This is why I hate CNN

aznriptide859

Rick sanchez is a reporter for cnn covering the earthquake in Chile and the subsequent tsunami warnings in Hawaii. He first off confuses the Galapagos islands for hawaii, does not know that he is in charge of the broadcast, asks a sceintist what 9 meters is in english, and then gets angry at the scientist after he asks the obviously confused scientist a nonsensical question that he fails to answer. All in all, the dude acts like hes on coke.

Ah that ones a classic xD!! However, I do wonder what answers you'd to those same questions on the streets of Birmingham or some other place with a high percentage of ignorance. But yes, where am that vid on you tube, sounds funny.

And what was the recent one where the guest kept going on about how Obama and Chaimberlain were both appeasers yet had no idea what Chaimberlain actually did to appease Hitler? That was also highly amusing.

To be fair, I think there are many people in ANY country you care to name that are ignorant about everything outside their own little bubble of life.

I don't think it makes them terrifyingly stupid but it IS kinda worrying when they've forgotten stuff that they were obviously taught at school.

Also, you gotta factor in a certain amount of pressure.

When a camera crew rolls up to you in the street and a guy jams a microphone in your face and asks you what Napoleons first name was, for example, you're probably going to think it's a trick question and then your brain will spit out the first thing it thinks of just as an attempt to satisfy them.

Archived