Yet another which gun I should buy

swannie_2006

Hello all,

I am considering buying a CQB backup gun. Since my primary is an M4 it is sounds logical to buy another M4. I stumbled across these two babies.

An AGM and an A&K stubby M4:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/AGM-037-M4-...al_AQS9N~0.aspx

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/A-K-M4-Stub...dy_APRMJ~0.aspx

I admit my knowledge of decent chinese clones is somewhat lacking (apart from the fact that the A&K M249 kicks *albatross*) so I don't know which make I should go for. Is there any major difference between the two? Or should I randomly choose because it wouldn't make any difference?

Thanks

get a KWA mp7 :D (it will probably turn into your primary! :lol: )

Good point, totally agree.

Get a decent primary (not another crumby M16-a-like) & you won't need a 'back up'.

Flog your M4 & it's mags, get a KSC/KWA MP7. See the gas pistol review thread for details. ;)

Save money & cupboard space, why have two rubbish guns, when you can have one, spectacular one. :D

Greg.

I have seen Galactica being quite disappointed with his mp7 once. :D also, my primary M4 is quite reliable. But it never hurts to have a back up just in case. Many times I found myself letting my backup to team mates (woodland games we are talking here) it might happen at cqb games as well.

final point to stick to the M4: it will cost me 140 GBP to get that M4. If I wanted a KWA mp7 (which I did want at one point) would cost me 400 GBP at least (including mags , etc).

But thanks for the advice guys. Should I win the lottery I'll buy a KWA mp7. And I buy another p90 for Andrew :P

I have seen Galactica being quite disappointed with his mp7 once. :D also, my primary M4 is quite reliable. But it never hurts to have a back up just in case. Many times I found myself letting my backup to team mates (woodland games we are talking here) it might happen at cqb games as well.

final point to stick to the M4: it will cost me 140 GBP to get that M4. If I wanted a KWA mp7 (which I did want at one point) would cost me 400 GBP at least (including mags , etc).

But thanks for the advice guys. Should I win the lottery I'll buy a KWA mp7. And I buy another p90 for Andrew :P

I agree. Galactica was disappointed by his MP7,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, once!

Have a word with him & see what he says. I doubt that one occasion will have him recommending a pair of stoner's, over a single MP7. Seriously, ask him. It's not poker, in this case, a pair (of jokers :D ) doesn't beat a king.

I see your financial argument but you are not factoring in the money you will get for flogging your existing kit. Or the fact that you will end up with a single piece of very high quality kit.

On a serious note (for just one second), this is airsoft & you should go for whatever you like. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the guns you have selected, to advise you appropriately. It's also nice that you are considering your team mates. I used to be 'lend your mates everything guy' but after a while, you start to feel 'used' rather than 'useful'. Now I'm 'look after no.1 & don't be taken for granted guy'. ;)

Greg.

how about nice Chinese clone mp5?

That's funny.

That's like the op saying "I want two trips to Chessington World of Adventures".

I'm saying "Why don't you got to DisneyWorld?"

& you're suggesting a trip down the rec! :D

Greg.

@greg:

That's funny.

That's like the op saying "I want two trips to Chessington World of Adventures".

I'm saying "Why don't you got to DisneyWorld?"

& you're suggesting a trip down the rec!

not to mention I already have a Galaxy mp5k which I want to get rid of. Turns out mp5s are not my thing. (hence me getting rid of it).

I see your financial argument but you are not factoring in the money you will get for flogging your existing kit. Or the fact that you will end up with a single piece of very high quality kit.

I have no plans of flogging my existing kit. At least not the M4s. My G&P M4 has seen 150K rounds fired through it so far and the only thing I had to change was the bevel gear after like 90K. Me in love with that kit.

It's also nice that you are considering your team mates.

Kinda have to :D Every time we plan to go and play we have to do advanced math calculations to make sure everyone will get a useful gun and still have some backups in case they go fubar. My commander's nickname is "*suitcase* magnet". All kind of failures you can imagine has happened/ is happening/or very likely will happen to him. Just the other day we went to Urban Assault to play their mil-sim Saturday. Previous night his Tavor was flawless. We arrived at the site, kitted up and said Tavor wouldn't even turn the motor once...

I used to be 'lend your mates everything guy' but after a while, you start to feel 'used' rather than 'useful'. Now I'm 'look after no.1 & don't be taken for granted guy'.

I was the other way around. I used to look after only me and wouldn't give a *suitcase* about others. (their problem). Now, I tend to make compromises if I have to to ensure that everyone goes home happy. Once I made the day for my flatmate's wife when I lent her my precious VFC HK416 instead of the crappy kalash AK she got. First time ever I gave her to anyone else and I was worrying all day what she might do to her. Not a nick on her (the gun) and she had one BIG smile on her face when we were driving home. Nevertheless, my HK416 won't be lent again :D She is mine ad mine alone.

I hate lending my stuff. I look after them other people tend not to. ("not mine, I don't care" seem to be their motto). Also, since I am a semi-geardo my kit tends to cost a buck or two. If I do bad things to them I only can blame myself. If they do... I only can hate THEM.

Archived