G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And while we're at it, here's my G36 in its final (Woodland/Outdoors skirmish) form:       (Minus a trigger )

Posted Images

Externally ready, internally I still have to replace nozzle, there is some very minor airleak. Oh and repair the selector so that there would be semi, but is useless in LMG, isn't it. Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, I call it LMG.

dscn1947n.jpg

dscn1948g.jpg

Not at all. If you can't even get the name and category of a thing right, how can you hope to build an authentic looking replica of it?

While we're at it, wouldn't a higher magnification/longer range/more accurate scope be better suited for the MG36, rather than a red-dot aimpoint, which I'd generally associate with CQB work...? :unsure:

Edited by Hedganian

Not at all. If you can't even get the name and category of a thing right, how can you hope to build an authentic looking replica of it?

While we're at it, wouldn't a higher magnification/longer range/more accurate scope be better suited for the MG36, rather than a red-dot aimpoint, which I'd generally associate with CQB work...? :unsure:

An LMG is a support weapon. So, as far as I see it, it's the same thing.

what differs is the nomenclature between contries...

As for the bayonet and the the optics, we heve a consensus.

Sorry, my bad! I feel horrible now. I did use wrong name, was in a bit hurry so I mispelled. Sorry for this and sadly I can't edit my post anymore. Didn't mean to call it LMG, but LSW. Well atleast both words have same first letter . :) I wasn't trying to build exact copy. I use red-dot, because this is airsoft, and ranges are short so I used Aimpoint. I also have E models carryhandle with 3x scope, but I don't like it. i would use dual optics if I had one, though.

Gosh, I have read all the MG36 threads and seen the complaints and now I personally called it a LMG, when it's not a LMG. Sorry guys for raising you blood pressure.

Edited by Teekoo

Sorry, my bad! I feel horrible now. I did use wrong name, was in a bit hurry so I mispelled. Sorry for this and sadly I can't edit my post anymore. Didn't mean to call it LMG, but LSW. Well atleast both words have same first letter . :) I wasn't trying to build exact copy. I use red-dot, because this is airsoft, and ranges are short so I used Aimpoint. I also have E models carryhandle with 3x scope, but I don't like it. i would use dual optics if I had one, though.

Gosh, I have read all the MG36 threads and seen the complaints and now I personally called it a LMG, when it's not a LMG. Sorry guys for raising you blood pressure.

:D

No problem! As long as it works for you, that's what matters! You could call her "Gertrude" and it would still look good. ;)

Edited by Imperator

This as been discussed elsewhere, but just to clarify this a bit...

A Light Machine Gun is a type of weapon designed to withstand long periods of continuous fire (hence the heavier barrels and reinforced bolts and whatever...). In other words, it's a purpose built gun.

A Light Support Weapon (or a Squad Automatic Weapon - see what I mean by semantics?!) is a weapon that serves a role inserted, lets say, in a squad. Some are built specifically for this, but many are not.

Therefore, any LMG, when inserted in a squad, becomes a LSW oe a SAW. Again, semantics.

For instance, the Brits and the Americans use tipically 5.56 weapons (M249's and such), but the Portuguese Army and Fuzileiros (marines), use 7,62 LMG's in the roles of LSW (or SAW). MG3's and HK21's. And they roll along with the rest of the pack, and actually do a better job than the smaller caliber ones. In these cases, a purpose built LMG becames a LSW (or SAW) instantly.

Edited by Imperator

gotta love the full sized RAS! Great gun, and its its good to see you on here again, havent heard from you in a while!

Oh I have been around, but not on this thread.

I was busy on the AR platform, Magpulised of course.:D

Speaking of which, Anyone know when PTS will release G36 mags?

I can't wait for the Shooter B&T rail systems.

I might try the IDZ kit combined with a short B&T RAS

I found a shop somewhere that claims it fits AEG's. But I lost the shop.:(

I imagine the top rail fits fine ,but. From the WE G39 thread ive gathered that AEG stocks and G39 stocks aren't entirely compatible until you dremel them into submission.

I am used to doing that.;)

My Ares is pretty much done, SEF lower and QD flash hider would be nice though

-Ares blowback K

-SRC RAS

-begadi KA1 rail

-Eotech 552

-G&P 6P copy

-G&P KAC style flashlight mount

-magpul grip and sling loop

1002363p.jpg

1002365x.jpg

Edited by FELDJAGER