G&G G2000 info Thread

ultimentra

I didn't mention anything about the price in this thread, but over in the SIG thread where I had seen that RA-Tech link, I mentioned that the $590 that you see is not all that bad of a price. Maybe the gun isn't going to be anywhere near as heavy as the G&G SIG 550, but when I ordered mine from HK, the shipping was something around $80. So, if you consider that the RA-Tech price includes shipping and an 11.1V lipo (listed at $60 on their site) and a charger (listed at about $17 on their site), you realize shipping is only about $120, assuming the $395 price you see at WGC is what it will be. That extra bit could also just be covering shipping costs to different locations as well, since maybe it's slightly more expensive to ship to some countries, and that would account for that. I don't find it too unreasonable, especially given they're the first major retailer (that I've seen) with it in stock and available for sale. I'll probably be waiting for it to arrive at a US retailer to get it.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those thinking it's a complete V6, it isn't. G&G took a really long time because they were creating their own gearbox system, and needed to continuously make sure it was working right. Now, it's most likely BASED off of a V6, but it isn't a complete V6. It's probably something very similar to ARES' Tavor gearbox, besides the hopup chamber.

If you go to page 9 of the manual that was posted, it looks pretty similar to a V6. I'm thinking it is a V6 with just a system to allow it to have adjustable FPS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I handled both the RS and G&G AEG at Shot Show this year. The G&G felt more realistic than even the real one did. The real one felt like a toy. The G&G one looked and felt like you'd expect how the real deal should be. $395 is a very acceptable price for what I handled. If it shoots as nice as it felt, it'll be an awesome gun.

As for comparing G&G's prices to Ares' prices, keep in mind that the Ares guns are made in Hong Kong and China. G&G's are made in Taiwan. Based on cost of labor, molding, machining and tooling costs in Taiwan, you guys should be forming a lynch mob after Ares for ripping you off compared to the prices G&G is asking. G&G's prices are very competitive and fair given what it costs to make them.

Trades or no trades, this gun just needs to be reliable out of the box with replaceable aftermarket parts and the price, I can live with it. I wonder what issues are being ironed out right now?

As for comparing G&G's prices to Ares' prices, keep in mind that the Ares guns are made in Hong Kong and China. G&G's are made in Taiwan. Based on cost of labor, molding, machining and tooling costs in Taiwan, you guys should be forming a lynch mob after Ares for ripping you off compared to the prices G&G is asking. G&G's prices are very competitive and fair given what it costs to make them.

Don't be inciting people to violence so quickly. :rolleyes:

ARES had to do a lot more original work and harder work than G&G for the Tavor, what with the original gearbox design and the one-piece body, even if ARES' costs are lower. G&G's cost are higher, but they're using an existing gearbox design (massive savings in time, money and effort), and a two-piece (clam shell) receiver.

Then there's actual assembly, the Tavor is one of the most difficult AEGs to put together. Looking at the FN2010, it does not look nearly as bad (V6 + clam shell receiver being less of a headache than a proprietary gearbox + one piece receiver).

The tavor isnt really that difficult to put together, its tedious in the way they've designed it but thats down to themselves. even if they abandoned the hop attached to the gearbox design the build would be a lot handier.

This G2010 isn't an over the counter gearbox either though, so its not like they could just buy in a bulk load and throw em in the gun. :)

on the same topic though, I said it in my reviews of the Tavor, its overly expensive for what you get. it should cost about half of what it does in order to be worth it and only then would i reccomend it, dispite it being one of my favourate AEGs. :)

Looking at the dissassembly pictures, it seems the gearbox can be removed just like the AUG and P90 with the removal of the rear gearbox plate. Thats quite good news if that is the case.

Looking at the dissassembly pictures, it seems the gearbox can be removed just like the AUG and P90 with the removal of the rear gearbox plate. Thats quite good news if that is the case.

It does yep, its quite easy to get out aswell, yet holds really tightly in there when inserted.

on the same topic though, I said it in my reviews of the Tavor, its overly expensive for what you get. it should cost about half of what it does in order to be worth it and only then would i reccomend it, dispite it being one of my favourate AEGs. :)

Sorry but how can you say the tavor is overly expensive for what you get, when the f2000 is on par with it price wise? and for what you get with it?

Sorry but how can you say the tavor is overly expensive for what you get, when the f2000 is on par with it price wise? and for what you get with it?

Because i own both, and the Tavor needs quote a lot of work to make it a good usable gun. its a tedious strip down with silly pushrods and uses lots of unique parts, has fire select problems, mag catch is very sensitive, mags rattle in it, and the wiring gets biten in the bolt cover sometimes when you cock it. you don't get as much value for money as ya do with this F2000, in my opinion. I think it should cost about half as much as it does, but after some tuning i love it. not as comfy as an AUG or F2000 but a decent gun.

Being a bullpup user, I honestly feel comfortable with all guns including the Tavor. The FS2000 I shot was good, but I bet the balancing of the airsoft G2010's weight distribution is different to the real gun so I have to wait and see. I hope that G2010 Hunter version gets released soon.

By the way Beretta, does the charging handle do anything? And is there a nice hole in the ejection port from the front view or is it all solid without any hole for casings to be ejected on the real gun?

I am not understanding whats keeping you. If you don't post anything else then I am going to go ahead and say you don't actually have it.

Is G&G going to come to your house with the Taiwanese yakuza and steal your firstborn child? <_<

Agreed,

At the very least explain why you cannot tell us more.

I hope Beretta is testing out the gun thoroughly till something goes wrong for sure because G&G better succeed with this gun. OR I will regret if another company makes a F2000 model.

By the way Beretta, does the charging handle do anything? And is there a nice hole in the ejection port from the front view or is it all solid without any hole for casings to be ejected on the real gun?

Nope, the cocking handle doesnt really have a function bi it can be locked back. Its a proper realistic lever on this one though. The ejection port has a flip down metal cover on it that you can flip open or closed.

i think someone said a few pages back it uses TM mags, so pretty much all standerd mags should work

hopefully green lable pmags will anywaymellow.gif

Hi, I thought i posted a reply to ya earlier, but forgot. The design of the mag well on these mean it isnt compatible with Pmags im afraid. its close, but i wouldn't force it, with some filing you could get them in though i reckon. :)

Delivering on information:

"Alright, I heard from GI today. I called yesterday and asked Frank for an update on the gun, and he had someone get back to me today. They spoke to G&G, and here's the scoop:

They're still finishing the production run, and should be completed in about a month, month and a half. Including shipping and all that, GI's (very rough) ballpark estimate is to expect it in stores around mid-June.

I'm trying to figure out what I think about this. On the one hand, I'm glad they're not rushing it out. Don't want an inferior product rushed out to meet an arbitrary deadline. On the other hand, I wish they'd actually *talk* about it. I want to be reassured that they're just working hard at perfecting an awesome platform, not that the delays are because things keep breaking or because it's besieged with problems.

Any thoughts?"

http://www.airsoftgi...t&sd=a&start=20

Hey, that's me! ;)

That was the last I heard from Frank. At that point, I figured I'd just wait till I hear more. I'll update you guys as soon as I hear from him, if you'd like. (Though at this point it seems a bit moot).

I bought a FAL to tide me over.

Hi, I thought i posted a reply to ya earlier, but forgot. The design of the mag well on these mean it isnt compatible with Pmags im afraid. its close, but i wouldn't force it, with some filing you could get them in though i reckon. :)

This is accurate to the real thing.

P-mags wont fit a real F2000, e-mags however should fit fine.

...just FYI, the G&G G2010 is allready available from RA-Tech:

GG_001.jpg

GG_001_d1.jpg

GG_001_d2.jpg

GG_001_d3.jpg

Specification:

* 1*Battery : 11.1v 1600 mah

* 1*11.1v Charger

* Free shipping

* Material Aluminum/Nylon/Fiber/Zinc/Plastic/Stainless

* Overall Length 703 mm

* Weight 3200g

* Gear box bearing 8mm ball bearing

* Motor 25000 rpm Hi-torque Long axis

* Inner Barrel Length 430 mm

* Magazine 450 Rounds

* Muzzle Velocity 90-100m/sec with 0.2gBB

590USD incl. shipping, LiPo battery and LiPo charger

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/agent_product/electric_product/gg/rag_agent_pro_e_gg.php

DOC

Archived