The G&P Lewis Machine & Tool Co. Monolithic Rail Platform CQB Carbine

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

That, of course, would be the sensible option... Thing is, the way i've got my current MRP configured it's nicely set-up for light scouting and sneaking around... I'd like to have the 14.5 with some kind of zoom scope and a 203 mounted, and it'd take me a good 10 minutes to switch the parts around to re-configure it. That's still really quite quick, but even so - I just want another one. Surely you of all people can understand the desire to have as many AR's as possible? :P

That, and like i said - It's the best AEG i've owned to date, so another one is far from a bad thing. If it was up to me i'd have about 30 of them... Unfortunately, it's up to my bank account, and it currently disagrees with me :(

• 2 weeks later...

hwagan, another good review dude, just read this after you posted reply on your KA PMAG thread. tongue.gif

Looks like great piece of kit, this would be a contender for me but a budget is a budget, and with cash being tight, 400 squid is just 100 too many for me right nowsad.gif

First thing tommorow, call LWA up and see if they have anymore G&P Sentry's in stock smile.gif

Thanks dude - Seeing as i can't spend my life shootin' AEG's, might as well be writin' about them =D

The Sentry matches the MRP in performance, it's exactly the same inside - The rail system is also just as solid as the front end on the MRP - I just love the sleek looks due to the lack of barrel nut. For £100 more, you're not really getting any more significant practicality or usefulness out of the MRP than you are from the Sentry - I just love the MRP so very much.

While i'm here, i may as well add a bit of a skirmish update to the review.

So, it's had approximately 35,000 rounds through it now - I *still* haven't had a single lock-up in semi automatic yet, which is frankly amazing.

Addition of the H nub has made this thing lethally accurate - It's a flat, straight trajectory for around 50-60 metres running at 340fps.

Repeated chronoing over several games has revealed the gearbox FPS variance to be +/- 5 FPS, which is exceptionally good.

Externals are still beat a tree down solid. Very, very minor scratch in the paintwork from a sling buckle rubbing on the rifle.

I haven't had to touch the hop-up since fitting the H nub, a good month and 10,000 odd rounds ago.

I still can't get over how frikkin' awesome this rifle is - I can see myself buying many more M4's, but i can't see any of them ever overtaking this as my primary weapon and favourite toy ever. I'd like to find the guy at G&P who thought of making this thing, and buy him several pints.

As Panoptes says - They ship directly from Scotland, with immensely quick and well priced next day delivery, fantastic customer service and an 18 month warranty. I believe they currently have MRP's in both black and sand in stock as well.

Buy one, it'll be the best thing you'll ever do ;)

Just looked at this thread having not read it for a while and saw uscmCorps lmt.... :o:wub:

I think i may have to purchase one! Has anyone actually measured the range of one of these? Most aeg's i've had have reached out to 150-180ft max, how would this compare? I'd be wanting to use it for both woodland and urban you see!

Hugh

About the same - With an H nub fitted at 340 odd FPS, mine sends rounds out to around 60-65 metres before they hit the ground. Accurate range, assuming there's no wind, is around 50-55 metres with the H nub. Without the H nub, the accurate range was probably about 5 or 10 yards less, but the maximum range was similar with the standard out the box set up.

It's so worth it dude - I'm selling my M7A1 to fund another one wink.gif

I'm selling my one of my KA SR16 E3 to fund the purchase of this riflewink.gif

Got my first G&P last Friday, the Magpul Sentry in Sand/DE, superb piece of kit for CQB. Just waiting for the final pieces of Magpul furniture to put on then I'll post some pictures on the G&P Sentry VLTOR thread.

I will no longer buy KA because of their loose stocks. smile.gif

Got my first G&P last Friday, the Magpul Sentry in Sand/DE, superb piece of kit for CQB. Just waiting for the final pieces of Magpul furniture to put on then I'll post some pictures on the G&P Sentry VLTOR thread.

I will no longer buy KA because of their loose stocks. smile.gif

Nice ain't they? I sold my VIS just because of the wobbly KA stock and other bits. Overall, what do you think of the finish between the 2? I've always said that G&P hands down wins, but a lot of people disagree...

Nice ain't they? I sold my VIS just because of the wobbly KA stock and other bits. Overall, what do you think of the finish between the 2? I've always said that G&P hands down wins, but a lot of people disagree...

Apart from the stock, KA products are top notch (IMHO). I would say both are equal in terms of finish.

Having said that, some of the paint on my G&P Magpul's top rail has allready started to chip due to optic mounts. mad.gif

See i had the paint chipping on my KA VIS... Not just on the rail, but the edges of the magwell as well. My thoughts? KA VLTOR's are usually painted jet black, hence paint chips. G&P's sand rifles suffer the same problems. Whereas the MRP is powder coated, or anodized, or whatever, so it's still almost flawless on mine, and from what i gather the KA SR's have a similar finish.

Paint = Bad.

Some sort of baked/electrolyzed coating = Good.

Well, have been sitting here ummmming and arrrring over what to do.....I took the plunge and ordered one! It will have to wait until the end of the month/some more of my stuff sells to purchase a moe stock, some ladder rail covers and mbus but hopefully it will be lovely to use anyway!

WHat li-po's are you guy's running? 7.4v stock tube?