G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like i said at the beginning, "MAG" branded mags didnt fit, I did say some other mags do work fine. :)

I had a look at my green label PMAGs and they dont need a mod to the feed catch to work, although the shape of the mag itself doesn't allow it to fit straight in. Still need to try EMAGs but G&G, Real Sword mids are fine so far,.

whoa whoa whoa you didn't have to modify them or anything?

Nope, they are a very snug fit.

My MAG 100rd midcaps wont fit (as we already know), only got some ACM 300rd P-Mag left to try.

The butt pad is held on pretty badly, quite disappointing.

Well this is disappointing.

No more than a single high cap through it and it no longer fires.

First auto stopped working, fixed by bending the contacts very slightly and now after clearing some rounds it will fire once then not at all without getting the gearbox out and pushing the metal lever to release the lower contact block.

Fun fun.

Edit: Fixed again, contacts needed bending further.

Still seems to stick every now and then on semi, not sure why still.

Spring that came with it is strong, stock fps is about 380, thats at 'lowest' adjustment. (Not sure where that is but mine is flush with the back of the casing, any further out and I think it may pop out along with the spring.)

First skirmish with the G2010 over, it lasted half the day.

Started off fine but as the day went on it refused to fire on auto more and more, randomly picking itself back up.

Bout half way through one of the games it stopped working at all, not managed to get it going since.

Disappointing.

However for the time it worked it was very good.

Hop is VERY stiff and only needs tiny adjustments, semi auto accuracy and range was excellent.

Auto grouping was a little big for my tastes but the barrel may need cleaning again.

So far I would say the externals are excellent but the internals, primarily the trigger contacts are garbage.

Jeez, sorry to hear your having suck a rough deal with yours man. Can ya post some pics of the trigger contacts in yours? I'll compare them to pics of mine and see if there's anything out of the ordinary that jumps out at us. Might also try giving them a run over with a multimeter to confirm that the circuit is being broken there and isnt a motor issue,.

Auto grouping was a little big for my tastes but the barrel may need cleaning again.

I suppose that is caused by the mechbox moving back and forth slightly during full auto fire?

Pics of the contacts in here:

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Reppyboyo/G2010/

Also a few random other pics, dunno why I took them honestly.

Anyway, I popped out the gearbox, took those photo`s and saw nothing obvious.

Put a battery on and it works fine, same lipo as I was using yesterday with no additional charging.

Popped it back into the g2010, fully assembled the aeg and tested. Works fine. :huh:

Other than popping the gearbox out today I`ve done nothing to it since it stopped working.

Seriously confused now.

I suppose that is caused by the mechbox moving back and forth slightly during full auto fire?

Actually its held in there pretty well, the forward clamp(?) is very tight and the back plate is against the rear. (The back plate is held in by being slotted into the back plus 2 small screws)

I think it may of been just the barrel being dirty as I noticed after cleaning it the first time after dry firing a little it was back to being dirty. Gearbox may have been a little over greased it seems.

As said however, the semi-auto accuracy and range was excellent.

yeah there is a lot of grease on the piston head and in the cylinder. that gets spat out after a few rounds so its better to start by clearing that up before even bothering to clean the barrel. :)

on the contacts though, yours look to be suffering some pitting and they also look a little miss shaped. the full auto contacts in your pic dont look to be sitting in line properly like mine do.

Yours: http://s75.photobuck...nt=DSC00838.jpg

Mine: http://farm5.static....ac9b87f25_o.jpg

Your semi contacts seem to be a little on the wide side aswell, they also look like they've been burning from the battery. You might wanna stick some sort of mosfet in there before they get too badly burned, parts might be a while coming for such a newly released gun.

Heres a pic of mine,

http://farm5.static....2595c484d_o.jpg

Give them a clean up with some light sandpaper and try to shape them as close to mine as you can get, then give it a bash and see where you get. :)

its stupidly simple, its just 2 wires going straight from the battery to the motor, and another 2 smaller ones that go to either side of the trigger contacts.

you can get much more complex ones but the principle is the same anyway. :)

They both go to the same place, so it doesnt really matter. :)

i'll take some pics of mine if i remember, twas actually one of the easier mosfet installs, since ya dont need to open the gearbox etc. :)

No i used one made by a friend of mine over at airsofthacks.com, you can choose from active breaking ones, regular ones etc etc.

heres how the mosfet goes in, you can see the power goes straight from the battery to the motor, and the 2 thin wires go to the trigger contacts, completing the circuit when you pull the trigger. the contacts only have something like 1v going through them so you dont get any of that burning/pitting on them like you've been getting with the lipo. :)

The orangey looking wires are the G&G originals, i didnt need to move them. just solder in the yellow and blue beside them. theres only 4 wires to solder. throw on some heat shrink wrapping and a deans connector and your set. :)

4767634718_79ef4b2d98_b.jpg

Cheers, that should help.

Noticed that most mosfets come with only the one trigger wire. (Yours has the two, blue and yellow.)

If ive read correctly, the positive from the motor needs to connect to trigger contact 1 & the mosfet and the trigger wire onto trigger contact 2. (This is basing it off users whom have used Infected mosfets on P90`s).

Is that correct?

Yeah in that situation you just route the positive wire from the battery, to the trigger contact and then straight onto the motor in one single line. the single small wire goes to the other side of the trigger contacts (makes no difference which way around you do it) and when it completes the circuit on pulling the trigger, the mosfet sends the power down through the red wire to the motor and not across the trigger contacts. :)

that can happen to the contacts with a decent lipo or even with regular use of a 9.6v regular battery., Mine is a 7.4v 25c, i think 1100mah but cant remember for sure.

Would have been a real bonus if the gun had one from the factory, although they only really intended it to be used with theiir 9.6v regular ones i suppose. :)

I noticed that the bb latch housings on the Magpul M-MAGs and E-MAGs are pretty short, and in fact don't extend as far back on the top of the mag as does the housing on the original P-MAG.

So I was wondering if either or both might work without modification.

I tried to fit an E-Mag in mine briefly and it wouldn't lock in. I didn't get the chance to figure out why or if it just needed a whack as it was a friends magazine. I haven't got my own one yet to play with but it seems they don't work straight out of the box.

Archived