AR15 Picture Thread

Slight update on my m4.

Changed the Adam Arms gasblock over to a vltor one as it wasnt possible to fit its gastube with the delta ring I'm using and that caused a bit of movement in the moe.

Also picked up an afg.

magpul2e.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Drake- : If the front Mbus sits a bit higher than the VLTOR... how do the MBUS line? any problem aiming?

The Vltor sight tower has picatinny rails on the top of it that are designed to line up with those on top of most RIS/RAS. So mounting a MBUS there is just like mounting one on the front of your rail system.

The arm that extends up from the Vltor is designed to place the front sight at the standard height.

Gas blocks that have picatinny rail on them sit lower, however. That's why, in the world of R.S., there are two types of front sight--gas block height and front rail height. Go on any R.S. seller's website, and you'll find them differentiated in that way. I've never found an airsoft front sight that was described or distinguished in that way, though.

The Vltor sight tower has picatinny rails on the top of it that are designed to line up with those on top of most RIS/RAS. So mounting a MBUS there is just like mounting one on the front of your rail system.

Thank you very much, just the answer I was looking for :)

Yeah as said the vltor rail is the same height as the rear rail so the mbus line up just fine.

haha now thats just silly. 2 front sights. ha.

-Joe

Why exactly ?

The vltor sight doesn't fit my personal preference and it has a perfectly useable rail section there to facilitate the mbus so in the end its serving its purpose.

@Luis: That your AGM GBBR? how's the fitting of that rail? any issues or is it a straight fit?

Hey,

Yes that's my AGM, which was originally an 066.

The rail fits without any modifications and the upper rail is straight.

However, there is a gap of about 1mm between the upper receiver and the rail and the RIS rail is a tiny bit higher than the upper receiver.

In conclusion the rail is great and is extremely usable, no problem.

-Luis

@Hwagan: Thanks! Tits are good, as are the VFC's internals and externals. They are indeed ACM, as MagPul hasn't (to my knowledge anyway) even released the "real" version yet. I had to do a little dremeling on the delta-ring end of the handguards to get them to fit the VFC delta ring teeth properly, but they were more than worth the $15 price tag.