G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

I assume you're joking but anyway...

The scope that you usually see on an F2000 is a pretty normal one.

The fancy one with all the range-finding and nade-calculating stuff is the super-big thing that looks like a sharks fin slapped on top of the gun.

Agreed it is a 1.6x magnified telescopic sight. For more info see wikipedia

Nothing else fancy bout it except for the size. The scope seen above is just a regular scope with a cover.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put 20 on it not coming out as it's pretty late in the day for the asian market.....

And you would think shops who should be getting it would advertise some form of pre-order well ahead of it's anticipated date or arrival.

As tempting as it would be to go put up a fake link saying that it was the first appearance of the G2010 that would redirect to a particular Rick Astley music video, I feel like that would have some bad consequences. :flamed:

I'm probably going to be checking ASGI for any signs of a preorder, since if they somehow do get an order from G&G (if maybe that May 5th was when they would be available for order through whatever their distributor is, if they have one) and thus put the guns up for preorder today, that will most likely be the first store in the US to get it. I wonder, though, if it's going to be anything like the release of the G&G SIG 550 last year, where it came out in HK (with high shipping costs) like 2 months before it even showed up here in the states for the same price, just without the shipping.

Looks like its been pushed back again to june, as I heard on ASF that they are still taking their time on working out the kinks. Either this is going to be a really bad gun, or a really good gun. What I am wondering is, ARES had tons of marketing and pre-release reviews and such for their TAR, and other companies like CA and TM did that for some of their new releases when they were new, so why not this?

Also, beretta where did you order from?

I'm putting money on this not coming out for at least three months.... what really bothers me is the complete lack of pre-orders at the big name shops, this suggests that even the distributors and retailers don't expect this to come out soon.

The fact that they keep pushing it back means that they haven't even produced large enough numbers to make holding them costly...

Delivering on information:

"Alright, I heard from GI today. I called yesterday and asked Frank for an update on the gun, and he had someone get back to me today. They spoke to G&G, and here's the scoop:

They're still finishing the production run, and should be completed in about a month, month and a half. Including shipping and all that, GI's (very rough) ballpark estimate is to expect it in stores around mid-June.

I'm trying to figure out what I think about this. On the one hand, I'm glad they're not rushing it out. Don't want an inferior product rushed out to meet an arbitrary deadline. On the other hand, I wish they'd actually *talk* about it. I want to be reassured that they're just working hard at perfecting an awesome platform, not that the delays are because things keep breaking or because it's besieged with problems.

Any thoughts?"

http://www.airsoftgiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10164&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

The truth is, airsofters are generally a very impatient and fickle crowd. They'll complain and moan how something isn't released yesterday, they'll complain that it's too expensive, they'll complain it doesn't do absolutely everything they believe it should. A company like G&G will innovate and expend an insane amount on a completely new gun like the F2000, and once it's released, you'll hear people start saying stuff like, "looks great! I can't wait for the clone." :rolleyes: The gun will come out when it's ready. Not on the public's schedule, but on their schedule. It's not like they're delaying it deliberately. After spending that much money on the gun, they need to start recouping money ASAP. If people aren't patient enough to wait for the gun, they'll take their money elsewhere. Delaying the release probably won't hurt their sales in the grand scheme of things. The F2000 is a popular enough model that anyone genuinely interested in the gun will eventually get it.

I agree, but from a business standpoint, and not always avoidable, it doesn't look good when you say something is going to be released on X date, and it gets pushed back.

I cant wait for it :)

There's no pleasing you. They only did that, like, several friggin times. :P

Oh, and I can't wait for the clone. :P

But seriously, despite being annoyed, when the gun does get released, I'll slam the order button so hard I'll have to buy a new mouse too. It's a matter of positioning the mouse pointer over the order button, then murder the *fruitcage* out of that mouse with something big and heavy (no, not my wife). :waggle:

Archived