G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking around for one of these in Europe, rather than importing

from Hong Kong, and I noticed Eirsoft are taking pre-orders for a delivery due

in a few weeks. Does anyone know if they ship to UK or mainland Europe ?

www.eirsoft.ie

eirsoft ship to pretty much anywhere in Europe as far as im aware, I'm one of the eirsoft guys myself.,

Tony is the man you want to be contacting if you want to order one though, (he's an arnies user too, Shiva i think). I was hoping to have had the hunter sighted version in the begining for the review but it wasnt then available. It has become available as of a week or so ago though so you have full choice of scoped/non scoped, Tan, black etc etc. I cant justify another one, but i want a tan hunter. :D

4779822182_a440ccf529.jpg

eirsoft ship to pretty much anywhere in Europe as far as im aware, I'm one of the eirsoft guys myself.,

Tony is the man you want to be contacting if you want to order one though, (he's an arnies user too, Shiva i think). I was hoping to have had the hunter sighted version in the begining for the review but it wasnt then available. It has become available as of a week or so ago though so you have full choice of scoped/non scoped, Tan, black etc etc. I cant justify another one, but i want a tan hunter. :D

well i pre-ordered mine from eirsoft

cant wate to get my hands on it

Can anyone post a full review on the reviews section? I've been following this gun since feb and all this news about the internals sound worse than horror stories to me... I really wanted this gun too. Does G&G fix problems like these on their guns over time? Im pretty new to airsoft and was hoping this gun would be really good out of the box. Can anyone help?

what are you referring to when you say "news about the internals"?

The internals are perfectly good. it performs perfectly and more importantly, they make it using a lot of already available internal parts, so upgrades/mods for the most part, aren't a problem. :)

what are you referring to when you say "news about the internals"?

The internals are perfectly good. it performs perfectly and more importantly, they make it using a lot of already available internal parts, so upgrades/mods for the most part, aren't a problem. :)

i heard stuff about contacts failing, it stopping to work after one game etc... its just making me worry about the gun

i heard stuff about contacts failing, it stopping to work after one game etc... its just making me worry about the gun

Yea that was mine.

Relativly easy fix, getting a mosfet for it anyway to bypass the contacts which should fix it permanently.

Yea that was mine.

Relativly easy fix, getting a mosfet for it anyway to bypass the contacts which should fix it permanently.

so internally its perfect for a few or more matches? Do I need to replace anything out of the box to make work really good? because Im willing to buy a mosfet or a new piston.

Someone a few pages back did have a piston problem as far as i can remember, but i haven't had any issues with that myself (or any of the others from this batch yet). A masfet is always a good idea, especially if you are going to run it on any kind of decent battery other than an 8.4 mini. a lot of people are running these on lipo and thats something i woudnt do with any gun unless it had a mosfet installed.

If your willing to crack open the gearbox before ya use it you would benefit from a good cleaning of the cylinder and piston head. i prefer to run these with a thin coat of silicone oil instead of the grease they use as it can pretty sticky and doesnt give a 100% air seal.

I have also installed a M4A1 type ported cylinder to see how it would perform and i am finding the power adjustment a lot more precise than before.

Someone a few pages back did have a piston problem as far as i can remember, but i haven't had any issues with that myself (or any of the others from this batch yet). A masfet is always a good idea, especially if you are going to run it on any kind of decent battery other than an 8.4 mini. a lot of people are running these on lipo and thats something i woudnt do with any gun unless it had a mosfet installed.

If your willing to crack open the gearbox before ya use it you would benefit from a good cleaning of the cylinder and piston head. i prefer to run these with a thin coat of silicone oil instead of the grease they use as it can pretty sticky and doesnt give a 100% air seal.

I have also installed a M4A1 type ported cylinder to see how it would perform and i am finding the power adjustment a lot more precise than before.

thanks, so all I have to do is install a mosfet and replace the piston head and cylinder, got it, does it use ver 2 ones?

Nah i said give it a good cleaning, you don't really need to change it.

I just changed my cylinder as a test and found it gave me more precise adjustment of the power screw. I suppose a lot depends on the kinda power you want from this thing. With a 1j limit over here i only need a range of muzzle velocity of 290-340ish.

It'll work with pretty much any parts for a V6 P90 gearbox. the gears and piston are your typical types seen in most v2's, v3's etc etc.

Beretta,

Sorry but just a few questions:

Is the upper receiver made of aluminum, resin?

What is the stock weight of the gun sans mag and battery?

Here in the philippines there is still none available since so far local importer will not stock these.

To me this looks like the best aeg to date. Easy to access hop/ barrel and gearbox, no more wobble on anything.

Design is not for everyone though, but still I love it.

First things first, thanks beretta for all your comments and info; very helpful and informative!

I'm a bit of a Splinter Cell nut and I love the F2000 and have been practically hugging my JLS one since I got it. Obviously the G2010 will be the next airsoft purchase I make and I'll definitely getting the Hunter variant because it's obscenely attractive. Just a few questions; I know you're using a Li-po (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'd personally prefer to stick to NIMHs for now. What voltage would you recommend? I'd normally go with 8.4 V 1200 mAh minis but I wouldn't mind getting new batteries if needs be. Also, my local site has a strict 350 fps limit for rifles and I've read varying power bands for these, ranging from under 300 to 360-440 fps; beretta, what's yours been firing at?

Finally, beretta, I appreciate you may have had some kind of exclusive on the rifle; you certainly seemed to get it before anyone else; where would you recommend getting it from for the UK? I've found it on Eirsoft but I'd rather not have to involve customs if possible. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Marbo

Well, second day of skirmishing with it or at least a half day yet again. :-/

Had problems from the beginning of the day of the same type, random lock-ups till it eventually stopped firing altogether.

During lunch I had a fiddle, nowt wrong with the contacts but changed my battery and found a strange solution.

I chucked in a old nimh (8.4v) I had charged up and the G2010 fired fine with only a couple of lock-ups in semi (fixed by a quick auto burst).

With my 7.2v lipo it starts locking up again. o_0

It appears that in stock form it cannot handle a lipo without screwing up.

Spend half the day with my old faithful Type 97B instead.

Honestly the G2010 is disappointing to me for this issue right out of the box, I think I have been spoiled by my Type 97B which has never had a problem.

May end up selling this soon. (Not only because of the lipo issue, it sadly doesnt seem to quite 'fit' me)

First things first, thanks beretta for all your comments and info; very helpful and informative!

I'm a bit of a Splinter Cell nut and I love the F2000 and have been practically hugging my JLS one since I got it. Obviously the G2010 will be the next airsoft purchase I make and I'll definitely getting the Hunter variant because it's obscenely attractive. Just a few questions; I know you're using a Li-po (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'd personally prefer to stick to NIMHs for now. What voltage would you recommend? I'd normally go with 8.4 V 1200 mAh minis but I wouldn't mind getting new batteries if needs be. Also, my local site has a strict 350 fps limit for rifles and I've read varying power bands for these, ranging from under 300 to 360-440 fps; beretta, what's yours been firing at?

Finally, beretta, I appreciate you may have had some kind of exclusive on the rifle; you certainly seemed to get it before anyone else; where would you recommend getting it from for the UK? I've found it on Eirsoft but I'd rather not have to involve customs if possible. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Marbo

Hiya marbo,

Im not aware of any uk based shops selling this at the moment, I believe there's a few in HK, AGC, Redwolf and Airsoftpanda, then eirsoft in Ireland but with all of the above you will have it go through customs.

On the FPS thing, G&G tailor their guns to different limits so you might see some identical guns with totally different power ratings. I cant remember off hand what this was at out of the box, but it was quite low. Other places are rating it at 400+ so i'd say those ones are aimed at the american and other markets that aren't so tight with limits etc.

If needs be you can ask them to make absolute sure its under the limt you need it to be, since its a quick change spring i cant see any shops having any hassle doing that for ya.

On batterys, i first used the gun on a regular 1400mah 9.6 with no problems. it was a G&G branded one and i also fired it with a 8.4v clone battery from a JG G36 no probs. Its totally up to yourself what battery you wanna go with, i chose lipo as it charges faster and offers me smaller battery choices (which i can share with my other rifles that need smaller type batteries).

Well, second day of skirmishing with it or at least a half day yet again. :-/

Had problems from the beginning of the day of the same type, random lock-ups till it eventually stopped firing altogether.

During lunch I had a fiddle, nowt wrong with the contacts but changed my battery and found a strange solution.

I chucked in a old nimh (8.4v) I had charged up and the G2010 fired fine with only a couple of lock-ups in semi (fixed by a quick auto burst).

With my 7.2v lipo it starts locking up again. o_0

It appears that in stock form it cannot handle a lipo without screwing up.

Spend half the day with my old faithful Type 97B instead.

Honestly the G2010 is disappointing to me for this issue right out of the box, I think I have been spoiled by my Type 97B which has never had a problem.

May end up selling this soon. (Not only because of the lipo issue, it sadly doesnt seem to quite 'fit' me)

Hmm, this new info does seem to shed a little light on the problem, possibly.

Do you have any other springs lying about? if so throw one of them into the gun and see if its giving you the same problems. It sounds like the battery you have in there, combined with the particular spring is landing the overspin of the gears right in the sweet spot for the trigger not to be able to engage. This is something ive seen with a couple of guns in the past, my G&P M16 used to do it.

Try that out and see how ya get along.

Yeah, I was afraid it'd be a customs job. Oh well, can't be helped. Also I need a bit more time to muster the funds so maybe it'll spread a bit with time :-P.

Thanks for the help with the battery question; I think I'll settle with the 9.6 V for the simplicity.

Thanks for your help again :-)

Can't wait to have a fully pimped F2000 with Hunter scope, AGL and massive silencer :-D

Hey guys, I have decided to make the G2010 my first AEG, and I'm just waiting on delivery now.

What kind of hop up chamber is in it? Is it a m4 type by any chance? A friend is always raving on about the Madbull ultimate hop up chamber and I said I would give it a shot if it would work.

What is a good barrel to replace the stock one with? I read somewhere (The take aim review I think) that a Madbull Python would be great in there. Do they make them in 430mm? The m4 one seems a bit too short, AK one a bit too long (Can I just lop a bit off the end? What's the best way to do this?

I would like to get a single point sling along this line. I would prefer not to spend 100 notes on a sling by the time it gets here though, so does anyone know of any non-real steel (ie cheap) alternitives?

The hopup unit isnt an M4 type. it looks a little like it, but its design is totally different.

on the barrel, I used a Madbull in it, i think it was an M4 length one so it wasn't as long as it could be but there was still a good improvement on the standard one, Im waiting to receive one of these Promethius ones though, their really good quality.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/parts-upgrade-aeg/precision-barrels/prometheus-6-03mm-eg-barrel-for-type-89-vsr-10.html

On the sling there if you cant buy one for a reasonable price you could always make one. it look me no more than 5mins to have mine up and running and it works great. :)

The hopup unit isnt an M4 type. it looks a little like it, but its design is totally different.

on the barrel, I used a Madbull in it, i think it was an M4 length one so it wasn't as long as it could be but there was still a good improvement on the standard one, Im waiting to receive one of these Promethius ones though, their really good quality.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/parts-upgrade-aeg/precision-barrels/prometheus-6-03mm-eg-barrel-for-type-89-vsr-10.html

On the sling there if you cant buy one for a reasonable price you could always make one. it look me no more than 5mins to have mine up and running and it works great. :)

Yours has the look I am going for alright, that being said though, being new to the hobby, and renting equipment rather than buying for the last few months means I don't have a parts bin to raid =)

I liked the review you wrote in Take Aim btw, that's what tipped me from umming and awwing about the g2010 to pulling out the credit card =)

Archived