AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was someone here that did a Blood Diamond build - forgot his name, but I remember he was Asian LOL.

On my BHD build, I wasn't really specific with the parts, so I just used this mount:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/flashlights/flashlight-mounts/ea-qd-barrel-clamping-flashlight-mount.html

Re: vainguard & aznriptide859-

All the same, I disagree; small rifle + large scope = all kinds of epicness ( practicality is not in my vocabulary... ). :D

Haha! It helps that the Magnification is adjustable as well. From 1.25x - 4x Magnification.

How do you like the German dot? Is it easy to pick up?

I like it a lot, actually. Do you have a picture of your reticule?

There was someone here that did a Blood Diamond build - forgot his name, but I remember he was Asian LOL.

On my BHD build, I wasn't really specific with the parts, so I just used this mount:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/flashlights/flashlight-mounts/ea-qd-barrel-clamping-flashlight-mount.html

You know you've been on Arnies for too long if you can identify a fellow Arnies' member just by the project he or she was working on - and Candyman doesn't count.

aznriptide859, the person you are looking for is Reborn. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showuser=48501

Edited by talon_0315

^I KNEW it was Re-something LOL...

Yea, I'm too big a forum rat...though I know I pale in comparison to some of the more devote members on here :P.

Dave, from what I've seen 727's are just a M16A2 with a 14.5" barrel w/ M203 cuts. Easiest thing to get to that is just any M4 with a fixed upper with a M4 carbine barrel.

Edited by aznriptide859

Sorry I need to bring again my I guess proper M727

Bomber GBB M16A2 Shorty with Burst.

Regards

orb

Nice retro carbine. Your stock doesn't look right (it looks like a plastic civilian stock). It's my understanding that Colt only used two position plastic stocks on all 700 series carbines (similar to the one shown here). I might have some genuine Colt 700 stocks left if you might be interested. Nevertheless, looks good.

That's a 3 Position XM stock. I liked it more that's why I put it on. Normally it comes with a M4A1 stock. I have seen pics of RS M727 which also got the XM Stock.

They even had it 1993 in Somalia. I don't mean the BHD movie.

I never heard there is anything other then Plastic Collapsible Stocks available? Just the pipe is metal.

Edited by oRb

@BaBaBooey - the stock on oRBs gun is the 2nd Gen Colt type stock.

M727s can be seen with the 2nd Gen (xm style) or 3rd Gen colt (M4A1) collapsible stocks. The later 3rd Gen stocks are more commonly associated with M727s since Colt introduced them around the same time as the introduction of the A2 style receivers. No doubt, however, that 2nd Gen stock surpluses continued to be used up though - hence why M727s can be (and I have) seen with them.

oRb - to clear up your 'thoughts aloud' on the stock material: Original 2nd Gen (xm style) stocks were made of steel and then rubber coated to a shiny finish. But early on they switched to plastic, as has been used ever since. Just FYI, when they changed from metal to plastic on the early 2nd Gen stocks the design did not change at all, many of the same molds were used.

EDIT: Btw guys, a carbine with an otherwise identical spec as an M727 but with a heavy barrel (no step) is an M725. As shown here: colt_m16_a2_carbine_03.jpg

Just so you know the G&P 'M16A2 Shorty' model is totally made up by them. There is no real life equivalent model because carbine barrels were never produced (experimental aside) with the A2 style ribbing for heat loss.

Edited by Kenworth W900

That's a 3 Position XM stock. I liked it more that's why I put it on. Normally it comes with a M4A1 stock. I have seen pics of RS M727 which also got the XM Stock.

They even had it 1993 in Somalia. I don't mean the BHD movie.

I never heard there is anything other then Plastic Collapsible Stocks available? Just the pipe is metal.

I agree that there is no "proper" configuration with retro carbines (especially USAF carbines!). There's always photo evidence of some strange combination of parts.

As Kenworth mentioned, there are stocks that were made other than plastic. I have never personally seen a steel/rubber stock, but that's not to say it ever existed. The SP1 Carbine that I once owned had an aluminum two position stock that was coated with vinyl. I was told that these stocks were similar, if not identical, to Colt Property marked 600 carbines (what you refer to as XM). The strange thing is, that I have seen other SP1 Carbines that did NOT have the vinyl coating. I noticed that the forge markings were also different, which lead us to believe that Colt was supplied by various manufacturers. However, I don't believe that Colt ever used a plastic version of this stock.

Another thing that was confirmed by Colt, is that anything other than a two position stock tube on a retro (600 and 700 models) Colt carbine is not genuine. I'm far from a Colt expert, but I was told the four position tube started with the M4.

My EA replica of the Colt 600 aluminum stock:

600Stock.jpg

My Colt 700 carbine stock (came with a two position tube, stock marked "1N" on the ejection port side. QD sling mount was added by me and not factory installed):

700Stock.jpg

Notice the difference between the two, especially around the edges. Again, you have a nice retro carbine.

I hope this helps!

Edited by BaBaBooey

Thanks for all the useful information and the kind words!

I never thought that someone would like this oldschool looking carbine ;)

Will post pictures of it with my Aimpoint 3000 very soon.

Closeup of that Prime Buddy M72737b1ffaacJPG.jpg

M7272f021e195JPG.jpg

Edited by oRb

Update, new ACOG an BUIS. Hopefully get a RIS handguard and another barrel for the new M4 and get an A2 reciever, make up a 727 and an M4 RIS front end to swap around with. Really liking the ACOG at the moment though.

14cs5xl.jpg

x1wxes.jpg

2crt0fm.jpg

6i8h0o.jpg

Let me know what you guys think :D

Cheers