AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, bottom 2 for now. I think the AGM body does not sit well with the rail. There does not seem to be enough threads for it, and I had to make a spacer, which in turn, only the 2 bottom screws reach threads :( Still working on it. No leaky mags tho :) Installing the upgrades tomorrow. Only 4 of the mags and a select few parts will be AGM.

IMG_3019.jpg

My google-fu is strong - Do it yourself next time wink.gif Not quite the exact scope, but very close.

http://www.special-w...olt_m727_11.jpg

As for building one - Buy a G&P M733, and any old 14.5" M4A1 barrel. Fit the barrel, and you're done. smile.gif

*edit* - I've reviewed the G&P 733 over in the AEG's section; It's a fantastic gun, and the A2 trades are gorgeous.

Edited by hwagan

Ive just picked up an M4 with a commando front end spare, chuck on the 733 grips, ive got an A2 reciever in the works and its sorted. Not too sure about battery space but ill figure something out.

Just wondering if i should leave it plain or add the scope and flashlight for tacticoolness.

Can i request a pic pretty muchly please with a nade on top; M727 (M4 w/A2 reciever) with a barrel mounted flashlight and a colt carry handle scope?

Preferably with M733 handguards :P

Thanksverymuchlike :D

Old build, but sadly with M4 handguards. Wear is artificial.

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

Ive just picked up an M4 with a commando front end spare, chuck on the 733 grips, ive got an A2 reciever in the works and its sorted. Not too sure about battery space but ill figure something out.

Lipo in the buffer tube is the best option, failing that a split NiMh - Up to 8.4 1600MaH fits in M733 handguards. G&P ones, anyway.

Ah awesome, lipos seem like alot of effort though (i havnt kept updated with them).

They're no more effort than NiMh's mate - I used to think the same.

www.componentshop.co.uk - 7.4 1200 Lipo's are £12 each, and a Turnigy charger is £15 or so with a Mains power supply - It's literally a case of plug battery in, wait til green light goes off, use gun. Just make sure you change battery the second the RoF starts to drop, and don't try and squeeze off the last few shots. I've been using them for 6 or 7 months now - I don't discharge them, i don't store them in Lipo bags, etc etc. I haven't killed myself, a lipo, or my gun yet. Seriously, if anything they're easier than NiMh's due to not needing to discharge them.

And they're far quicker to change, much smaller and much cheaper. They're made of win.

Well, today is a very happy day for me. I have finally finish a build that I have been working on for about a year and a half. Time to ###### her out!

100_3562.jpg

In the end I am very happy with her; she has a beautiful ProWin box inside her that runs absolutely amazing. Funny thing is, I have no info whatsoever on the body blink.gif

Dude, nice! I really, really dig that look. Flat out gorgeous.. cantalever mounts always set off a nicely done AR perfectly, I think. And knowing it has a ProWin box is icing on the cake. Cheers!

@ Agent47 and blink me: I'm running a G&P Lipo in my VFC stock tube:

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

Battery is a G&P 1200mAh 11.1V Lipo which I rewired to Deans, and the stock tube is a standard VFC E Series tube. I can get that battery, 18GA wiring, and a MOSFET in there. Battery lasts at least as long as my 9.6V 1400mAh NiMH mini did, and the power is SOOOO worth it. Trigger response is pretty much literally instantaneous. Highly recommend going with a Lipo - it's exactly like using a NiMH, just smaller and with more power capability.

Thanks DH! I have that exact same battery and an Infect MOSFET (which it looks like what you have as well) in my stock tube. But I got the King Arms "battery" stock tube. I don't really want to use the 11.1v though because my ROF is through the roof with it on my ProWin, so I run a 7.4v in there now.