The G&P Lewis Machine & Tool Co. Monolithic Rail Platform CQB Carbine

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's Christmas season, I guess parcel logistics must be a nightmare not to mention crazy order processing on the part of retailers.

Sorry, no update on the GP barrels yet! Keeping my fingers crossed. Guess GP's busy with other things. Did find a Prime stainless 12.5" equivalent for the GBBR MRPs though. LOL

It's Christmas season, I guess parcel logistics must be a nightmare not to mention crazy order processing on the part of retailers.

Sorry, no update on the GP barrels yet! Keeping my fingers crossed. Guess GP's busy with other things. Did find a Prime stainless 12.5" equivalent for the GBBR MRPs though. LOL

Hopefully they're busy making the Car-15/Colt 607 already... So who makes the upper on your MRP GBBR build, i'm guessing Prime? I've seen the Bomber/G&P one on G&P's website... if only i understood GBBR's/wasn't poor..

Hopefully they're busy making the Car-15/Colt 607 already... So who makes the upper on your MRP GBBR build, i'm guessing Prime? I've seen the Bomber/G&P one on G&P's website... if only i understood GBBR's/wasn't poor..

Yes it's Prime. I think only Prime made the MRP for GBBR. Wait. I could be wrong. I think there was some small Chinese factory that tried to make an MRP for GBBR but failed miserably.

I know Bomber sells complete builds which seem to be made out of Prime + GP parts. I've compared a Prime receiver vs a bomber build receiver. Seem to be from the same place. So that's my guess, but I'm not 100% sure. I"m guessing the parts are from Prime and G&P and Bomber is just the guys who put it together and sell it in a package.

• 2 weeks later...

My MRP will be here this week, Jump'en up and down with joy. Dam Evike took long enough. What do you guys think of MOSFET from redwolf? I've seen posts about the Sentry having problems in semi. Just thought this might help. Let me know if any of you have installed them. Ditching the anti reversal latch would be great.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Misc_Gearbox_Parts_Airsoft_Systems_Smart_Control_Unit.htm

Edited by Special K
  • 2 weeks later...

People will probably come to my house and cut me for saying this, but i've never felt the need for a MOSFET. My MRP isn't far off of 100k rounds, and the trigger response from the 7.4 lipo i use it in is as good as it was on day 1. Same with my XM177 and M4A1, which are a little newer but the M4A1 is almost at 50k rounds.

Then again, i'm very much a 'not broken, don't fix it' kinda guy... I'm sure deans connectors, a mosfet, an 11.1, short stroked swiss-cheese piston, RiotSC gears and all that would improve my trigger response by 7 individual 100th's of a second... But it'd also cost half the price of the gun and several useful hours of my limited existence. If anyone can really use those 7 hundredths of a second to save the world, they should probably be in the real world and not playing airsoft.

Saying that, a fet will save the trigger contacts some wear and tear - If you want mental high RoF or to never ever have a minor electrical issue then go for it, but they're not going to turn your gun into a doom-bringing supergun.

People will probably come to my house and cut me for saying this, but i've never felt the need for a MOSFET. My MRP isn't far off of 100k rounds, and the trigger response from the 7.4 lipo i use it in is as good as it was on day 1. Same with my XM177 and M4A1, which are a little newer but the M4A1 is almost at 50k rounds.

Then again, i'm very much a 'not broken, don't fix it' kinda guy... I'm sure deans connectors, a mosfet, an 11.1, short stroked swiss-cheese piston, RiotSC gears and all that would improve my trigger response by 7 individual 100th's of a second... But it'd also cost half the price of the gun and several useful hours of my limited existence. If anyone can really use those 7 hundredths of a second to save the world, they should probably be in the real world and not playing airsoft.

Saying that, a fet will save the trigger contacts some wear and tear - If you want mental high RoF or to never ever have a minor electrical issue then go for it, but they're not going to turn your gun into a doom-bringing supergun.

LOL

I'm not looking for anything near so extreme. I was more concerned with the locking on semi issues I've read with regards to the G&P sentry thread. Was concerned that the MRP gear box might have the same issue. I thought the MOSFET might help since you can ditch the anti reverse latch when you install one.

I also figured it might help with spring life since it full cycles the piston. Granted this can be done by a trigger pull on semi. I'm staying with the stock spring strength. I'm not thinking at all about making a lipo powered white laser, in fact it was you that convinced me to stay 7.4 lipo. I was just tossing the idea around to see if you every had a locking in semi issue with this gun; What you might have done to correct it or make sure it dose not happen. If anyone ever put a MOSFET in this model or any other G&P gear box and what the results were.

Really just looking for more input from you and others on this AEG's long term issues if any. What I might look forward to in any corrections if needed.

I agree totally that the added split second trigger response might not save the day, though it is a nice side effect. Thanks for you continued help. .

Edited by Special K

LOL

I'm not looking for anything near so extreme. I was more concerned with the locking on semi issues I've read with regards to the G&P sentry thread. Was concerned that the MRP gear box might have the same issue. I thought the MOSFET might help since you can ditch the anti reverse latch when you install one.

I also figured it might help with spring life since it full cycles the piston. Granted this can be done by a trigger pull on semi. I'm staying with the stock spring strength. I'm not thinking at all about making a lipo powered white laser, in fact it was you that convinced me to stay 7.4 lipo. I was just tossing the idea around to see if you every had a locking in semi issue with this gun; What you might have done to correct it or make sure it dose not happen. If anyone ever put a MOSFET in this model or any other G&P gear box and what the results were.

Really just looking for more input from you and others on this AEG's long term issues if any. What I might look forward to in any corrections if needed.

I agree totally that the added split second trigger response might not save the day, though it is a nice side effect. Thanks for you continued help. .

Yeah, sorry, might have gone off on one slightly there! :P

Basically what i mean to say is a Mosfet is a good idea in the long run, i can't really argue against that... I just tend to think of them as something else to go wrong and take up space in the buffer tube. They will undoubtedly help to preserve parts, but i don't think they're not quite the magic bullet everyone makes them out to be in a stock gun. I guess it just irks me a little that people act as if i've forgotten to put BB's in my mags when i tell them i don't bother with mosfets. Personally i'd rather have a gun that lasts 150,000 rounds without the need for a small computer and loads of tiny fiddly complicated soldered wires for an extra few thousand rounds out of the mechanical parts.

Really though, i'm probably not the best person to ask about Mosfets - I consider them a kind of voodoo witchcraft, and i'm usually confused by anything that isn't mechanical. Digital cameras still make my brain hurt.

As for the Sentry gearbox, my friend had the semi auto issue - It took a while to figure the bug out, but basically due to the complicated and fiddly nature of using a NiMh in the VLTOR stock, a small part of the wire had become a little frayed - Replacing the entire wiring loom completely solved the issue completely after i couldn't discover any mechanical faults with the gun. Being that the MRP isn't designed to accept a NiMh, i can't see this becoming an issue unless you accidentally trap the wire somehow, but that's quite difficult to do unless you're really careless.

So really, if you're happy fitting/having a mosfet fitted and you don't mind the loss of space in the buffer tube/slightly more careful battery changes it's probably a good idea.. I just wouldn't call it necessary - The Sentry semi lock up issue seems to have been fairly random, and most reports i've seen have been users with NiMh packs.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else seen this?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-mrp-aeg-short-black.html

That lower can eat my fiery rage, but the upper looks pretty damn awesome... I want one.

I'm thinking about getting one of these. Personally I like the lower, it's not as nice as the lmt lower, but it's not horrible. The grip and stock though, they may be replaced in time. I do have some questions maybe you guys can answer. Why is it so much cheaper than the normal mrp? (280 compared to 400 for a normal one) G&P doesn't have the short MRP ris on their website, so how is Ehobby getting one? Lastly, could ehobby be selling a normal mrp upper and have just photoshopped a shorter one, is there any way for me to find out that I will get one of these cool shorter ris systems? I know you guys probably can't answer these questions with any 100% certainty, but this is the only MRP review on the internet that I could find.

Thanks,

Racer

I'm thinking about getting one of these. Personally I like the lower, it's not as nice as the lmt lower, but it's not horrible. The grip and stock though, they may be replaced in time. I do have some questions maybe you guys can answer. Why is it so much cheaper than the normal mrp? (280 compared to 400 for a normal one) G&P doesn't have the short MRP ris on their website, so how is Ehobby getting one? Lastly, could ehobby be selling a normal mrp upper and have just photoshopped a shorter one, is there any way for me to find out that I will get one of these cool shorter ris systems? I know you guys probably can't answer these questions with any 100% certainty, but this is the only MRP review on the internet that I could find.

Thanks,

Racer

The lower is just personal opinion really; It'll still be just as nicely made and finished. Plus i guess the trades will be perfectly fine in the U.S.

As for the whether G&P actually make it or not, G&P make an awful lot of things not listed on the website. As well as that, they often supply parts to larger retailers for their own custom lines - For example, WGC Custom BYO guns and Ehobby's Magpul customs. The gun you'll get will be as it is in the picture, Ehobby are a very reliable retailer and won't go photoshopping fake guns they don't sell.

Price difference could be a number of factors; Firstly, there's less metal in it without any extra machining, there's no engraving on the lower as it's all laser etched, etc.

If you do get one, get some pics up!

Okay, thanks, I didn't know that G&P custom made things for certain shop's. I've worked with Ehobby before and they've been great, I'm always just a little suspicious of things that can be " to good to be true". I'm hoping to get one asap, but that means selling a gun or two to make space for this one. Thanks for your help!