500,000 fake guns and chuck norris uber-fan

mrpugster

"Half of all gun-enabled crime, including street robberies, involves imitation weapons that have either been converted to fire deadly live ammunition or look so realistic even police can't tell they're fakes."

clearly the reporter didnt even bother to check his facts; home office report

the total number of offences commited using guns; 14,250 of which only 1,511 where imitation fire arms. Thats no even close to a quater, let alone half.

how stupid do people have to be to think you can convert a toy into a real gun

"500,000 fake guns a year reach Britain "

that number includes water pistols , NERF guns everything. I would like to see someone convert a super soaker into being able to fire bullets.

I would like to see someone convert a super soaker into being able to fire bullets.

Flings petrol and have a lighter ready?

But this is just another thing to keep stupid people that read papers like the SUN and STAR happy for another day. It is obviously all balls but then again most reports regarding 'fake guns' are wildly pushed out of proportion.

'FireKnife'

The UK has in fact overtaken the US in all major crimes. However, the UK is, according to the CIA World Fact Book, 'slightly smaller than Oregon'. Oregon has a population of 3.8 million, while the UK has a population of 62 million.

Go be an idiot some place else.

Congratulations. You have quoted some statistics which *vaguely* support your argument.

Here are some that support mine: http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF01.htm

Gun Deaths - International Comparisons

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):

Homicide Suicide Other (inc Accident)

USA (2001) 3.98 5.92 0.36

Italy (1997) 0.81 1.1 0.07

Switzerland (1998) 0.50 5.8 0.10

Canada (2002) 0.4 2.0 0.04

Finland (2003) 0.35 4.45 0.10

Australia (2001) 0.24 1.34 0.10

France (2001) 0.21 3.4 0.49

England/Wales (2002) 0.15 0.2 0.03

Scotland (2002) 0.06 0.2 0.02

Japan (2002) 0.02 0.04 0

Data taken from Cukier and Sidel (2006) The Global Gun Epidemic. Praeger Security International. Westport.

So according to you, more crimes are committed using guns in the UK than in the US and according to me about 2500% more murders are committed using a gun in the US than the UK, 3000% more suicides and 1200% more accidental deaths are recorded.

Back on topic....

I don't even know where to begin dealing with all the inaccurate "information", scaremongering stupidity passed off as fact, and downright lies in this "article".

Why are our "top" police officers so ignorant of the law and determined to punish the innocent instead of stopping the criminals?

*Sigh* :no:

(Air)soft target.

**bu-dum tush**

But yeah, until someone high-up / well respected brings out a white paper or article explaining why its not actually possible to convert an airsoft to fire live ammo we're just gonna see more and more of this *badger*s everytime some idiot chav waves a springer Ak around in his street. A detailed demo on airsoft vs realsteel internals and mechanics is needed at some big newsconference, but then the likes of MAG will just carry on with 'guns am evil' and ignore the downward trend of gun violence in general. If the government were to ban cheap springers being sold ( who actually uses those properly anyway? ) you'd cutoff the supply for RiFs to most nupmties in an instant.

It was kinda a rhetorical question, guys....

I think the main reason is that they do it either because that's what will get them promoted/pay rise/whatever - they don't really believe in it but they just want to get ahead - or they *do* believe in it and that's why they were put into the job in the first place.

Either way, it's the fault of the governmental policies behind this type of policing and law-making. Go after high-publicity (even create that publicity first if you need to with biased reporting and even false reports) easy things you can "ban" which makes you look like you're "touch on crime" to the kind of people too dumb to understand any better than to believe whatever lies the Sun prints around the pictures of boobs....

*sigh* It makes me sad, it really does. Yet what can we do about it?

I pretty much stopped reading/watching the news because I just get so tired of seeing stuff like this, and reports about what Cheryl Cole is doing or not doing. I don't care either way, I honestly don't. And the other stuff, the lies and manipulation and whatever just makes me tired and sad and even a bit depressed sometimes.

So I avoid it. Which I know won't solve anything, but at least it helps me get through the day in my own little world....

If anyone has a good idea that seems workable as to how to turn the tables and try to inject some sense back into the country, I'll happily support it, but I doubt it's even possible any more...

• 1 month later...

The UK has in fact overtaken the US in all major crimes. However, the UK is, according to the CIA World Fact Book, 'slightly smaller than Oregon'. Oregon has a population of 3.8 million, while the UK has a population of 62 million.

Are they talking about land size *square miles/ kilometers* or population ;)

Archived