AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a copy or real? If it's a copy, how did you get the doctor sight on it?

I looks like a replica since I don't see a 1-4x lever but it's a little hard to tell. I looks like he just bought THIS and a real/clone doctor to go on it.

Another reason I think it's a replica; would you paint a $2,000 optic? ;)

-OGGY

Edited by -=OGGY=-

That CASV build is damn fine - Really really nice gun. So are all the guns on this page actually. Anyhoo... Tried to build a Larue RECCE style upper for my MRP. Bought a whole brand new G&P body, and a Big Dragon Larue 11.0 rail - A word of advice to everyone - Don't ever try and do it. About 5 hours of work, and i've wasted £150... There's no friggin' way to make it fit without industrial machinery at the very least sad.gif

Here's what it would have looked like...

Image025.jpg

Image027.jpg

Unfortunately, that was done with Araldite Steel-bond, and despite the unfathomable strength of the adhesive, it's not the kind of thing that can be glued, there was too much flex and it wasn't feasible. Problem originated because the G&P receiver threading is MUCH wider than the threading of the rail, so i had to file off the upper receiver threading to have a chance. Alas...

On a more cheerful note, optics set-up finally sorted out on the MRP;

Image028.jpg

Edited by hwagan

SDC13383.jpg

My fully loaded "scout" M4. It's just a shame both my optics just took a dump with my AP deciding it wanted auto (aka random) brightness adjustment and the mount on the magnifier deciding to fall apart.

@hwagan: I think what you need is a rethreading tool. uscmcorps mentioned it waaaay back in the magpul thread. he used it to thread rs spec rails to G&P recievers. most likely your rail is rs spec, and you need a tap and die set to make it fit perfectly with the G&P upper.

@hwagan: I think what you need is a rethreading tool. uscmcorps mentioned it waaaay back in the magpul thread. he used it to thread rs spec rails to G&P recievers. most likely your rail is rs spec, and you need a tap and die set to make it fit perfectly with the G&P upper.

Cheers for the advice dude, but it's unfortunately far too late :( There's all sorts of screws and adhesives in the thread now... It only cost me about £30 for the rail, so lesson learned for next time i spose.

Well, I FINALLY picked up my TR21-3 from my friend. I have to say, I really do love it. However, LaRue sent me the wrong sized half ring for the Accupoint/RMR setup so they are sending me some 1" inserts that are supposed to rectify the problem. Although, I mounted the RMR anyways so that you can get an idea of what it looks like.... IT LOOKS SWEET!

Again, this optic is for my second upper, I just threw it on there for display purposes. Still looks sweet.

Blaster012.jpg

Blaster013.jpg

Blaster015.jpg

Blaster017.jpg

Blaster018.jpg

Blaster019.jpg

Blaster.jpg