AR15 Picture Thread

Wow, haven't seen one of these yet--well done. All these real steel parts make me feel like such a cheapskate.

I think you can get a replica Omega 12" rail with the FSP cutout, but not the RIS II.

Until Madbull/Socom Gear hurries up and releases some more, you can't even get a regular 12" M4A1 RIS II. Very frustrating.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's crazy that they never made it in FDE; for once Uncle Sam is in the lead. You can still get a black one if you buy a Socom Gear SOPMOD 12" AEG.

Which is exactly why I bought one! That, and it's the most logical base gun for a Recce build. :D

If only it had Colt trademarks on the receiver, it would be pretty darn close to a Block II. I'm happy with the Daniel Defense trademarks though... it should go well with my PMC loadout (which is still a work in progress.)

Trying to get more "legit Block II" on this. Soon to replace the ACS with a black LMT SOPMOD. $40 extra for FDE is not worth it in my book.

dsc0007ye.jpg

Didn't change too much, mostly stuff from spare parts bin, but I feel it looks it a bit more "legit". ACS -> LMT, SF brake -> KAC hider, TD panels -> KAC panels. The RIS is indeed a DD one. What I like about the LMT is that it's a bit shorter than the ACS. For me, the ACS sits flush against the receiver for nose to handle, and the LMT sits at the first notch. First notch is better because it frees the ASAP for shoulder transitions.

Edited by slu

That looks great slu! I've got two questions for you; what is the white/grey bit behind your flash hider and have you considered using a issue FSP?

-OGGY

EDIT: I think you will appreciate these pics of real Block II M4/M203's:

http://www.militaryblog.jp/usr/g75goodenough/qalat.jpg

http://www.militaryblog.jp/usr/g75goodenough/2zfpbti.jpg

Edited by -=OGGY=-

That looks great slu! I've got two questions for you; what is the white/grey bit behind your flash hider and have you considered using a issue FSP?

-OGGY

EDIT: I think you will appreciate these pics of real Block II M4/M203's:

http://www.militaryblog.jp/usr/g75goodenough/qalat.jpg

http://www.militaryblog.jp/usr/g75goodenough/2zfpbti.jpg

Thanks OGGY! The grey bit behind my flash-hider is a CW/CCW adapter. The silver bit right behind the hider is just a washer. I use the CW G&P steel outer than came with the WOC that this was based off of a long time ago (the barrel is the only part that remains externally, but internally everything is still G&P, until they break). The VFC NTSS kit is CCW, so for now I have to use it. The adapter was originally anodized black, I later stripped and refinished in Alumahyde "SS," but as you can see the match is terrible.

I have considered using a normal FSP. I like the unobstructed sight picture with a flip down, though I agree it loses authenticity. The sight is an ARMS #41B, so folded up it bears passing resemblance to the stock FSP.

Thanks for sharing those photos. I've actually never even seen a real Block II M4 in use, much less ones with M203s. I'm glad to see black LMTS! Those are not FSP models, though, I don't even know if FSP cutout models are being used. Any idea what low profile gas blocks they use?

*cuty cut cut*

Prime LR300

-G&G foregrip and pistol grip

-MOSFET

DBoys HK416

-Element M300c

The LR300 is getting a .MIL stock and a new sling plate. Not sure if I'm gonna swap the grip for a Tango Down style... The ZM grip just isn't doing it for me. :flamed:

Really like the look of the 416 mate, how you finding the element light?

I know it's totally the influence of EOTechs, but it just looks as if the optic should be mounted the other way around.

In the few photos I've seen, the Pride Fowler is mounted back where the rear iron sight would be, not mid-gun where you'd put a conventional reddot. Any thoughts?

Edited by mimesis