G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to see the final version of the F2000 (G2010) model over the Carbine FS2000 (G2010L) model. I still wished to see the OD version instead of Tan, but I'll most likely buy the black G2010 over the ACR, unless the ACR is released sooner. I hope G&G releases optional barrels for us to convert from CQB to Carbine length. Definitely picking up the rails, UGL, and optic once its out.

would you say that you would get the magpul pts ACR or the this rifle first? Which feels better?

The G&G F2000 is a solid gun. It was extremely impressive. That said, I'm not a big fan of bullpup ergonomics. I'm not 100% sure I'll ever buy any bullpup again even though I really like the way the F2000 looks.

Didn't they say this would be out first half of Feb, then second, then mid march, then late march, then just april.... now early may? There are 5 days left to get this to the market to make an april deadline, and if they aren't shipping to distributors/retailers right this very instant (which would be advertising pre-sale) then I highly doubt this will be out in april....

I won't believe anything other than a handfull of these used at shows exist until I have one in my hands...

Didn't they say this would be out first half of Feb, then second, then mid march, then late march, then just april.... now early may? There are 5 days left to get this to the market to make an april deadline, and if they aren't shipping to distributors/retailers right this very instant (which would be advertising pre-sale) then I highly doubt this will be out in april....

I won't believe anything other than a handfull of these used at shows exist until I have one in my hands...

I don't think they really care. I've known a lot of manufacturers over the years and I've rarely seen them make their deadlines.

More often than not, the release date is an idealized release date ... if all the stars were perfectly aligned and everything went according to plan, blah blah blah. From a customer stand point it seems obvious to not announce something till you were sure, but there are so many factors and reasons behind the scenes why they often make announcements ahead of time. Sometimes it's simply to gauge public interest. Announce 8 different products as coming summer 2010, see which one people are most interested in, and make that your priority. Sometimes they do it because investors want to see some kind of progress. Sometimes they do it in hopes of discouraging competitors. There are more reasons, and many of them have absolutely nothing to do with what suits the general public. Sure, it can be very aggravating. That's just the way production works.

Well I really don't care bout a deadline sure its fun but what do you want a rushed product with flaws in it? Or a product that has taken the propper testing and quality control? I'll take the latter anyday.

Anyways I'm kinda glad its relayed cuz kinda forgot bout this and ordered new m4 parts. So I'm hoping this comes out when I got some funds because this is a must buy over the JLS (wich isn't that bad all in all, you just need to put ALOT OF MONEY in it.)

Could always get and mount the real optic, couldn't you?

Doesn't that thing have some kind of ballistic calculator for Grenade Launchers? (You lase the target, and the optic will show you the necessary elevation for the distance). Would be funny if it can be adapted for BBs, you could "lob" them accurately over quite some distance then. :P

I talked with the G&G spokesman at Shot Show this year about the F2000. He estimated that the optic would be out a couple months after the rifle comes out. Given current trends, I'm guessing that means the optic will be out somewhere between 2 to 6 months after the gun's released. The lower handguard DOES come off like the real thing, though he didn't mention the EGLM and I forgot to ask. I think a lot of it comes down to how well the rifle itself sells. If it sells extremely well, they'll probably push up the production schedule of the accessories. It's hard to gauge really.

Doesn't that thing have some kind of ballistic calculator for Grenade Launchers? (You lase the target, and the optic will show you the necessary elevation for the distance). Would be funny if it can be adapted for BBs, you could "lob" them accurately over quite some distance then. :P

I assume you're joking but anyway...

The scope that you usually see on an F2000 is a pretty normal one.

The fancy one with all the range-finding and nade-calculating stuff is the super-big thing that looks like a sharks fin slapped on top of the gun.

The prototype one that has a sort of disc shape when you look at it from the top? I didn't know that had a computer in it, although I'm not surprised considering the futuristic stuff that happens with a lot of prototypes.

I think that hop-up would really screw with a calculator like that, though. Bullet drop is consistent, barring some minuscule (is that the right spelling?) variations in speed based on powder charge. If you could program a BDC computer to work with hop-up, I want to look at the code.

Archived