AR15 Picture Thread

I'll throw in a few pics of my new G&P M4 SOPMOD. Sorry for the huge-but-fuzzy iPhone pics. It's a pretty modest rifle so far; nothing special about it, but I do love how it looks and performs.

img0069l.th.jpg

img0067vk.th.jpg

img0068l.th.jpg

img0065z.th.jpg

img0064xz.th.jpg

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems good enough for this guy:

[media]

wink.gif

I agree with the other person who mentioned nothing outside of 720 yards. Even then that was a class, in the real world the 5.56 isnt good at such long ranges. Take note of how many military units use the 7.62 or larger round for such applications. Just curious but how much do you know about RS ballistics?

I agree with the other person who mentioned nothing outside of 720 yards. Even then that was a class, in the real world the 5.56 isnt good at such long ranges. Take note of how many military units use the 7.62 or larger round for such applications. Just curious but how much do you know about RS ballistics?

I gotta disagree with you there. The rounds will be more likely to tumble or start to fragment, but they'll still be lethal (and you gotta compensate for a lot of bullet-drop). My brother, who sem--recently finished up a tour in Afghanistan had engagements at up to 800 yards, and his buddies did have confirmed kills at that range with a m16 20" barrel 1/7 twist, shooting 62gr m855 (with optics)

When he got back, him and his buddies went shooting out in the middle of no where, and with a 16" barrel w/ 1/7 twist, they shot some 70-75gr at about 750 yards (with optics).

Yes, 7.62NATO is preferred, but 5.56 WILL get the job done if the shooter is good enough

EDIT: just posted before reading the above post. I'll end RS talk

Edited by Zman

Hehehe maybe, if i can find an element ubr. Hint on where? Or is that forbidden speak?:unsure:

I find the length of pull a tad to long when I am wearing my web gear. Looking through the net I came across the Canadian c7a2 rifles which was all I needed to consider shelling out the cash.

eMail Airsoft Park about Magpul parts, They'll send you a catalog. Or try tiger111hk. Not sure if they're in stock there.

I need a gas block as well...more specifically, an A-frame w/gas tube and the pins...I don't think I have any pins.

As it is right now, it looks wonky without the proper A-frame. Yes, that is a MRE.

gp009.jpg

Also need an Aimpoint in a cantilever mount...and other random stuff.

-Vic

This was originally a Tokyo-Marui 1st generation Colt M4A1. It's now what I call the FN M16A4 Commando

It's probably one of my favourite rifles on this entire thread - really nice gun dude, and awesome photography.

+1

Very nice, although unless you are using that section of sticklebricks of the front left hand side, you could probably do with removing it, would make the gun look even sleeker and more refined.

+1

Very nice, although unless you are using that section of sticklebricks of the front left hand side, you could probably do with removing it, would make the gun look even sleeker and more refined.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess it might be to do with the AFG - The G&P ladder covers on the rail have a nice indentation in them which provides a really comfy rest for your thumb when shooting right handed - I do the same thing with my MRP, the ladder covers give a nice place to rest your thumb alongside the rail... I'm more than likely wrong on that one, just a guess. Either way, it's a damn nice gun.