AR15 Picture Thread

My latest addition! Bomber M16A2 Shorty GBB with Burst

M7274c6c569bfJPG.jpg

M7271c930d9c1JPG.jpg

M7272f021e195JPG.jpg

M72737b1ffaacJPG.jpg

I thought my G&P AEG A2 Burst Receiver is nice but this Prime Receiver is mind boggling cool! Great dark grey finish. Even the magazines fit perfectly without any wooble.

It makes alot fun playing with this beauty! I decided to give the Bomber New Type WA Magazines a chance and they work great. No flaws yet.

My plans for now is to finish my Desert Storm Gear.

Regards

orb

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty handsome patrol rifle riptide! I'm still super jealous of your optics setup, but I like my reece rifle a little rougher around the edges:

P4270019.jpg

I have a stubby foregrip in the mail, then I'll probably start saving for a scope like yours.

Can anybody say, Recce? :D

That said, does anyone else that owns a DYTAC barrel think they're abnormally heavy? :(

Compared to what? I think they are light as hell! The 16" DYTAC I have on an SPR upper is terrific. Despite the barrel being 4" longer than the 14.5" (there's a 2" extension to make it an SPR), I can steady it with one hand on the pistol grip. If I tried to do that with the steel barreled 14.5", I'd get tired real fast. Of course, this goes for any aluminum barrel, not just the DYTAC.

For all practical purposes, aluminum outer barrels are just better: cheaper and lighter. I still like the steel ones for "realism".

Otherwise, excellent looking shooter!

Edited by slu

I dunno, it depends on the quality of the steel I think. VFC barrels are made out of steel, probably really nice good grade steel knowing VFC, and are super light (kinda like how the real SR15 is supposedly super light).

And Dytac makes 16in barrels? Straight profile? For TM style AEGs/ non PTWs?

If only they made 11.5in barrels :(

I dunno, it depends on the quality of the steel I think. VFC barrels are made out of steel, probably really nice good grade steel knowing VFC, and are super light (kinda like how the real SR15 is supposedly super light).

And Dytac makes 16in barrels? Straight profile? For TM style AEGs/ non PTWs?

If only they made 11.5in barrels :(

I really like the King Arms 11.5" aluminum barrels. I don't believe DYTac make 16" barrels for any platform. The VFC 16" barrels are surprisingly light. Everyone who picks up my SR15 is always shocked by how light the gun is. I always thought it was because they replicated the pencil barrel profile from KAC.

I don't believe DYTac make 16" barrels for any platform.

Actually, the 16in Silver Barrel for TM based M4's that Aznriptide has is a Dytac.

He bought it before I could from a member on ASF who claims that Dytac made the 16in Silver Barrel for TM based AEG's specially for AirsoftGlobal. (that's why Redwolf, WGC, etc don't have the 16in listed)

-Shin

Here is the 16" DYTAC I recently purchased for WA platform:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Outer_Barrels_GBB_Dytac_16inch_mid_length_Barrel_Assemble_for_WA_Western_Arms_M4_Series_Black.htm

Redwolf has both the black and silver version in stock. But you're right, I don't see one for AEGs anywhere.

rm:

http://www.gp-web.com/en/newspop.php?nid=1544

It's 16" and steel, but has those KAC dimples, which you may find cool. An AEG version is also listed on their site.