AR15 Picture Thread

@Twister026 - Nope nothing that fancy, just various grains of glass paper and a good few hour later. Lots of sanding and dry fitting until it worked, it got to the stage where it would sit about 1/2mm from the receiver, but would sit flush when pressure was applied/screws tightened. There's still some small gaps, between the 'tail' (don't know the proper name...) of the grip and the lower receiver, but you can only see that when you look for it from a certain angle and it doesn't 'endanger' the internals as there's no access to the gearbox from there.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Twister026 - Nope nothing that fancy, just various grains of glass paper and a good few hour later. Lots of sanding and dry fitting until it worked, it got to the stage where it would sit about 1/2mm from the receiver, but would sit flush when pressure was applied/screws tightened. There's still some small gaps, between the 'tail' (don't know the proper name...) of the grip and the lower receiver, but you can only see that when you look for it from a certain angle and it doesn't 'endanger' the internals as there's no access to the gearbox from there.

Oh I see, well you did a fine job of getting that pistol grip on there :)

Niiiice.

What kind of UBR mate? I know RS stocks fit WOCs, but I'm yet to be able to find out what kind of thread PTS used on their UBR.

It's the PTS one for the WA/G&P. I'm not sure if RS stocks fit WOCs. I don't have one on hand to try out although I could have asked my buddy for his VLTOR MOD stock and buffer tube before he leaves for Texas. That is a bit involving as the UBR is not as simple to just remove as an M16 stock is or the 6 position is.

I only have one complaint... Magpul's Best stock is 100% incompatible with their own, best sling plate... the ASAP plate wont work because they have the other sling attachment points, which conveniently enough, none came with the UBR stock... I wish it would have come with just one, that would have been plenty.

Anywho...

Better Photos :)

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

It's the PTS one for the WA/G&P. I'm not sure if RS stocks fit WOCs. I don't have one on hand to try out although I could have asked my buddy for his VLTOR MOD stock and buffer tube before he leaves for Texas. That is a bit involving as the UBR is not as simple to just remove as an M16 stock is or the 6 position is.

I only have one complaint... Magpul's Best stock is 100% incompatible with their own, best sling plate... the ASAP plate wont work because they have the other sling attachment points, which conveniently enough, none came with the UBR stock... I wish it would have come with just one, that would have been plenty.

Anywho...

Better Photos :)

*cool pics*

Well I've got a RS buffer tube here (no idea of brand unfortunately) and that fits my WOCs so I'd guess that's confirmed I'd say.

It's a shame about the ASAP with the UBR that's for sure, but still good looking weapon mate. Always good to see someone else going OD and definitely gonna have to do a longer weapon myself next time.

Well I've got a RS buffer tube here (no idea of brand unfortunately) and that fits my WOCs so I'd guess that's confirmed I'd say.

It's a shame about the ASAP with the UBR that's for sure, but still good looking weapon mate. Always good to see someone else going OD and definitely gonna have to do a longer weapon myself next time.

No Kidding? That would probably fix all of my issues with smooth cycling. Then again, this UBR's buffer tube is wider than that of the 6 position I had earlier so it moves smoothly, even more smoothly with the G&P bolt carrier :D I need to get my Prime WA Length Steel BC shaved down about another tenth of a millimeter or two tenths and see if it helps with cycling (it should) because it was binding in the G&P 6 position.

Nice rifle....totally agree on the UBR deal. It's been turning me away from it because it can't use ASAP plate...

It wouldn't be the end of the world if it came with a sling attachment mount... Then I could actually use a sling, but as it stands, it does not, so you get the privilege of buying one of those TOO!

No Kidding? That would probably fix all of my issues with smooth cycling. Then again, this UBR's buffer tube is wider than that of the 6 position I had earlier so it moves smoothly, even more smoothly with the G&P bolt carrier :D I need to get my Prime WA Length Steel BC shaved down about another tenth of a millimeter or two tenths and see if it helps with cycling (it should) because it was binding in the G&P 6 position.

No kidding at all, I bought this kit as part of my recent project:

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MGMOEKITOD.aspx

The included buffer tube goes on to the WOC lowers no issue, I've also got the locking ring from it on the G&P buffer tube and that's compatible as well.