The G&P Lewis Machine & Tool Co. Monolithic Rail Platform CQB Carbine

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, have been sitting here ummmming and arrrring over what to do.....I took the plunge and ordered one! It will have to wait until the end of the month/some more of my stuff sells to purchase a moe stock, some ladder rail covers and mbus but hopefully it will be lovely to use anyway!

WHat li-po's are you guy's running? 7.4v stock tube?

7.4 1200's, they fit perfectly and last about 2000 rounds - I wouldn't say there's much need for an 11.1 over in the UK, as it's a weaker spring so you still get a fantastic rate of fire out of the 7.4's. I'd guess about 1000-1100rpm, excellent trigger response and overall goodness. These things are pretty much perfectly sorted for UK use out of the box.

Blimey! That is a tad pokey... Saying that, when i ordered mine i did ask LWA specifically to chrono a few and send me one under 350. Glad there's finally others in the UK i know own one!

*edit* BigAl - Sorry, missed your post - The sand one isn't technically sand as such; It just comes with a tan pistol grip, tan ladders and a tan sopmod stock. Nice selection of pictures on the G&P website;

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2507

Edited by hwagan

Mine all sorted now...Moe stock, grip, asap plate, pts m version p-mags, madbull h nub. I fitted a guarder sp90 spring but this dropped the fps down to 290, so i trimmed 2 coils from the standard spring which has dropped it to 350. Also had to solder on new motor connectors as the magul motor plate wouldn't sit over the end of the motor properly with the screw in style connectors.

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

Anyone know of a USA based retail/online distributor for the G&P GP909L MRP (Long Version) with the 14.5-inch medium barrel and not the 10.5-inch short barrel that the gun was originally released with? Or optionally where to purchase the longer barrel separately?

RedWolfAirsoft.com has the short barrel version only right now.

G&P GP909L MRP (Long Version)

gp909l_copy1.jpg

gp909la_copy1.jpg

I agree that it's a beautiful gun. It's so new it's not even in the HK stores yet. But I would think it should show up soon.

I wouldn't hold your breath on it ever being in stock in US stores. I mean, which US webseller has the largest selection of *in stock* G&P AEGs? Evike? AirsoftOutletNW? Or? What percentage is what they have in stock relative to G&P's total selection of AEGs? 20%??

I think options are pretty limited. Once it shows up in HK, buy from there, or again, once you know that it's being distributed, perhaps contact the guys at OutletNW and see what they have to say.

Thanks for that Hwang, have seen that before come to think of it. Wish they would do a proper tan version with tam metalwork aswell as furniture.

A ) Best mis-spelling of my username ever wink.gif

B ) You could get a tan lower, but i'm not sure about the upper - Maybe spraying it would be an option, but you'd lose the laser engraved markings which would be a shame.

As for the 14.5, i'm desperately wanting one to be released.. The idea is get the 14.5 with a '203 and a low zoom optic for woodland and keep my 10.5 as is for CQB.

Spring wise, i think it's either a 110 or a 120; I clipped the spring on mine to get it within CQB limits, and it hasn't affected the gearbox performance at all.

Edited by hwagan
  • 2 months later...

can't find the 14.5 inch barrel anywhere for sale. Making me very sad sad.gif((

The original 'stock' 14.5 version didn't really show up in any stores; I think G&P have now chosen to accessorize it a bit in the hope it'll sell better;

http://www.gp-web.com/en/newspop.php?nid=1636

Comes with a Pmag, VLTOR stock, IA grip and some other bits; Should be hitting stores in a couple of weeks i imagine. I want one!

There was a bit of discussion about that in the news thread - Evike is ripping people off something serious; There's nothing at all limited edition about the 14.5, it's just Evike realised noone was stocking them and is trying to scam an extra $100 out of people.

I'd hang on for the 'Combat' version - Chances are it'll be stocked in a few more places and won't be as ridiculously priced.

Here it is. Only place in the US that has it. Outrageously priced.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_219&products_id=32984

I would never order evike haha damn!

Also crud I hope G&P does not raise price for that sin grip and stock...I do like the new flip ups better though but that stock and grip have got to go.

The SOPMOD stock goes for about the same as the VLTOR, so that's not likely to put it up - I'm guessing it'll be around $450 - I'll be ditching the stock and grip and selling those on to fund some magpul replacements, so in the end it shouldn't work out much pricier than the 10.5.

I was planning the same, I think the UBR stock will look amazing on this!

Ha, nice to know when i get mine it'll have a twin over the pond :) That's exactly my plan 'n all.

What sort of optic are you going for? I am thinking the Specter 4x scope. I have no idea how much the replica with the 1x and 4x will be, so I'll stick to the cheaper. Any word on when this MRP will actually be available??

Generally when stuff is under 'hot news' on G&P's webby, it means it's been produced and released - I'd imagine it to hit HK stores in about a month from that date, which seems the usual time length, and was about the time between G&P's announcement and hitting stores when the 10.5 was released.

Optics wise, i've got a T-1 on my 10.5 setup, and i'm thinking something bulkier would look good on the 14.5 - Either a ZISM red dot, or possibly an Eotech 552. I'm not a huge fan of the SpectreDR... Was also considering an Aimpoint M4... There's just too many choices! :P

• 1 month later...