Repro Garmin Foretrex 101

1st_shooter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that AFG clone in 2010 or 2009? I forget, I'm pretty sure its 2010, if so that still gets the MOST pointless clone, its clone, but lower quality, and basically the same price! I agree I'm on the boat here, I'll ask for another two boats while I'm boarding. But to be fair, all these people its only $100 for a real one.. erm ONLY? I'll take a gun and $15 fake that I can put a compass in or something over a $100 original. Its to complete a loadout, not for practical airsofting. Like has been said, you truly become a master of airsoft when you realise it is grown men dressing up in military gear running around the woods shooting little plastic balls at each other in make believe battle.

This is the most worthless piece of junk you can buy. Save money, save weight, and save looking like the part rather than being the part so you can spend that $15 on bb's. BB's are more useful. I am sure I will get flak for this post but who cares. If it was not for call of duty then 90% of airsofters would never of heard or seen this GPS.

On another note real GPS is a good piece to have at our games cause we use GPS grids for nav on objectives and for air strikes... and with that said if it tickles your fancy then go for it! I prefer to be lighter and get rid of everything I don't need to be faster and lighter. This is however added to the must haves if you want to be ubb3r l337 haxz0rs.

If it was not for call of duty then 90% of airsofters would never of heard or seen this GPS.

...and?

Not to derail the thread too hard, but I don't understand what's so wrong about getting the same equipment that was in a popular film or game. People have bitched about the ACR, about digital camo, about masks with skulls on and now about fake GPS. What's the point in moaning? Someone thinks it looks cool or useful, so they get one, only to find people getting all high and mighty on them that they knew about this item first or whatever. Who cares?

Hell, I got tigerstripe camo because of MGS3 :P

well, because my opinion is so important, i will put it here for you all to enjoy.

1st - I have a real one. If i did not however, i would feel happy ordering from EBB. Why? Because they are very good. and i am a big homo.

2nd - I have a real one. If i did not however, i would buy a this piece of plastic replica. Why? Because the real one is used for show. Like im actually going to use a gps unit playing airsoft.

3rd - I soon may not have a real one. Selling mine for £100 and then buying a replica for £10 = £90 profit. success. I can spend that money doing big homo things.

that is all.

PS. To me, airsoft =fashion parade. I wear kit because it looks nice, not because it actually does anything.

pps, anyone who thinks i am a retard because of this, is probably right.

I don't think the real ones are that BB proof so a dummy one for your CAG etc rig is a must have.

Never really seen the point of carting anything unneccesary onto the field.

Either modify a real one to protect it from BBs or forget about it.

Still, probably handy for walting.

well, because my opinion is so important, i will put it here for you all to enjoy.

1st - I have a real one. If i did not however, i would feel happy ordering from EBB. Why? Because they are very good. and i am a big homo.

2nd - I have a real one. If i did not however, i would buy a this piece of plastic replica. Why? Because the real one is used for show. Like im actually going to use a gps unit playing airsoft.

3rd - I soon may not have a real one. Selling mine for £100 and then buying a replica for £10 = £90 profit. success. I can spend that money doing big homo things.

that is all.

PS. To me, airsoft =fashion parade. I wear kit because it looks nice, not because it actually does anything.

pps, anyone who thinks i am a retard because of this, is probably right.

This entire post had me in stitches. :rofl:

Never really seen the point of carting anything unneccesary onto the field.

Either modify a real one to protect it from BBs or forget about it.

Still, probably handy for walting.

I think folks look over things like the SEAL thread and come up with these products. It does boggle my mind.

If the real ones weren't junk it would be worth buying the real one. GPS is pretty handy, you never know when you need it. Unfortunately unless you drop the same on one of the real ones as a much more powerful unit it sucks, so a dummy is a good alternative.

As for ebaybanned, they suck, don't waste your money. I placed an order and every three days after a 14 day period I sent an email, and for a short while the response was "your item should arrive shortly", then it changed to "your items hasn't shipped yet we will give you tracking # soon", then after about two weeks of that nonsense I sent another email asking if it shipped and I was told it was out of stock and I would need to wait another month for it to come back in stock. I asked for a refund, three days later, no refund, I opened a paypal claim and had a refund within half an hour.

the good part, I got my money pack.

The bad part, they should have been honest up front and told me it was out of stock.

Because they dragged me along like that for a month I will never shop there again and I spent well over $1k last year there, and I will say people should avoid them. If you are going to take my money TELL ME WHAT THE *fruitcage* YOU ARE DOING WITH IT. I should not have had to open a paypal claim, that is essentially getting told you are terrible at what you do, especially if you are a internet retail shop. Honestly I think some people take paypal claims much more lightly than they should, and I think paypal takes them to lightly too, there should be some form of resource where you can see how many claims have been opened against a user in the past year or so, just to give recourse for any poor business practices used by the may frauds and scammers out there.

Also someone mentioned Jesse at EBB I don't think he's real. If you notice Jesse sends emails almost exclusively from Paul's email account, and so do all the other supposed employees. I have heard from someone who has been to EBB's shop that it is a one man show, so Jesse is a "made up" fall guy for when Paul drops the ball.

Well I've spent well over $1k and NEVER had a problem so its pot luck I guess then.

EDIT: And almost exclusively in small orders, a single item or two, as EBB already include shipping in their prices I see no reason to wait to make a big order, in fact if the item is cheap enough it'll go through customs without any charges saving me a LOT of money.

only $15 but this sickens me A: because i have just renounced EBB and never going back, but also because i just ordered my real one!

yeah, but your real one will, you know, work.

please dont tell me that you bought a real one specifically for looking 1337 on the field. i'm hoping you bought it for a practical reason, in which case it's irrelevant that a NON WORKING dummy is available for peanuts.

Also someone mentioned Jesse at EBB I don't think he's real. If you notice Jesse sends emails almost exclusively from Paul's email account, and so do all the other supposed employees. I have heard from someone who has been to EBB's shop that it is a one man show, so Jesse is a "made up" fall guy for when Paul drops the ball.

I've delt with other companies in Asia where all the email went to one addy. I think it helps the boss keep his thumb on the staff.

Well im not sure i may get one anyways if anyone else stocks this or if they show up on ebay. There isnt any need to Moan as this is quite clearly a niche market that is being catered for, Ie the people that want to get all the perfect little touches in there SF setup. I actualy ordered the real 401 version as its more easily available and higher end in advancment but did just set me back £150 so i shall see. but i do plan to use it at larger Milsim sites and in other activities that arnt airsoft related.

also you are my new favourite guy here

cheers fella means a lot.

shooter is right, i dont see why its such an issue. If you dont want one, dont get one. sitting here bitching about it seems kind of...

oh yeah, thats right, this is an airsoft message board. I forgot, we do that kind of thing. :/

TBH for those "Kamra-hoars" who stand there with a full load out etc this will serve some purpose but other than tan quite... pointless!

Like people said above, dont want one dont buy one *Simples!* :D

I wont get one but there are those who sit there and are like "WOW! I can be like CODz!" and they drop £10 here and £5 there and they end up with hundreds of pounds of CR4P to look like Soap, ghost or someone else from COD. WHY?!

I also think IW/Activision trawl airsoft sites etc to get ideas :blink: then the chinese/clone companies copy COD.. NEVERENDING CIRCLE FFS

TBH for those "Kamra-hoars" who stand there with a full load out etc this will serve some purpose but other than tan quite... pointless!

Like people said above, dont want one dont buy one *Simples!* :D

I wont get one but there are those who sit there and are like "WOW! I can be like CODz!" and they drop £10 here and £5 there and they end up with hundreds of pounds of CR4P to look like Soap, ghost or someone else from COD. WHY?!

I also think IW/Activision trawl airsoft sites etc to get ideas :blink: then the chinese/clone companies copy COD.. NEVERENDING CIRCLE FFS

You answered your own question.

if my foretrex is too waltalicious then thats fine, but dont be a player hater.

I thought the gear section was because we can see what setup works and what doesn't?

j/k LOLz.

If that was the case the OTV would never have been introduced :6

Yeah yeah, airsoft = man jewelry. Queer Eye for the straight guy *shudders*

I've delt with other companies in Asia where all the email went to one addy. I think it helps the boss keep his thumb on the staff.

A possibility, but it dosen't help when I've heard multiple accounts that there isn't more than one person working there.

i don’t see what the big issue is...

yes its just a waste of plastic. but its the same as using a MBITR dummy radio , dummy PEQ box , dummy night vision scopes , dummy grenades , dummy knifes , dummy distress markers , dummy bullet belts , dummy sapi plates , the KA dummy life preserver! , dummy handcuffs ( the cable tie ones) , fake PACA armour ( it serves no purpose ) ect...

the list goes on and on

but all these things are used to complete 'looks'

and me personally wont spend loads of money on real SAPI plates or a real MBITR radio or a real PEQ box because :

1. i don’t have the money for that as this is just a hobby

2. why should i shell out loads of money on something just to complete a 'look' when buying a fake one will still serve the same purpose.

just my 2p

if you don’t like the fake things don’t buy them.. no one is forcing you too....

tbh the only problem I have with it is that companies will only replicate stuff that seems to cater to people like SEAL players, there is every kind of replica RAS, plate carrier or whatever for doing stuff like SEALS, and now even a fake gps thing, whereas if you are doing a brit loadout you are pretty much *fruitcage*ed if you want a RAS on your rifle, or an LLM for example. I suppose supply and demand...

It's entirely pointless, but it looks cool. Like the pointy flash-hider on one of my AEG's.

If you're into being practical, don't buy one, or get a real one.

If you're into mil-sim, but don't have a use for it, it'll be a nice touch on your gucci loadout.

If you think, like me, it'll make you look a tad more badass, then buy one.

I'm with Kousnik on this one - I botched an M3 light onto my USP, and i now can't get the batteries out - I don't care, because it looks awesome.

Archived