G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

In all honesty, I would like to propose that G&G hire me to keep an eye on their R&D department.

This was easily one of the most hyped up AEG releases of the last two or three years, yet it's fallen flat on it's face for several reasons:

That award was easily.... won? by the tsi tavor. The Ares tavor has many many issues too.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The M4 hop-up requires a screw and two C clips to be removed to disassemble, along with the barrel C clip.

A G36 hop-up unit requires the barrel C clip to be removed, then the drum can be slipped off, the nub arm comes out and the entire thing is disassembled.

The Sig/G3 hop-up unit simply has the drum pop forward, then the arm lifted up to get the nub out, the barrel c clip comes off and the entire thing is disassembled.

How, exactly, is the M4 hop-up easier to work on?

Also, the m4 hop-up unit has three gears transferring the force to the cam that actuates the hop-arm. This was to place the adjustment within the reach of an AR-15 style ejection port. In the F2000, the hop-up is adjusted from the top. There is absolutely NO reason G&G should have gone with an M4 design:

1) Drum units are much EASIER to adjust, especially from the top.

2) Drum units are much less likely to slip due to less moving parts and less opportunity for poor tolerances to affect movement.

3) Drum units are mechanically simpler and as such cheaper.

4) There are existing drum units that would have fitted into the F2000 without any modifications (G36).

5) They modified the m4 unit to allow shotgunning of the F2000 reciever - but they didn't think to move the adjustment wheel so you can adjust it from above more easily? What. The. C**ting. *fruitcage*.

lol, How easy exactly would you like the hop to be? maybe self adjusting perhaps?

Its not an M4 hopup at all. although it shares some similarities with the M4 types. why you would ever need to strip down the hopup as far as removing the circlips and everything, i dunno.

The F2000 hopup is tight, simple to adjust and wait for it.... works. so whats the big deal?

ps, G36 hops arent perfect, they use a transfer arm that can snap at the point where it meets the rotating drum. yes they are convenient in some circumstances, but their not perfect, they have their own problems and it seems you've come up with a solution for a problem nobody/few people is actually having.

You wouldn't believe how many PM, emails, face to face queries etc, i get asking me for info on this gun and the vast majority of people are very happy with their gun. I may be wrong on this, but as far as i can see the only people who are "seriously dissapointed" with it are people who don't even have one.

Its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but the "biggest failure in the last 2/3 years" couldnt be further from the truth. that title would have to go to the TSI tavor, it was so bad it was beyond useable no mater what you do with it. At least the Ares tavor was tunable, despite being cráp out of the box.

lol, How easy exactly would you like the hop to be? maybe self adjusting perhaps?

Its not an M4 hopup at all. although it shares some similarities with the M4 types. why you would ever need to strip down the hopup as far as removing the circlips and everything, i dunno.

The F2000 hopup is tight, simple to adjust and wait for it.... works. so whats the big deal?

You see, there's the issue: It's NOT an off-the-shelf M4 unit. G&G made it themselves.

But if they went to that kind of trouble, why not make something that could be adjusted from the top?

ps, G36 hops arent perfect, they use a transfer arm that can snap at the point where it meets the rotating drum. yes they are convenient in some circumstances, but their not perfect, they have their own problems and it seems you've come up with a solution for a problem nobody/few people is actually having.

No, the G36 unit isn't perfect. It is, however, easily replaceable and an off-the-shelf component. It is also a hell of a lot better than an M4 (or M4 BASED) unit in terms of ease of adjustment (it can be adjusted from the top) and the ability to make fine adjustments.

And yes, G&G don't make a G36. They do however make MC51s/HK31s which use the G3 hop-up unit, and they make SIG550,551,552, which use the SIG unit. Either of which would have worked too, and much better than the shoddy modified M4 unit. It would have also saved them the time and money required to make an entirely new type of hop-up unit.

The end of it is: If they went and made a new hop-up unit, why didn't they bother making it a good one? Or even one that looks like some effort had gone into making it fit the AEG it was designed for? You know, one that could be adjusted from the top. -.-

You wouldn't believe how many PM, emails, face to face queries etc, i get asking me for info on this gun and the vast majority of people are very happy with their gun. I may be wrong on this, but as far as i can see the only people who are "seriously dissapointed" with it are people who don't even have one.

Its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but the "biggest failure in the last 2/3 years" couldnt be further from the truth. that title would have to go to the TSI tavor, it was so bad it was beyond useable no mater what you do with it. At least the Ares tavor was tunable, despite being cráp out of the box.

Fair enough, I did forget about the TSI Tavor - that thing was so horrific I think my brain just refused to let me remember it in case I had a stroke. :D

I'm thinking of getting one of these after reading this thread and I've got a quick question before I commit my credit card.

Can anyone measure the butt plate for me? I know it's an odd question but I want to get a rough idea on the size first.

Also am I right in thinking the main things I need to keep in mind are that I need to:

use good quality batteries to avoid it locking/miss firing

mod some midcaps and have the ability to plan ahead and carry enough ammo to last the game

make sure all my mags fit properly

fit a mosfet if I want to use lipos

or in short to use common sense.

...but as far as i can see the only people who are "seriously dissapointed" with it are people who don't even have one.

I've noticed that too as I've been reading through this thread.

darklite what exactly is wrong with G&G using a hop unit which is mostly compatible with commonly available off the shelf M4 ones? The way I see it it was quite a sensible move on G&Gs part as if anything does break on the unit (arms, gears, clips etc) it can be replaced easily. Also looking at the pic it looks like it's just a little shorter on the bottom than a standard M4 unit which I'm guessing is something that could be done to a standard M4 unit to make it fit the G2010 which would mean replacement units wouldn't be too hard to come by.

So what if you can't adjust the hop without canting the gun, you have to do that with pretty much every other AEG anyway.

id have to agree with beretta.

im very happy with mine.with the 328fps limit here i belive mine shiped with a m90 spring [open to correction by beretta]

had a play with the adjustabell fps today and it also worked.

useing .25 i was geting around 255-260fps = about .8J

v max range was just shy of 60M usefull range of about 50M

when i screwed the adjuster out a bit i went down to 230fps [only did it to see if it worked so didant screw it out alot]

im going to clean the barrel as its had about 10-12 hi-caps thro it now and see if i get anymore fps out of it,if not ill try a m100 spring in it to try get nearer 1J,i can always turn it back down a bit if it chronos a bit hot due to weather, but i would aim for .95J

beretta im guessing normal AEG springs would fit ?

only niggly bits that bother me

mid cap issue - easyaly fix imho

the hop wheel can be stiff to turn but iv it set and marked for .25s now

would be nice if the iron sights were a bit higher for use when iv gogles on

every one wants to hold it and shoot it and then they say there going to buy one aswell :(

very minor would be geting use to the trigger pull on semi,im use to slow pulls and not comeing compleatly off the trigger

Hiya stealth,

yup, regular springs will do it. G&G ones tend to give out a bit more than their ratings though, but you have of course, the ability to turn it down. Try a promethius MS90 in there and you should be right on the button i reckon. :)

ps, Ive modded EMAGs for a mate to fit in his one and all it took was a bit of trial and error grinding on the front face of the mag. took about 5 mins of grind/test/grind test on it but once ya get an idea of how much to take away you'll fly through it. :)

I'm thinking of getting one of these after reading this thread and I've got a quick question before I commit my credit card.

Can anyone measure the butt plate for me? I know it's an odd question but I want to get a rough idea on the size first.

Also am I right in thinking the main things I need to keep in mind are that I need to:

use good quality batteries to avoid it locking/miss firing

mod some midcaps and have the ability to plan ahead and carry enough ammo to last the game

make sure all my mags fit properly

fit a mosfet if I want to use lipos

or in short to use common sense.

Thats pretty much it. the mosfet recommendation is really only a peace of mind mod since the trigger contacts are unique and not yet available as a spare part from what i can see. I wouldn't run any gun on higher rated lipos without a mosfet fitted to be honest.

You mids might not need any modding, unless their MAG branded ones. :)

You see, there's the issue: It's NOT an off-the-shelf M4 unit. G&G made it themselves.

But if they went to that kind of trouble, why not make something that could be adjusted from the top?

Im just gonna quote this bit, as you seem to be under the impression that the hopup cant be adjusted, or cant be adjusted from the top. Im not really sure which but the hop works fine, and can be adjusted without complication. The wheel is a little on the tight side when new, but thats about it. :)

Im just gonna quote this bit, as you seem to be under the impression that the hopup cant be adjusted, or cant be adjusted from the top. Im not really sure which but the hop works fine, and can be adjusted without complication. The wheel is a little on the tight side when new, but thats about it. :)

I never said either of those two statements. I just pointed out that a drum unit would be FAR easier to adjust from the top, and that the three-cog M4 style set-up will ALWAYS have play in it, and is much harder to adjust finely than a drum.

Id have to say thats total speculation, its a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

There is no play in the system,

Theres problem with adjusting it.

what more can i say really?

Sure theres always going to be" would be cool ifs" like wouldn't it be cool if it had real trades, a mosfet, a midcap, etc etc but at what point do this luxurys become a want more than a need? a g36 hopup is nothing more than a "want" to be honest, and while it would have some advantages, its not necessary and certainly not a deciding factor.

Wouldn't there be a problem with using something like a G3/G36/SIG type hop up chamber? I mean, sure it's easy to adjust it from whatever angle if it's accessible, but wouldn't the drum itself be a bit far forward in the gun to actually be able to reach easily without small fingers? I mean, that little flip up piece that reveals the hop up doesn't seem like it would allow you to get your finger all the way up to where basically the C-clip is, which is basically where you'd need to be able to reach to get at the drum. If anything, something like a variation of the ICS M4 hop up chamber might have been interesting, but it would seem (to me) that you'd have an issue with the plastic part that "meshes" with the front of the gearbox. It would be more a matter of having issues taking the drum off without interfering with a big "oval" shape that you notice at the front of the G2010 and P90 hop up chambers.

As for that screw being in the way, I wonder if they have in the backs of their minds secret plans to make a P90. I mean, they've already got the gearbox that will probably work, and they'd just need to copy the standard P90 trigger, stick it in (presumably with no modifications, since it looks like the screw is in the same place), swap the cut off lever, and you've got a P90-capable gearbox. I don't remember if anyone confirmed elsewhere in this thread if the holes are in fact in identical spots such that a P90 trigger assembly could be put on instead.

I'm still waiting for the it to arrive at ASGI so that I can get 10% off, though getting it is competing with several other $400-500 items, and my budget is somewhat limited at the moment.

Hiya stealth,

yup, regular springs will do it. G&G ones tend to give out a bit more than their ratings though, but you have of course, the ability to turn it down. Try a promethius MS90 in there and you should be right on the button i reckon. :)

ps, Ive modded EMAGs for a mate to fit in his one and all it took was a bit of trial and error grinding on the front face of the mag. took about 5 mins of grind/test/grind test on it but once ya get an idea of how much to take away you'll fly through it. :)

im guessing its as simple as screwing out the adjuster,replaceing the spring and screwing back in ?

never replaced a AEG spring before,only done bolt snipers.

thats it im off to get a EMAG and pray i dont FUBAR it as i realy like them in the f2000

Thanks

you need to remove the backplate if memory serves me right. thats basically 2 small Philips screws in the but and the plate comes off. then the spring adjuster can be removed. the place is made a little smaller in diameter than the adjuster screw so as to prevent the screw from falling out if it was loose. :)

Hi Guys I know there's a good review in here of the F2000, but I put my own in the Review section. I've had response from G&G about some of the issues people have had with the F2000 like mag compatibility if you fancy having a look, would like to know what people think too. Link is in my sig :)

That looks like an optical illusion at first glance. :D

Looks great though, I love the look of the EMAGs in there. gonna pick up a loadout worth of em for my own one. :)

thanks

goin to pick up another 6 myself,only niggly thing is if you remove the mag before its empty a few bb's spring up into the reciver and you hear them rolling around

• 5 months later...

Guys, I've lost Semi function... Any idea what causes this?

The switches seem fine but are awefully close in timing.

The cutoff lever seem a tiny bit worn too, but I don't really think that the c-o lever causes the problem.

i just slap the side of it to get it fixed :)

it works so haveant looked at fixing it properly

Is there any more word on the 'improved' version alluded to in dechandes' review? There was no further info in his review so I was just wandering if anyone else heard anything. I really wanted to buy one of these when they came out but the mag issue was a deal breaker for me.

Archived