AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RM, which accupoint reticule model is that? The German no.4 or triangle post? I've been looking at getting a TR24G with the triangle post for my SR15 for some time now, mind commenting on how you like yours?

Eye relief, usefulness in airsoft (i.e the ease of transition between 1x and 4x), weight, two eyes open red-dotlike performance, etc, etc?

Thanks, and beautiful rifle....

RM, which accupoint reticule model is that? The German no.4 or triangle post? I've been looking at getting a TR24G with the triangle post for my SR15 for some time now, mind commenting on how you like yours?

Eye relief, usefulness in airsoft (i.e the ease of transition between 1x and 4x), weight, two eyes open red-dotlike performance, etc, etc?

Thanks, and beautiful rifle....

I think I can answer these questions for you. I am using my TR21 with my VFC SR15 right now.

1. Eye Relief

This is a bit of a problem for me since where I play, it is mandatory that you wear the full face paintball masks. However, I find that if you use the "Flexfit" Masks, the rubber material is very soft therefore enabling you to actually aim. I simply push my face/ mask against the CTR stock and aim down the line of sight. NOTE: I am using a RS LaRue SPR-E mount for this (different from what what RM is using)

2. Accupoint

I love my TR21 to death. I would say its pretty useful since you can turn it down to low magnification (I keep it between 1.25-2x) therefore making it actually quite useful on an airsoft gun. NOTE: if you do buy one of these, I highly suggest some nice scope covers since mine almost got shot out at the last skirmish (field legal limit = 400fps). Good thing only the clear lense caps that came standard from Trijicon were cracked.

Hope that helps,

Shin

EDIT: Picture Thread (Don't have a pic with just the gun and accupoint yet)

2010-03-26-HSP-pic-03.jpg

Edited by luvs2shoot

I've been wondering what clear lens cover other than the Trijicon one will work for the TR24....

Mine is the triangle post. at 1x, it works no different from most RDS. The range of eye-relief at 1x is big so if your cheek weld is slightly fore or aft it won't matter that much. Higher the magnification the narrower the band. I was going to get the SPR-E but I have to shorten the stock to full collapse to use that(mocked up the distance before I decide which one I was getting), so I just use the SPR 1.5(LT104) for it. You can use the "dot" at with both eye even with mag, as Trijicon said in the brochore with the Biden Aiming Concept, your brain will decide what picture to focus on. While moving it'll be the peripheral sight, and while aiming it'll be the magnified sight.

Thanks for the info Luvs2shoot and RM, looks like you've convinced me that an accupoint is in order ( I was between a T1 and a TR24G).

I noticed that you went with Amber RM, any reason why? I've heard green is the best for standing out and being picked up by the eye, care to comment?

Also, where did you get your TR24 w/ mount? G&R are out of stock on the TR24 and LT104 combo, and LaRue themselves only have the no.4 german reticules in stock, which isn't what I am looking for.

It was what was available. I found the new optic itself on eBay for much lower price than anywhere else I've seen(same as the TR21 from the same seller), and free shipping. So I bought that then bought the mount from LaRue. The total was maybe ~$50 less than buying LaRue's combo(and obviously with the right reticle that I want, in just about any other instances it would've been cheaper to buy LaRue's). The Amber seems fine, I haven't had a chance to use it yet in any meaningful way though....

AGM GBBR.

Ton of internals coming in, along with more magpul externals. She needs a lottt of tweaking, but I am in love with my first GBBR!

DD MK18 7" I need barrel nut spacers for this. Any ideas?

Gotta swap out the tan afg for a black one, and black magpuls.

P1010112.jpg

P1010116.jpg

Edited by BigBabyMoses06

I like that a lot - Just like i used to have my m4 set up before it became an M7. Out of curiosity, what brand is the rail? It was a right PITA to fit XTM's with an AFG on my G&P version.

*edit* To the guys with Accupoints; What do they usually tend to cost? I'm liking the looks quite a lot, i reckon one would look sweet on the 14.5 MRP i'm saving for; If they're expensive, does anything similar exist for a more reasonable price?

Edited by hwagan

*edit* To the guys with Accupoints; What do they usually tend to cost? I'm liking the looks quite a lot, i reckon one would look sweet on the 14.5 MRP i'm saving for; If they're expensive, does anything similar exist for a more reasonable price?

I picked mine up on Ebay for $630 shipped with a LaRue mount. Thats a great deal. Retail, they can be between 800 - 900 if you buy them with the mount. LaRue offers the cheapest new solution on their website. There's a company that makes RS replica optics, but I forgot what it was called. If I remember, I'll be sure to post here. They make something that looks like it, but it doesnt have the fiber optics or tritium.