Who on earth can't crack open an egg?

aznriptide859

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never even concider cooking bacon in a nuke-box! Any raw meat for that matter, thats just a horrible thought.

Given how microwaves work it just is not safe to cook raw meat in one.

The egg cracking machine looks like it will make matters worse, i cannot imadgine that thing working perfectly every time. Its simpler to just crack an egg the old fassioned way into a seperate glass, we have old nuttella glasses that are perfect for this kind of thing (also jellies and angel delight)

ahh well, there are allways lazy people in the world, but then, there are also people who are missing an arm/hand or the function thereof. For those people opening an egg wouldn't be as simple as for us able digited persons- therefore i see a market for this existing.

People saying this will help single handed folks is not thinking this through. We are used to having two hands to complete our tasks, but they are used to one. Therefore they are using that one hand to greater effect than us. Cracking an egg isnt that difficult, even though you screw up from time to time...

Did they really call that thing the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Easy,,,,,,,,,,,, CRACKER?????????? :huh:

Isn't that a racist statement in some states?

How did they get a way with that? 'Easy N-word', would have been sued out of existence. Rightly. I can't believe they are advertising the Easy Cracker. I'm amused, astonished & insulted all at the same time.

Wow!

I would never even concider cooking bacon in a nuke-box! Any raw meat for that matter, thats just a horrible thought.

Given how microwaves work it just is not safe to cook raw meat in one.

I know. It seems weird but is common practice in the US.

I might add, I was first exposed to this in the '80's in Virgina. They have this really streaky bacon & you mirowave the heck out of it, on kitchen roll, to absorb the fat. The result is that it ends up chewy & about a quarter the original size.

Freaky I know, but boy does it taste good.

I've never done it in the UK. We don't have to, the bacon is different. But I actually look forward to it on my visits to the states.

I never considered it could be bad for you, I kind of eat bacon raw, giving it less than 30 seconds a side, under the grill, just to warm it up.

I've always been in favor of 'under cooked meat', happily taking 'blue' steak, enjoying steak ta-ta & ros-beef, in Holland.

Raw eggs & mushrooms ain't bad either. You just have to get used to different textures & flavors. Mind you, I've eaten worms, snakes, hedgehogs, squirrels, grass hoppers & live maggots, so you'd probably better ignore my food suggestions.

Greg.

I have been cooking scince i was five, granted thats the mother-cooks-with-me-in-the-way kind of cooking but what the monkies right? Its got to the point that i can out cook everyone i know exept qualified, trained cheffs.

I'm a man, i crack my own eggs.*

On the one armed debate, i only raised it as a plausible reason to own one of these contraptions, but i would stand by my statement that SOME people who have not got the full range of motion of both hands may find it more difficult that most to open an egg, this doo-dah-mc-wotsit could help SOME people.

*I dare someone to quote that out of context XD

I have been cooking scince i was five, granted thats the mother-cooks-with-me-in-the-way kind of cooking but what the monkies right? Its got to the point that i can out cook everyone i know exept qualified, trained cheffs.

Cracking eggs is unbelievably easy, especially if someone takes the time to teach you how to do it.

I used to do the one handed thing years back but hadn't had a go for ages.

I just cracked one, one handed & ate it, raw, just to see if I still could................ I guess it's like riding a bike.

I'm going to have to try & find some of that Virginian streaky now. :D Someone in the UK must be able to get it.

Greg.

Did they really call that thing the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Easy,,,,,,,,,,,, CRACKER?????????? :huh:

Isn't that a racist statement in some states?

How did they get a way with that? 'Easy N-word', would have been sued out of existence. Rightly. I can't believe they are advertising the Easy Cracker. I'm amused, astonished & insulted all at the same time.

Wow!

I know. It seems weird but is common practice in the US.

Because you don't nigg an egg?

;)

Heh,

When I saw the name my first thought was that it might be a box containing a pair of baggy jeans, a do-rag, an Eminem CD and a chrome pistol.

I wasn't going to say anything but, y'know. ;)

Because you don't nigg an egg?

;)

Point taken.

Wait, so who does the cooking in your house? And the cleaning? And the picking of cotton?

Easy there, this ain't South Africa, back in the '80's.

I want to make it absolutely clear that I HATE racism. But love a good laugh.

Your comments reminded me of a joke, I just have to share.

My apologies if you are reading this & offended, please let me know by pm & notify a mod to remove this:

Why do pill bottles have that bit of cotton at the top?

So as to ensure no offense, you'll have to Google for the answer. ;)

Greg.

Oh i could just see this going horribly wrong.

Or maybe it might have some other uses ;)

But i bet it is like this little item:

Looks great but most likely don't work.

'FireKnife'

Slap chop am best.

Everyone should have one. :unsure:

Greg.

Archived