifically so they could design a new gearbox.

The fact that they seem to have decided not to use the L85 gearbox would suggest they're well aware how poor the L85 gearbox was.

Actually it was a small comment in amongst a larger discussion. It is also called, being objective.

Having opened up numerous G&Gs in my time, as I had already said, some G&G guns has some small design and QC issues that would've made a otherwise awesome craftsmanship into something that could be unsatisfactory.

L85 was an example, and rightly so, is the G&G M14 and their GR16s.

I have made those L85s work on M100 springs with no ill effect, and I fixed the trigger issues by repositioning/reshaping the contacts. I have also provided details to replicate the fixes. I also sorted out the issues with the M14/SOC16 and their GR16s, and their issues is fairly similar to most v2 issues I have seen.

They don't "suck", just slightly imperfect which could be of no more than 3 minutes with a needle file in the right place to fix (which is a lot less effort than reworking some of the "high quality" guns I have seen out there). Its something people have to bear in mind, and work with. If YOU can't modify within reason, then its not because its not possible its because something else is lacking.

Perhaps what Stealthbomber is trying to say is: G&G is not for the faint hearted, or the technically unknowing. I would've agreed to that. But to say that they "sucked" in general, is a gross generalisation that is not accurate in representing the truth of the matter.

I am not going to speculate the G&G F2000 internals but knowing G&G reputation, it will be good. I will be getting my hands on one :)

Looking at G&G parts today they are an example of precision manufacture, but they still do not put in the quality parts that even Chinese manufacturers today would put in. Hence why I think they still have a little way to go.

Care to elaborate on this any? Pretty vague comment...

I think what people are forgetting is that most companies, when they innovate (bar maybe TM) have some growing pains (hell even the TM guns had some growing pains... M14 *COUGH* *COUGH*). Aside from the "usual" mechanics, there is a lot that goes into the manufacturing of a gearbox and some very minor things can cause serious upsets in the dynamics of a gearbox.

I still dont see factory standard AoE adjustment although G&G DOES remove the second tooth on their newest pistons, and their new piston heads are pretty good. If I had to think of one failing point, it would be the wiring. They are still stuck on a mix of 18AWG and 20 AWG wiring that makes me want to punch babies.

I can't think of a single thing that any clone manufacturer has done that G&G hasnt except silvered wire (whoopideedoooo), neo motors (meh, their stock motors handle US limits well enough on a 9.6v battery) and a MOSFET... only two guns I can think of that have em, the TSI Tavor (hah, hah, hah) and the JG Metal Body Enhanced gearbox guns, which might as well be a pretty good considering the price gearbox wrapped in meh externals. So I'd really like an elaboration on the point.

• 3 weeks later...

Last I heard AATV say that the release date was supposed to be april, and now its april. Looks like we might still be waiting awhile for new information or even a release. At this point the only new info worth posting would be gearbox internals and plans for accessories being confirmed.

One thing I wonder, is if there will be a bottom rail attachment, that we could then attach a EGLM to, because I would be first in line for this if thats the case. Like the rail on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVr5xFDkzo&feature=related

seems as if its the right height and length for a VFC EGLM with the non mag well trigger.

iirc i saw the g&g one with the grip off and there was a rail hidden under it already, so you should be fine, G&G are making a ugl option for it and also the optic red dot thingy top to go with it as well, just not going to be on the market at the same time as when the aeg come out.

im really hoping i can afford one when they are out,as its the only gun i actually want (to buy)

Archived