Removal of secondry speech module on a s10

sir naggedalot

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the mic/secondry speech module from a s10 respirator?

I have removed all the lenses and the main speech module but the filter and secondary modules ae right pita's to remove.

I know you can get a set of tools to service the s10 but it would be a great help if I can fashion a tool or use some cunning techniques to remove them as I cant afford the £100+ for the set.

I don't know a whole lot about the S10, but looking at my issued one here, I'd say it was either glued in place or just really tight in it's circular hole (personally I'm not going to pull at it to try and find out since that could result in bad things for me at some point).

Not sure what you mean by the filter, the canister that screws in to the left side (when you've got it on your face) is just on a screw thread.

I don't know a whole lot about the S10, but looking at my issued one here, I'd say it was either glued in place or just really tight in it's circular hole (personally I'm not going to pull at it to try and find out since that could result in bad things for me at some point).

Not sure what you mean by the filter, the canister that screws in to the left side (when you've got it on your face) is just on a screw thread.

Best not to pull it to hard as will most deffo end in a bad way, rubber will most prob fail first. :(

No glue is used its just press fitted but there is a order of play when it comes to disassembly.

I would like to see the jig in action that's used to take it out.

I know the filter screws in but the mount is the same dia as the mic module as you can swap them if your left handed but do not have the kit to do it with.

I know the filter screws in but the housing is a press fit like the other side I thought? If not I will be a happy bunny as I can destroy the mic module and screww a new filter module in easy! I do not think this is the case I am sorry to say.

I have a size 4 for the nipper who is six years old but would make it a whole lot better for his breathing if he had two filter like the s12.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at yours its much appreciated.

Afraid to say I can't really answer any of the questions about dis-assembly of the SSM or the mount for the canister, but I do know a guy at work who's recently been tasked with doing scheduled maintenance checks on people's respirators as a secondary duty, so I'll see if I can ask him.

One thing I would query, why use it (either for yourself or your child) with the canisters attached if it's for airsoft use? Just don't screw them in, far better air circulation then.

If you do get the chance to ask him I would be very interested as I am sure a few others would also like to know what's involved in the removal process.

I have a couple of filters with the medium taken out but you can still feel a bit of negative pressure when you breath with them but I have tried a S10 with two filters and its a lot lot easier.

While its very very unlikely ever to be used in a NBC environment I would still like to keep it as a serviceable mask all the same.

Thanks again for your help and time its very much appreciated. ;)

Archived