Pictures of your Weapon

Back when I bought it, the non-wood version was nearly $70 cheaper (that's plastic). I'm shopping around now for real Winchester furniture in oak or cherry, though. My current plans are to blue the entire thing and machine an octagonal outer barrel around 6" longer.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back when I bought it, the non-wood version was nearly $70 cheaper (that's plastic). I'm shopping around now for real Winchester furniture in oak or cherry, though. My current plans are to blue the entire thing and machine an octagonal outer barrel around 6" longer.

You can still do a nice job on plastic! This is my all-plastic TM AK:

AK47_web_0063.jpg

Technically it's stock, but it has 9 months worth of tinkering with the gas seals and hopup unit. I run it on straight propane with the occasional bit of silicon oil. When I first got it, the gas chamber and main valve were so leaky that it struggled to break 400.

ACM 1892 Winchester... chronos in the neighborhood of 600FPS with a .20, and routinely gets 250'+ kills. I'm pretty sure I've picked off a few guys from over 300' aswell, but I had no rangefinder on me at the time.

*badger*s

I've never chrono'd with .25's, though they should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 530-540. I use .43's in most games, and they run around 400FPS (give or take based on temperature, remaining gas, etc).

Wow. You're the only person I've seen use BB's that heavy that isn't a sniper.