G36 Picture Thread

http://picasaweb.google.com/adiventure/Air...feat=directlink

RS Stock. Main differences are the pin holding it in (which does not appear to move), and the locking mechanism. I am all ears on a way to modify it to work fully with an airsoft reciever. I think with a dremmel and some putty I could switch the locking mechanics from an airsoft one, but I'm not sure what to do about the pin.

P2050113.JPG

P2050114.JPG

P2050116.JPG

P2050117.JPG

P2050121.JPG

(the nub goes all the way to the other side, but it takes a substantial amount of force to move it that far, and I couldn't do it while holding the camera without making the image too blurry)

P2050124.JPG

How the rail sits in the front:

P2050129.JPG

My g36 in it's forms:

P2050125.JPG

P2050136.JPG

P2050133.JPG

I could use much better pictures I know, but I was rushed, it was dark, and I want to show off.

Edit:

No idea whats going on with the sizes, I'll try and fix it.

Edit Edit: Kinda fixed it, the sizes are still smaller then the original, but if you want the gritty details you can look at the full size ones in the album link at top.

Edited by Adiventure
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And while we're at it, here's my G36 in its final (Woodland/Outdoors skirmish) form:       (Minus a trigger )

Posted Images

The question I *have* to ask is.... why bother? It doesn't *look* significantly different to the airsoft version - certainly not enough to be worth the extra expense and difficulty of installation.

Well, I didn't know about the differences before I bought it, so I figured what the hey. Knowing the issues now, I probably wouldn't get it, but I got it as a private sale and am not certain I can return it. Personally I think it would be kind of cool to get it going, but I don't know if that will be possible. Why by an RS component when decent airsoft versions are available?

All real parts mounted on an airsoftgun adds at least one point to its pimp-value.

This, in itself, is often reason enough.

What he said XD

I figure if I can get it adapted, and buy one of the A2 handguards I've been planning on this summer, I'll have the RSest airsoft g36 there is :D

To me it looks like the major issue will be seeing if I can get the pin from an airsoft one in place of the seemingly fixed metal pin that is there. If I can do that much I am rather confidant that I can switch the locking segments. I doubt I'll be able to do much this weekend, but hopefully I can get to it next weekend.

What he said XD

I figure if I can get it adapted, and buy one of the A2 handguards I've been planning on this summer, I'll have the RSest airsoft g36 there is :D

To me it looks like the major issue will be seeing if I can get the pin from an airsoft one in place of the seemingly fixed metal pin that is there. If I can do that much I am rather confidant that I can switch the locking segments. I doubt I'll be able to do much this weekend, but hopefully I can get to it next weekend.

So, I took the pin out, and my god, this whole process is way way simpler then I expected. I was being stupid thinking I would have to replicate the internal lock system, but I can just rely on the external lock and be fine I think. It will still require widening the holes on the stock because the airsoft pin is bigger, but that shouldn't take five minutes. I'll have some pictures up in a few days assuming everything goes well, and I don't completely screw up an expensive RS stock.

Edited by Adiventure

Well, I did it, but can truly recommend that no one else try the same thing. For one, the stocks are stupidly expensive, you could get much more useful things for the aeg, like a ksk rail, or a2 handguard. Secondly, it takes a decent amount of work to make it fit, and once you modify it, you won't be able to sell it again for anything other than an airsoft gun. Lastly, and this will sound stupid, it is not designed as well as the airsoft one, there is no question that the feel is better (it is, easily), but in terms of long term durability the airsoft one has it beat. To explain, the button/latch on the RS one are the same composite as the stock, and not the metal like the airsoft, this may be fine on the RS, but on the airsoft one it means that it likely to break if you try and close the stock without depressing the button first (my guess is that on the RS, the latch it locks on is composite too), I am currently trying to fix this problem on mine, but it's going to take some epoxy that I don't have.

To go back to the modifying, one can make it work simply by drilling the pin hole larger (but be careful or you will catch the metal of the body and break a drill bit like I did), but if you only do that much the fit will be less then perfect. On mine, and i expect all of them, there will be about a MM or two of gap between the latch side of the stock, and the body. To remove the gap you will have to take a dremel to the stock and go ridiculously slowly, I could not find the exact bits that would need shaving so I didn't bother, but YMMV.

I hope this helps anyone who chooses to disregard my advice to stick with the airsoft stock.

Photos?

I cant get them of it unfolded right now, but you can see what I've done/the fit. There are also a few pictures of the damage. One major warning to anyone stupid enough to do what I did, do not try and unfold the stock without depressing the button. The metal that locks on the reciever will simply cut through to button on the stock. In the future I may see if there is a way to strengthen that piece. If anyone has advice feel free to tell me. P2250004.JPGP2250007.JPGP2250008.JPGP2250010.JPGP2250011.JPG

Edited by Adiventure

What did you have to do to your g36 to fit the KSK rail? Mine slides on ok, but the holes don't quite line up with the ones on the g36, I plan to drill through so they fit through, also it doesn't quite fit properly on the front bit, like it doesn't get quite all the way, I think it might be due to the size differences and its not a massive thing really (just a bit of g36 plastic protrudes slightly) but if there is a fix I might aswell. Cheers.

What did you have to do to your g36 to fit the KSK rail? Mine slides on ok, but the holes don't quite line up with the ones on the g36, I plan to drill through so they fit through, also it doesn't quite fit properly on the front bit, like it doesn't get quite all the way, I think it might be due to the size differences and its not a massive thing really (just a bit of g36 plastic protrudes slightly) but if there is a fix I might aswell. Cheers.

Exactly what you're planning on doing. I took a drill and drilled the holes slightly larger/in the right place. I'm not quite sure what I'll do about the front, it obviously is a bit off, but it is not such a big issue that I need to solve it now.

I think I've figured out what I'll do with the stock though, I think I'll use some epoxy to fix the bit that started breaking, then dremel that piece down a bit, and epoxy on a thinish washer to act as a metal buffer. It might take me a while to get to that though, since my school is trying to dump as much as possible on me.