AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all but the comp trigger, looks kinda odd on fighting gun...

It's not even a very good trigger; I can replace it now that RA-tech makes a standard M4 trigger out of steel. The BAD lever and stubby grip are also "wrong" but I'm keeping them.

Who cares, it's so hot.

Can't say I don't miss your CASV setup however wink.gif

Thanks! This is indeed the same gun.

Does that Specter cowitness with your irons?

It would be something like a lower 1/3 cowitness if it was a working 1-4x SpecterDR; mine is 4x only so I can't say for sure.

kojak, that gun ain't sexy....it's dirrrty.

Thanks! I like the way the painted upper and A2 grip turned out--just gave them a light coat of khaki Krylon then immediately rubbed most of it off with a damp rag. I couldn't bring myself to paint the brand new anodized lower though.

I am sure even if it does it probably not usable...most magnified optic, even 1x-something has set eye-relief at 1x....

True, but I'm thinking The SpecterDR might not suffer from that issue; instead of variable power optics it has an internal lens that pivots out of the way in 1x mode.

That looks awesome! Why the hand stop if you have a VFG though?

It's set up for a thumb break grip, and very nicely I must say. Kinda familiar too.

True, but I'm thinking The SpecterDR might not suffer from that issue; instead of variable power optics it has an internal lens that pivots out of the way in 1x mode.

http://www.botachtactical.com/elcanspecterdr.html

Looks like it still does have the same eye-relief in both mode(the spec says 70mm). Which is still an improvement I guess....with Accupoint at least the eye-relief changes...