G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much everything in their range is recommended for use with a 9.6v battery. Ive been using 11.1v and 7.4v lipo for a long time though, in my Toptech 416, MP5 and CQB-S and now the 7.4 in this F2000. the only thing id always do is install a mosfet. its too easy to char the contacts on decent batteries no matter what gun it is. :)

Pretty much everything in their range is recommended for use with a 9.6v battery. Ive been using 11.1v and 7.4v lipo for a long time though, in my Toptech 416, MP5 and CQB-S and now the 7.4 in this F2000. the only thing id always do is install a mosfet. its too easy to char the contacts on decent batteries no matter what gun it is. :)

yeah, even back in 2005 when G&G released their LR300 they recommended it was used with a 9.6v battery - unheard of at the time :P

Are they midcaps? or is it happening with the original magazine too?

The middle magazine has the mod done in this pic, the top is a standard high cap and the bottom is an unmodded midcap. you can see the small rectangular piece cut off the middle mag,

4633083043_a4d8e6b13b_b.jpg

beretta:

Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question. I just got in my gun and decided to test a G&G midcap in it, but mine are the long, gray ones with the clear plastic top unlike the black one you showed in your three-mag pic some pages back. So after firing about fifty shots in a combination of semi and auto, the gun locked up. I took out the mag and after a few attempts at pulling the trigger, it fired out a remaining BB or two and worked. Oddly, I heard some rattling and found a BB rolling around the bottom of the butt, which I was able to take out below where the battery goes in.

So the question is, was this lockup/BB misplacement caused by a possibly incompatible midcap, or is there some other cause?

The gun fired fine with the included hi-cap after that.

I used an Intellect 9.6v battery.

Thanks.

that seems like an odd one alright, can ya see the catch if you look up through the mag well?

I saw one of the guys from eirsoft discussing a similar problem with a customer of theirs who got an early one over on boards.ie a couple of days ago (On the eirsoft thread in the retailers section). They did not go into too much detail on it, but from what I gathered from skimming over it, whatever tech is working for Tony had fixed the issue once for the guy already and it started re-ocurring.

Come to think of it, you discussed some issues with the mag catch in your review too right? I wonder if they could be related.

I saw one of the guys from eirsoft discussing a similar problem with a customer of theirs who got an early one over on boards.ie a couple of days ago (On the eirsoft thread in the retailers section). They did not go into too much detail on it, but from what I gathered from skimming over it, whatever tech is working for Tony had fixed the issue once for the guy already and it started re-ocurring.

Come to think of it, you discussed some issues with the mag catch in your review too right? I wonder if they could be related.

That guy was me :) berretta (eirsoft tech) fixed it, but its happening again. The issue in the review is the mags getting stuck, pretty much the opposite problem, but both are still related the mag catch

• 4 weeks later...

HEre is the G&G 2010 from our Last Operation. He won thisG&G 2010 at the Operation Black Tiger II (two weeks ago) You see FS2000 has the Tokyo Marui Tracer Unit (the best tracer hands down) attached. He only uses G&G Mags as well.

post-25-128323044326_thumb.jpg

Fritz with his new G&G 2010 His quick assesment review on B.o.E boards

its cool to see the rifle in battle after so much work.

Thanks G&G for your follow through and Kick-*albatross* AEG's

He mentions the loose stock cover too. A shame, really. While it seems like a very high quality, well designed AEG, the designers haven't taken real-world skirmish conditions into account.

I can't help but keep comparing this with my JLS RX4, another unusually-designed AEG, which always seems to come out on top: motor is completely protected from the elements; hop unit isn't proprietery; and no chance of the stock cover falling off, ever, despite this part also being rubber and friction-fitted onto the stock. Too bad they're sold out everywhere.

for close to $4000 I would expect something much better than this, a bunch of minor flaws that add up to a major annoyance. I was really anticipating this gun, then I saw the early reviews and was put off, now seeing some of this other stuff it seems like it's a nicely dressed up JLS.

I think the only thing that could convince me is if they do a EGLM version or make a module for it, they've already got the integrated 3.5x scope up for sale so I see that happening at some point hopefully.

BTW incase you missed it "hunter version" is for sale now.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=FN+G2010+Hunter&x=36&y=7

butt plate issue, I apply powerglue on the contact rubber on the plate to reinforce the rubber plate, specifically on the side inserts and the nub on the buttom, tpa rubber is hardened now and wont took off easily.. a word of caution though.. you have to wait until the powerglue is completely dried up, otherwise the buttplate will glued itself to the aeg

Archived